1. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 01:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    Ah to be vendicated. The LA Angels are but a game and a half out of first place. The LA Dodgers are tied for first place. Boston is but a game and a half out for first place with New York tied for first place.

Like I said, the season is a long one and the longer it goes the more likely my scenerio pans out. Sorry fellas, I don't like it any more than you. In fact, it pains me to be right all the time. 😛
    How do you think you are vindicated? You are pretty much 100% wrong about everything.

Boston is tied with Toronto for third -- only Baltimore is behind them. The Yankees are not in first either Tampa is. The Angels are 1/2 a game ahead of Oakland and behind Texas. You said it was automatic that Boston or New York would win every year with maybe a great organization like Tampa winning once in a while. Tampa is in first Toronto is as good as Boston.

Minnesota in in first as is Texas; Oakland is a whopping game out. The idea that it is inevitable the Angels will win seems false. Philly is behind Atlanta. The Reds are half a game behind St. Louis. San Diego is in first.

Your theory is just flat out 100% wrong.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 02:03
    Originally posted by quackquack
    How do you think you are vindicated? You are pretty much 100% wrong about everything.

Boston is tied with Toronto for third -- only Baltimore is behind them. The Yankees are not in first either Tampa is. The Angels are 1/2 a game ahead of Oakland and behind Texas. You said it was automatic that Boston or New York would win every year with maybe a ...[text shortened]... f a game behind St. Louis. San Diego is in first.

Your theory is just flat out 100% wrong.
    My only point is that as the season drags on my predictions get closer and closer to being correct.
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 03:58
    My only point is that as the season drags on my predictions get closer and closer to being correct.
    It is just comical that you think your predictions are accurate. Where did you pick Tampa, Texas and San Diego to be in first with the Reds half a game out and Oakland a game out? You talked about all big market teams in first please. The three biggest media markets NY, Chicago and LA have six teams. None are in first place. Boston is tied for third. Philadelphia would not make the playoffs if the season ended today. No sport has more parity than baseball and you are just simply whine about things that aren't even occurring.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 13:08
    Tampa is in first Toronto is as good as Boston.
    Dang bullpen. We could have swept the Rays if it wasn't for Gregg's back-to-back boner 9th innings and we could have won yesterday too if it weren't for that dang Robbie Cano in the 8th! 😠 That would have been 9-0 against BOS, TAM and NYY in the home stand. I'll settle for 6-3 though. 😛
  5. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 13:58
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Dang bullpen. We could have swept the Rays if it wasn't for Gregg's back-to-back boner 9th innings and we could have won yesterday too if it weren't for that dang Robbie Cano in the 8th! 😠 That would have been 9-0 against BOS, TAM and NYY in the home stand. I'll settle for 6-3 though. 😛
    Toronto is really good (and certainly if they were in the right division they'd be favorites to make the playoffs). I have no idea why people are convinced that they will collapse.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 14:07
    Toronto is really good (and certainly if they were in the right division they'd be favorites to make the playoffs). I have no idea why people are convinced that they will collapse.
    We are getting all our runs off of dingers. It's not a sustainable strategy so I can see where the doubt creeps in.

The biggest surprise to me though is our young starting pitching. I never would have guessed that the Jays starting pitching would have IMPROVED as a team after losing Halladay. But pitching can go in a moment's notice, especially with young guys, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.
  7. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 17:141 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    We are getting all our runs off of dingers. It's not a sustainable strategy so I can see where the doubt creeps in.

The biggest surprise to me though is our young starting pitching. I never would have guessed that the Jays starting pitching would have IMPROVED as a team after losing Halladay. But pitching can go in a moment's notice, especially with young guys, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.
    You're a Blue Jay fan so you following closer than I do, but two years ago I thought they had good young arms, didn't you. Last year there were so many injuries to the entire team that it made sense that they would be better. I also think that people focues too much on the negative (the fact that they lost Holliday and Burnett and the last two years) and not the positive (they know what they are doing with producing top notch pitchers). Even if they fall off and finish 4th, they are light years ahead of teams like the Orioles who just stink.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 19:48
    It is just comical that you think your predictions are accurate. Where did you pick Tampa, Texas and San Diego to be in first with the Reds half a game out and Oakland a game out? You talked about all big market teams in first please. The three biggest media markets NY, Chicago and LA have six teams. None are in first place. Boston is tied for third ...[text shortened]... ore parity than baseball and you are just simply whine about things that aren't even occurring.
    I will conceed that the Cubs were a bad pick. Like I said in my original post, picking any team over the Cardinals is more often than not folly as is picking the Cubs to win in the last 100 years. What can I say, they are cursed. As for the Cardinals, they are the best run organization in baseball and they spend enough to win. The Dreds will drop off the map like they do about this time every year.

As for Tampa Bay, I have a theory about them. Players go there and make less simply because its Florida. We all know people who have taken pay cuts to live in the sunshine. I still stand by my prediction that New York and Boston will beat Tampa out for a playoff spot, however.

I also stand by my prediction that the Dodgers will win the division. Even if the Padres win the division both will be in the playoffs.

As for the Angels, I stand by my prediction even though I was ridiculed earlier for it. They will win the division.
  9. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 03:23
    There seems to have been a change since the last baseball strike in the mid 1990's. MLB seems to have caved to the union so that the players are now in the drivers seat. This means that if you are good enough, you too can become a Yankee.

There is no way around the fact that "big market" teams consistantly outperform "small market teams". As I have show ...[text shortened]... nly people that are unhappy are the few small market fans left. So who cares about them?
    Turn back to your predictions. Right now zero out of six teams you picked are in first place. You seem like a nice guy but don't brag about these predictions.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 14:16
    You're a Blue Jay fan so you following closer than I do, but two years ago I thought they had good young arms, didn't you. Last year there were so many injuries to the entire team that it made sense that they would be better. I also think that people focues too much on the negative (the fact that they lost Holliday and Burnett and the last two years) an ...[text shortened]... fall off and finish 4th, they are light years ahead of teams like the Orioles who just stink.
    The only guy left from our rotation two years ago is Shaun Marcum. The rotation has been completely overhauled thanks to injuries and free agency.
  11. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 15:51
    The Blue Jays also have a manager who does not get enough credit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree