1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 12:15
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Germany or Spain and possible dark horse Netherlands.
    Not the Netherlands. We'll lose to Denmark (we consistently underestimate them) and to Portugal (our Angstgegner - no matter how badly they play, we always manage to do worse against them), and draw against Germany, maybe even get a small win that won't be enough. We'll end up at most third in our group.

Richard
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 15:52
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Not the Netherlands. We'll lose to Denmark (we consistently underestimate them) and to Portugal (our Angstgegner - no matter how badly they play, we always manage to do worse against them), and draw against Germany, maybe even get a small win that won't be enough. We'll end up at most third in our group.

Richard
    No way, this Dutch team are awesome, i think they may go all the way. You cannot cite
    historical references as proof of what may transpire, its not the same team. You will go
    through with Germany, providing you keep your cool against Portugal.
  3. England
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 15:14

Richard
    bum ive got money on you to beat denmark..
  4. In your face
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 19:01
    £2.00 EW on Russia to lift the trophy @ 20/1

You better be right Trev 😠
  5. Utrecht
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 12:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No way, this Dutch team are awesome, i think they may go all the way. You cannot cite
    historical references as proof of what may transpire, its not the same team. You will go
    through with Germany, providing you keep your cool against Portugal.
    I hope you're right, but no, too much dissatisfaction in and around the squad;
    *Not in a good form including Sneijder.
    *v Persie awsome with the Gunners, not in the national team so far on that position.
    A very dissapointed Huntelaar (Germany's topscorer this season) who's
    not one f the 11.
    *I think there are two camps in the team (former Ajax players- the rest)
    *A bad defense.
    *Two butchers who haven't been forgotten (de Jong and van Bommel)
    *Lost 3-0 against Germany a few months back, and even it was a friendly game, we never want to lose any game against them.
    *And what SB said; Portugal is our 'Angstgegner', we always lose our head against them for the simple reason that Portugal plays the agression part way smarter then we do.

I put my money on France.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 17:55
    Strike one 😀

Richard
  7. In your face
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 18:14
    Strike one 😀

Richard
    I should have listened to you :/
  8. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 18:45
    France
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '12 09:44
    Strike one 😀

Richard
    How the heck can a team create 30 chances and not score any goals? I hate to admit it, but you were right.
  10. In your face
    Moves
    10 Jun '12 09:51
    How the heck can a team create 30 chances and not score any goals? I hate to admit it, but you were right.
    Crap finishing mate 😕

They were dire in the box and Agger and co took command of the situation well.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '12 11:121 edit
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Crap finishing mate 😕

They were dire in the box and Agger and co took command of the situation well.
    crap finishing, they have some of the most prolific strikers in the world! and what the
    heck did Portugal think they were doing against Germany? Look at the players they
    have , they are in no way inferior to the Germans but they were scared and played
    with 11 men behind the ball, only when they were forced to open up did they threaten,
    you cannot play football or chess fearing your opponents!
  12. In your face
    Moves
    10 Jun '12 11:20
    crap finishing, they have some of the most prolific strikers in the world! and what the
    heck did Portugal think they were doing against Germany? Look at the players they
    have , they are in no way inferior to the Germans but they were scared and played
    with 11 men behind the ball, only when they were forced to open up did they threaten,
    you cannot play football or chess fearing your opponents!
    Maybe so Rabbie but last night they couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. OUt of theit thirty shots, only a handful were on target. I was surprised as you are. I was also surprised at Portugal's tactics. I know Germany are a well oiled machine at present but you just have to go out there with the ethic that you have to try and score more times than them, or at least get a draw. They are up against it now. You can't score goals from inside your own half.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '12 18:01
    The strange thing this time is that England could end up being the 'dark horse' of the competition. Sufficient forced change to break the 'usual suspects' line up could be a good thing.

On the other hand expectations could be well and truly met and we go out with a whimper as usual. I still suspect Roy Hodgson is the wrong choice.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '12 18:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The strange thing this time is that England could end up being the 'dark horse' of the competition. Sufficient forced change to break the 'usual suspects' line up could be a good thing.

On the other hand expectations could be well and truly met and we go out with a whimper as usual. I still suspect Roy Hodgson is the wrong choice.
    who cares about England?
  15. In your face
    Moves
    10 Jun '12 18:16
    who cares about England?
    The Scottish seem to give us quite a lot of attention :o)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree