2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    21 May '07 15:201 edit
    Lets see here:

Seiste:

Moves : 20795
    Public posts: 5320 (380 pages * 14 posts per page)

Achieved all this in about 1 year 4 months

rhb
    Moves : 11859
    Public posts: 3808 (272 pages * 14 per page)

Achieved all this in about 3 years 8 months

----------------------------------------

Overall conclusion: To have achieved so much in so little time, Seiste obviously has no life outside of RHP.
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    21 May '07 15:22
    Originally posted by Seitse
    No, that makes you a liar, LMAO

😵
    Still at stage 4, I don't think we'll get much further on this topic.

Please provide the evidence that I'm a liar (without engaging in a circualr argument over whether I have a life or not on the basis of your say so).
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    21 May '07 15:23
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Lets see here:

[b]Seiste:

Moves : 20795
    Public posts: 5320 (380 pages * 14 posts per page)

Achieved all this in about 1 year 4 months

rhb
    Moves : 11859
    Public posts: 3808 (272 pages * 14 per page)

Achieved all this in about 3 years 8 months

--------------------------------------- ...[text shortened]... :[/b] To have achieved so much in so little time, Seiste obviously has no life outside of RHP.[/b]
    Ouch, that's gotta hurt the prosecutions case.
  5. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 May '07 15:25
    Originally posted by rhb
    Ouch, that's gotta hurt the prosecutions case.
    So much pain,so much angst....collecting points off people....that reeks of no life outside of rhp......
  6. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 May '07 15:27
    Originally posted by silly mctall
    lets get back to the fact that the super blues won the cup and i love it. no one came on and said that man u last game was boring when they won the league did they. it was a great result and please dont talk about a league that people only go to watch to fight?!?!?!
    BLUE IS THE COLOUR,CHELSEA IS THE NAME.......

Noone's listening Silly McTall....
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 May '07 15:57
    Is that the so-called "best league in the world"?!?!?!?!

I fell asleep, for crying out loud... nothing compared with the great
    UEFA Cup final between Sevilla and Espanyol, sincerely.

Anyway, congrats to Chelski.
    Back to the discussion in hand.

How does an FA Cup match reflect on the Premier League? What does a Uefa Cup game got to do with how strong the Spanish League is? You probably don't know this, but the FA Cup features teams from all levels of leagues (both professional and non) in England.

What does it mean to be "The best League" anyway? Does it contain the highest number of most successful teams in the world? Is it always closely contested, with a large number of teams capable of winning/being relegated?

Please explain your "logic", with your comments regarding judging leagues by referencing cup matches?

Thanks in advance,

D
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 May '07 06:29
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Back to the discussion in hand.

How does an FA Cup match reflect on the Premier League? What does a Uefa Cup game got to do with how strong the Spanish League is? You probably don't know this, but the FA Cup features teams from all levels of leagues (both professional and non) in England.

What does it mean to be "The best League" anyway? Does it co ...[text shortened]... r comments regarding judging leagues by referencing cup matches?

Thanks in advance,

D
    Question: If two Argentinian teams play the final of the Libertadores Cup, do they reflect the level of the Argentinian football?

The answer is yes.

But of course you will come and say "but Libertadores is played by teams from ALL the continent, not only Argentina"

Which is nonsense, because both teams ARE Argentinian (let's say Boca Juniors and River Plate).

So, the FA Cup is played by teams from different leagues, BUT the final was reached by two teams of the Premier League, which gives us two opportunities:

(1) To say the Premier league is the best from all the participants in the FA Cup.

(2) To measure the level of English football.

Unless it is a friendly match, official competitions measure the level of teams.

How can that be discussed? It escapes me.
  9. LA
    Moves
    22 May '07 06:59
    Question: If two Argentinian teams play the final of the Libertadores Cup, do they reflect the level of the Argentinian football?

The answer is yes.

But of course you will come and say "but Libertadores is played by teams from ALL the continent, not only Argentina"

Which is nonsense, because both teams ARE Argentinian (let's say Boca Juniors and Riv ...[text shortened]... fficial competitions measure the level of teams.

How can that be discussed? It escapes me.
    The FA Cup does represent the level of English football.
    The two teams in the FA Cup Final.
    Were also 2 of the 4 teams in the semi final of the European Champions League.

The other two teams in the CL semi final were English and Italian.
    No Spanish to be seen.

One of the teams in the FA Cup final are also the Champions of England.
    The other team in the FA Cup final were the Champions of England last Season.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 May '07 07:50
    Ok, let me put it this way:

Are Chelski and Manchester United representative of the style and level of English football?
  11. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 08:10

Are Chelski and Manchester United representative of the style and level of English football?
    of course the two teams in question reflect the level of english football but in the FA cup there is a different attitude towards other teams. if Chels play grimsby then there will always be a chance that the underdogs will win, and the only reason for this is that they will have a more burning desire to win it. i truly believe that Chelsea and man u were in that final not just because of the talent in the teams but they were running on hunger for a cup that the whole english league want to win. Grimsby and the smaller teams may dream about winning the Premier league but the reality is they are never going to win it because they havent got the talent yet when it comes to the FA cup then they have as much chance as any one due to the amount of hunger that is within that team. but hey Chelsea won it and i am very happy.
  12. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    22 May '07 08:21

FFS eejit. Of course they are!

One dull game doesn't make for a dull league though.

Look at the boxing, Oscar vs Floyd recently - an awful "show" fight from 2 of the greatest pound for pound boxers the sport has ever produced. Does this mean that we should use that single fight to reflect on everything else they've ever done in the sport? Of course not!

Same applies for Manure and Cheslki - I'm no fan of either, but to say that one game makes the premiership dull it's just a load of rubbish. It is often the case than when the top 2 meet they cancel each other out.

Have you forgotten what happened to A.S. Roma in the quarter finals of the chamipons league? Are you seriosuly saying that the same Man.U team is dull 'cos of what happened at Wembley?

Given the time and if I could be bothered, I'm sure there's plenty of 0-0 ball draws that could be shown to "prove" La Liga is a dull league, fact is it isn't, so there'd be little point arguing it. Same applies for your argument around the premiership.
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 May '07 09:032 edits
    Originally posted by rhb
    FFS eejit. Of course they are!

One dull game doesn't make for a dull league though.

Look at the boxing, Oscar vs Floyd recently - an awful "show" fight from 2 of the greatest pound for pound boxers the sport has ever produced. Does this mean that we should use that single fight to reflect on everything else they've ever done in the sport? Of course not!

be little point arguing it. Same applies for your argument around the premiership.
    Oh, so let me get this straight: Dull, defensive, long-ball, tight matches are not representative of English football?

For crying out loud! How can you argue that???

Let's understand something: One thing is that the football is effective (no wonder English teams always make it to the finals of important tourneys), but that does not release them from the boring tag.

Take Greece for example, when they won the Euro Cup. It was booooooring as hell the way they played, but very effective.

So I repeat: I like entertainment footie, with lots of excitement and preferably goals, with technical quality (instead of physical game)... I do not like the boring style of English football, which IMO it was represented in the FA Cup final... I consider it different from the one I watch every weekend, from A to Z (if broadcasted), the Spanish one.
  14. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 May '07 09:09

Seitse, I agree the match was abysmal (I slept through most of it) but it was ONE game! It was also at the end of a very long season for both clubs who are very closely matched and unfortunately due to what was at stake very negative on the day.

Level? They were both Champions League semi finalists!
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 May '07 09:551 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Seitse, I agree the match was abysmal (I slept through most of it) but it was ONE game! It was also at the end of a very long season for both clubs who are very closely matched and unfortunately due to what was at stake very negative on the day.

Level? They were both Champions League semi finalists!
    And I agree: They are effective teams.

The fact that I don't like it it's a very personal view, based on tastes.

I prefer to see Athletic Bilbao v. Nastic (bottom in the Spanish standings) than any Newcastle, West Ham, etcetera. But that's because that the style of game.

Hey, I have buddies who love tactical games, 0-0, because they know about tactics and that stuff. I don't, I like to see hat tricks, great saves, dribbles... that kind of stuff.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree