1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 May '07 15:30
    Originally posted by Seitse
    1. I definitively don't have your sense of humor, and viceversa.

2. I don't like (nor understand) cricket. But that's another thread.

3. The question escapes me, because you made in a satirical way... I thought you were trying to draw the same conclusions from an FA Cup final and a world cup final. I think it is different... moreover, because league cup ...[text shortened]... what you are saying? Would you tell also to stick to chess to those guys in the pub? 😉
    1-4 ok. Let's leave it there.

5 - exactly - surely the odd diamond in the mud is what we should all be looking for. If there were more diamonds than mud, then they'd be worthless.

6 - I think you misunderstand me. That would be bemoaning that individual game as just watched - not the whole of the football league as a result (I wasn't at the other games, so how could I bemoan them?).

So, my follow on still stands. If you don't like it (in your case your point relates to all of it) then don't watch it.

I hope that makes more sense.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    23 May '07 15:35
    Originally posted by rhb
    1-4 ok. Let's leave it there.

5 - exactly - surely the odd diamond in the mud is what we should all be looking for. If there were more diamonds than mud, then they'd be worthless.

6 - I think you misunderstand me. That would be bemoaning that individual game as just watched - not the whole of the football league as a result (I wasn't at the other games, so ...[text shortened]... case your point relates to all of it) then don't watch it.

I hope that makes more sense.
    Oh, but bemoaning for one match includes bemoaning for the whole thing, including also the depreciation of the currency and the whole world, including the queen, in a wave of utter pesimism because the match you were expecting so much from, did not result how one wanted it.

And yes, that's why I keep watching English footie: I hope to find those diamonds.
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 May '07 16:24
    Oh, but bemoaning for one match includes bemoaning for the whole thing, including also the depreciation of the currency and the whole world, including the queen, in a wave of utter pesimism because the match you were expecting so much from, did not result how one wanted it.

And yes, that's why I keep watching English footie: I hope to find those diamonds.
    Bemoaning is very specific, it does not extend beyond the subject of the intial bemoan unless one chooses to do so.

Make sure you're watching on Monday then!
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 May '07 16:35
    [THREAD TOO LONG]
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 May '07 16:49
    Originally posted by Palynka
    [THREAD TOO LONG]
    You'd better be watching on Monday too! 😛
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    24 May '07 06:12
    Ok, so what about yesterday?

2-1 but, sincerely, much better than the FA Cup.

Milan plays a great defense and the are lethal with Inzaghi hunting for
    chances.

I am glad they won, really.

Can someone tell me why Benitez placed Crouch until the end?

The guy could have started immediately after the goal, even from the 1st half.

Oh well, I am sorry for Benitez en Hypia, but happy for Maldini!
  7. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    24 May '07 08:12
    Ok, so what about yesterday?

2-1 but, sincerely, much better than the FA Cup.

Milan plays a great defense and the are lethal with Inzaghi hunting for
    chances.

I am glad they won, really.

Can someone tell me why Benitez placed Crouch until the end?

The guy could have started immediately after the goal, even from the 1st half.

Oh well, I am sorry for Benitez en Hypia, but happy for Maldini!
    Benitez got the tactics right for the first half. I think that he did not want to change anything. He wanted to control midfield and use the width to stretch Milan. He saw the way that Milan doubled up on the flanks against Utd and wanted to play long diagonals to exploit the space on the opposing flanks.

I agree that he should have brought Crouch on a bit earlier, but when that little Argentinian came off Kaka started to get free.

I think that Liverpool played well considering that Milan have more class in their side. For an italian team the usual precision passing was awful in the first half, mainly due to liverpool pressure.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    24 May '07 08:22
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    Benitez got the tactics right for the first half. I think that he did not want to change anything. He wanted to control midfield and use the width to stretch Milan. He saw the way that Milan doubled up on the flanks against Utd and wanted to play long diagonals to exploit the space on the opposing flanks.

I agree that he should have brought Crouch ...[text shortened]... team the usual precision passing was awful in the first half, mainly due to liverpool pressure.
    Yeah, Mascherano can be noted very well when absent from the field, I agree.

It just calls my attention that a.s.a. Crouch got in, danger in Milan's goal line started to be felt.

Inzaghi, finally, is a plain killer... I just wish the 1st goal was different. I am sorry for Reina, such a great goalkeeper.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 May '07 10:02
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil

I agree that he should have brought Crouch ...[text shortened]... team the usual precision passing was awful in the first half, mainly due to liverpool pressure.
    My thoughts exactly. Benitez had prepared the game excellently (as usual) but I think he had some poor choices when he decided to shake things up in the second half.

Kewell? He gambled, ok, Zenden was giving every ball he touched away, ok, but what were the odds of Kewell actually doing something?

Secondly, Mascherano was the reason why Milan were having a hard time doing fast transitions. Liverpool needed to attack, certainly, but one would expect that from then on Milan would rely on fast counter-attacks.

I know that it was difficult to claw back into the game, and Liverpool's bench isn't full with rich options, but still I think he could have done better.

Of course, if Kewell had been a key factor, many would be calling him a genius by now.
  10. Standard memberpawntorook4
    chaotic patzer
    Campinas, SP; Brazil
    Moves
    26 May '07 16:47
    meah... you cant spell MANUre without MANU.. One of the greatest games I ever saw was that 3-1 spanking Vasco Da Gama gave them in the FIFA World Club championships. And tying the Mexicans was like rubbing salt in the wounds.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree