1. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 01:45
    Originally posted by jman566
    As i recall the united states is rather good in soccer. Now if we really got our country into soccer we would be an unstoppable force to be reckoned with. I'm not sure what england is known for...oh yea Tea and Crumpets! u sissy lalas... couldnt even keep of a hold on the USA in its early stages. tsk tsk deeply disappointed
    Eh no their not really, how many American players play with the top clubs in the world?

England is correctly known as the home of real football as that's were it was invented and they have by a mile the best league in the world!
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 02:07
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    I pretty sure USA will climb the ranks and if I were a betting person I'd bet on USA winning a world cup before England simply because England think they know how to play where as USA just want to get better and do.
    More chance of of Aliens conquering earth and turning us all to lemons next sunday then the USA ever winning the world cup!
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 03:58
    Thats because you yanks are jealous of the biggest ,most supported and watched sport on the globe and it has diddly squat to do with the USA !!

What made you think that people in the US give a flip about what the rest of the world thinks? Heck, there are people who live in certain states (ok, maybe just Texas) who don't really care what anyone thinks outside of their own state, let alone opinions of those who live outside the US.
  4. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 08:34
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    More chance of of Aliens conquering earth and turning us all to lemons next sunday then the USA ever winning the world cup!
    How did you know they had landed? Wales and England got turned to Lemons last week.
    OH hang on that was rugby.

USA may take 4 or 5 cups to get their but I'm sure they will. The game is growing there faster than almost anywhere other than maybe China and they are another area that will get to the tp one day.

I think Englands only been in the last four a couple of times and the way ppl go on about them.. well it's fantasy to believe England will win in the next couple of cups. It could happen if some of the top players played over seas in their younger years instead of waiting to get old.
    Learning the trade from other countries gives a grounding. If they all stay put they'll all turn to lemons.
  5. Joined
    15 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 06:561 edit
    Eh no their not really, how many American players play with the top clubs in the world?

England is correctly known as the home of real football as that's were it was invented and they have by a mile the best league in the world!
    I dont think i stuttered or maybe your english skills are low. if the US really considered even attempting to play soccer we would be a force to reckon with.

Real football in england??? hhahahhahahahahh please u make me laugh, please England Football??? hahahhahahhhah thats a good one sir.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 10:26
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan

I think Englands only been in the last four a couple of times and the way ppl go on about them.. well it's fantasy to believe England will win in the next couple of cups. It could happen if some of the top players played over seas in their younger years instead of waiting to get old.
    Learning the trade from other countries gives a grounding. If they all stay put they'll all turn to lemons.
    Actually England will be stong contenders for the next 2 world cups! Nobody can deny that on form the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and John Terry are some of the best players in the world...if they can play as a team they definitely have to be one of the favourites...but I'll admit that this is where the problem is...they sometimes struggle to play "as a team"!!

That's just the media, when it comes to England they always blow things way, way out of proportion!

Some of the best players played oversea's??? Hello? You obviously don't know anything about real football, just to educate you the English Premiership is the best league in the world...to try to argue against this is like trying to say the earths flat!! Besides the Spanish legaue all the other leagues in the world are miles behind!

Yeah Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand are wasting their time playing for the best club in the world 🙂
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 10:39
    Originally posted by jman566
    I dont think i stuttered or maybe your english skills are low. if the US really considered even attempting to play soccer we would be a force to reckon with.

Real football in england??? hhahahhahahahahh please u make me laugh, please England Football??? hahahhahahhhah thats a good one sir.
    My English skills are far better than your's, I didn't say you stuttered, I just commented on how completely stupid your post was!

America's sporting culture is built around high scoring games...soccer would never be big over their anyway!

Yes indeed the highest point in real football is not the world cup, It's the champions league. this is because you will get poor teams in the world cup quarter final, you don't get poor teams in the champions leagur quarter final and last years final was between the 2 best teams in the world, and they were both English and they both had a good few English players..If you happen to be able to read the sports pages you'll see that in the last few years the champions league has been dominated by English teans!!!
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 10:41
    Actually England will be stong contenders for the next 2 world cups! Nobody can deny that on form the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and John Terry are some of the best players in the world...if they can play as a team they definitely have to be one of the favourites...but I'll admit that this is where the problem is...they sometimes struggle to play "as ...[text shortened]... Rooney and Rio Ferdinand are wasting their time playing for the best club in the world 🙂
    I think where we [england]go wrong us that ,the press brain wash us in to thinking the likes of ..rooney ,gerrard,lampard ,ashley cole and ferdinand ,etc are the best in the world in their relevant positions ,but i am sorry to say they are all far from it ,because if they were we would have won something by now !!! Spain and Greece have both won the european cup lately and where was we? i can not see england winning the world cup with this crop of players and as for the usa , more chance of sven goren ericson keeping his pants on!!!
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 12:08
    Actually England will be stong contenders for the next 2 world cups! Nobody can deny that on form the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and John Terry are some of the best players in the world...if they can play as a team they definitely have to be one of the favourites...but I'll admit that this is where the problem is...they sometimes struggle to play "as ...[text shortened]... Rooney and Rio Ferdinand are wasting their time playing for the best club in the world 🙂
    omg where to start with this post.

Actually England will be stong contenders for the next 2 world cups!

how so? you're saying a team that wasn't good enough to reach a computation with the top 16 teams in europe are going to be strong contenders and the next two world cups?

the players you list can't play in a team it's been proven year after year, gerrard has done nothing in his whole england career. class at liverpoool nothing in at england shirt.

i'll admit they do have a pool of talent good enough to get to the last 8 of the world cup but what's stopping them from crashing out while playing badly, it has to be said like the previous years?

Some of the best players played oversea's??? Hello? You obviously don't know anything about real football, just to educate you the English Premiership is the best league in the world...to try to argue against this is like trying to say the earths flat!!

most entertaining league in the world? no. best technical league in the world? no. richest league in the world? yes. best league in the world? no.

ask anyone who is a fan of spanish football as well as english football who it not english and they will say that the spanish league is better to watch and the players are technically better than the english players.

did you see any of the arsenal game yesterday? that was a beauty to behold, how many english players were playing again? if fifa gets the player restrictions they want we'll soon see who has the best pool of players, and it won't be england.

english players don't move abroad because they're scared. i have a lot of respect for what beckham is doing an the moment. if i was a professional footballer i would be playing in either italy or spain. english football other than man utd and arsenal is boring.
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 15:40
    Originally posted by trev33
    omg where to start with this post.

[b]Actually England will be stong contenders for the next 2 world cups!

how so? you're saying a team that wasn't good enough to reach a computation with the top 16 teams in europe are going to be strong contenders and the next two world cups?

the players you list can't play in a team it's been pr ...[text shortened]... in either italy or spain. english football other than man utd and arsenal is boring.[/b]
    Lot of resp[ect for beckham,why?he is just a money mercenary ,he has just sh$t on l.a.galaxy big time.!!!
    most entertaining league in the world..
    best technical league
    Out of the 4 semi finalists in the euro champions cup 3 where from the premier !!!! What does that tell you , i think you just follow the likes of Beckham and your knowledge of football would fit on the back of a postage stamp!!!
    😉
  11. Joined
    15 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 17:15
    My English skills are far better than your's, I didn't say you stuttered, I just commented on how completely stupid your post was!

America's sporting culture is built around high scoring games...soccer would never be big over their anyway!

Yes indeed the highest point in real football is not the world cup, It's the champions league. this is because you ...[text shortened]... see that in the last few years the champions league has been dominated by English teans!!!
    I doubt your english skills are superior than mine. Please sir, your arguing with a high school student. Where are you getting at calling my post stupid. I can easily do the same to yours. The reason soccer is not popular in the USA is not because our games revolve around high scoring games but because at a young age the idea of Football is versified. In America, boys play Football (not soccer the other kind) and girls played soccer. I'm not saying soccer is a girl's sport because I love the game too. It's the way our culture has thought us to think.
  12. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 19:321 edit
    Actually England will be stong contenders for the next 2 world cups! Nobody can deny that on form the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and John Terry are some of the best players in the world...if they can play as a team they definitely have to be one of the favourites...but I'll admit that this is where the problem is...they sometimes struggle to play "as Rooney and Rio Ferdinand are wasting their time playing for the best club in the world 🙂
    How do we measure success if not by winning?

Comments about struggling to play as a team? Really is that what they say at The Railways because the trains don't run on time?

I don't have the answers but measure business by returns. The Big Clubs are making lots of money. They are competing for your cash.
    You'll see Man U shirts all over the world from Asia to here in NZ.. ppl lovem as much as McDonalds. (is that good or bad? I'm not sure on that one)

If you truly believe what you says and the heads of English Football agree, then England is doomed to more mediocre results. You trains will never run on time.

The passion in the streets needs to flow into the game at top level. The countries that consistently reach the finals of the world cup know this. Does England need to give it's team more time together before the tournament? Would their clubs agree to this, should they have a say?

Lets forget the world cup for a moment and just look at Europe.
    From 23 games in the European Champs England only won 7. They've never won. If they were paid for winning they'd all be poor.
    Only one English player in the top 24 goal averages/tournament.

(England could give citizenship to some of it's foreign players )😕
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 23:13
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I think where we [england]go wrong us that ,the press brain wash us in to thinking the likes of ..rooney ,gerrard,lampard ,ashley cole and ferdinand ,etc are the best in the world in their relevant positions ,but i am sorry to say they are all far from it ,because if they were we would have won something by now !!! Spain and Greece have both won the europea ...[text shortened]... s crop of players and as for the usa , more chance of sven goren ericson keeping his pants on!!!
    No their not far from it, England have on paper one of the 5 strongest squads in the world, just look at what they do when their on form for their clubs...the problem is their very different players when they play for their county, particularly Lampard

Previously you's had Errikson who was useless and decided to build a team around Beckam, a player well past his best...I'm probably reading way too much into some of Capello's good results though, but I think the potential for great things if definitely their!
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    10 Mar '09 00:14
    Originally posted by trev33

most entertaining league in the world? no. best technical league in the world? no. richest league in the world? yes. best league in the world? no.

ask anyone who is a fan of spanish football as well as english football who it not english and they will say that the spanish league is better to watch and the players are technically better than the english pla ...[text shortened]... playing in either italy or spain. english football other than man utd and arsenal is boring.[/b]
    Most entertaining league in the world, definitely, theirs a lot more surprise results and theirs always a sense any team can beat anybody on their day and the relagation fight is between so many teams! it's the best league in the world and more and more players are seeing the Premiership rather then La Liga as been the place to prove themselves!

ok now that I've said all that I'll accept the fact that if I was able to be completely neutral the average La liga match would be more exciting than the average Premiership match!

I actually do know loads of people that watch both and prefer the Premiership but admittedly that's because their first team is an English team!

We could argue all day at wheter the Spanish league or the Premiership is better but both are miles ahead of the rest of the world, Italy...come on? Inter are easily the best team in Italy and look at them against ManU in the first leg?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree