1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 18:01
    Originally posted by phil3000
    What about Scotland against Leichenstein ,what a laugh !!!
    it wasn't quite as entertaining as watching Germany whup the Angles 4:1, in fact, i have ordered two world cup Germany shirts, one of which has already arrived, a beautiful black, gold and red Addidas affair, to commemorate the wonderful occasion, man i could watch that forever. . . .
  2. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 18:38
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Well, Denmark and Norway must also play each other, so they will also lose points. I'd say Denmark looks good for topping the group, especially since they seem to have our number.
    If Portugal win at home against Denmark, then all is good again. You should expect Portugal to beat Iceland home and away, Cyprus away and Norway at home. Then a draw against Denmark away should enough and Portugal are through. Then again a loss against Denmark and it's all over. At least the first place.

Denmark on the other hand are looking very weak too. A slim 1-0 at home against Iceland isn't much, and you can see the team really need Bendtner up front.

Norway have gotten their effective (and very boring) coach, Drillo, back, and they look very strong right now. Lots of young talent and some old experienced goalscorers.

I also don't understand what's going on with Portugal. It seems more psychological than tactical or the quality of the players (despite injuries). I wonder if it's really the Carlos Queiroz saga or something more...

Well, Portugal fired Queiroz, so we'll probably see a team firing on all guns in October in Porto. I don't know if it's good or bad for Denmark?
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 18:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it wasn't quite as entertaining as watching Germany whup the Angles 4:1, in fact, i have ordered two world cup Germany shirts, one of which has already arrived, a beautiful black, gold and red Addidas affair, to commemorate the wonderful occasion, man i could watch that forever. . . .
    Where have you been ?
    I think the referee was going to play all night untill Scotland got the winner !!!.
    Leichenatein , i think they would struggle in a good pub league ..
    I would buy a Leichenstein shirt but i think they only have about 22 and thats for their squad !!!
    Poor old Leichenstein ,they even got their national anthem booed because it was the same tune as "god save the queen "
    :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 19:112 edits
    Where have you been ?
    I think the referee was going to play all night untill Scotland got the winner !!!.
    Leichenatein , i think they would struggle in a good pub league ..
    I would buy a Leichenstein shirt but i think they only have about 22 and thats for their squad !!!
    Poor old Leichenstein ,they even got their national anthem booed because it was the same tune as "god save the queen "
    :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
    well, after the first affair against Lithuania i threw in the towel, enough is enough! How the heck can players getting paid twenty grand a week not pass the ball to other players also getting said amount? I cannot watch nor listen to that type of football, im sorry, life is too short. How Scotland are top of their group is a travesty of justice, Lithuania did them a favour by beating the Czeck republic away from home, it only prolongs the agony! We have gone back to a defensive type of game, when true artists like James MacFadden must sit on the bench and be tortured like the rest of us.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 20:36
    well, after the first affair against Lithuania i threw in the towel, enough is enough! How the heck can players getting paid twenty grand a week not pass the ball to other players also getting said amount? I cannot watch nor listen to that type of football, im sorry, life is too short. How Scotland are top of their group is a travesty of justice, ...[text shortened]... hen true artists like James MacFadden must sit on the bench and be tortured like the rest of us.
    i fancy scotland to get second in the group.
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 21:03
    Originally posted by trev33
    i fancy scotland to get second in the group.
    Yes ,and England will win the european nations cup 🙄🙄🙄
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 21:05
    what sport is that played in? 😛

look at the rest of the teams other than spain, to say they're all pretty crap is too kind.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 23:44

look at the rest of the teams other than spain, to say they're all pretty crap is too kind.
    you reckon Trev, its not that we dont have some good players, its i dunno, just so frustrating to watch a team that cannot even pass the ball to their own players. No amount of hard work, commitment, drive etc etc will make up for that. If i could change nationality i would maybe become Irish (maybe i could on the basis of my grandfather i dunno), failing that, German.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 23:45
    is that punting in oxfordshire or something? tiddly winks or elephant polo?
  10. Santiago
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 04:02
    Good on you.

One day Scotland will have a team good enough to even be on the same pitch as England. Then you won't have to keep buying those expensice German, Brazilian, Argentian or Portuguese shirts.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 16:47

Football to most people ,but Soc- cer to you Americanised dudes !!
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 16:49
    is that punting in oxfordshire or something? tiddly winks or elephant polo?
    You just had to mention elephant polo seeing as you are world champions !!
    😳😳😳
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 21:38
    You just had to mention elephant polo seeing as you are world champions !!
    Something tells me that if Kenya chose to play, they'd literally crush the opposition.

Richard
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 00:092 edits
    Originally posted by Hopster
    Good on you.

One day Scotland will have a team good enough to even be on the same pitch as England. Then you won't have to keep buying those expensice German, Brazilian, Argentian or Portuguese shirts.
    I actually dont think England are much better, infact, the best part of watching English premiership football is watching the foreign nationals in teams like Man Utd and Arsenal. They are just mince, unadulterated first class mince, as their woeful performance in the last world cup showed, fur coat and no knickers, that about sums England up. I almost found it in my hearty to feel sorry for them, but then i remembered how we have been hearing about 1966 before i was born, and no, i would not wish it upon my children's generation as well, so i proudly wear my Germany shirt as a reminder, and i am truly hoping that the Scottish executive shall erect a statue of Diego Maradonna, in Stirling Castle, beside Robert Bruce, overlooking the fields of Bannockburn and in the shadow of the Wallace monument, for services rendered to the Nation of Scotland! Diego Maradonna, Scottish folk Hero.
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '10 16:59
    I actually dont think England are much better, infact, the best part of watching English premiership football is watching the foreign nationals in teams like Man Utd and Arsenal. They are just mince, unadulterated first class mince, as their woeful performance in the last world cup showed, fur coat and no knickers, that about sums England up. I alm ...[text shortened]... onument, for services rendered to the Nation of Scotland! Diego Maradonna, Scottish folk Hero.
    Such a forward looking people you Scots !!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree