1. Joined
    12 Feb '10
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 04:581 edit
    Summer Olympics are better.

Lifting almost 500 pounds from the floor to over your head!?

Weight Lifting is bad ass. 🙂
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 12:201 edit
    Originally posted by CC Patzer
    Summer Olympics are better.

Lifting almost 500 pounds from the floor to over your head!?

Weight Lifting is bad ass. 🙂
    It reminds me of a SNL parady of the Olympics. They called it the "Steroid Olympics" in the skit. Athetese were not only allowed to take steriods, they were required to do so. The next scene was a Russian attampting to dead lift twice the normal amount. He begins and nothing happens for a few minutes and then he rips his arms off. The next comment you hear is, "This has to be a big dissappointment for the Russian".

Just out of curiousity, was this recent luge tradgedy the first fatality in the Olympics? It is a sober reminder of just how dangerous these sports really are. In fact, it should discourage the Olympics from adding some other sports such as polar bear wrestling, penguin chasing, and avalanch skying.

BTW: The greatest Olympic moment was the US hockey team win over the USSR in Lake Placid in the 1980's. I suggest everyone go see the movie about it, I just can't remember the name of the movie.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 12:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    It reminds me of a SNL parady of the Olympics. They called it the "Steroid Olympics" in the skit. Athetese were not only allowed to take steriods, they were required to do so. The next scene was a Russian attampting to dead lift twice the normal amount. He begins and nothing happens for a few minutes and then he rips his arms off. The next comment you he ...[text shortened]... I suggest everyone go see the movie about it, I just can't remember the name of the movie.
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Luger-s-death-is-fifth-ever-at-a-Winter-Olympics?urn=oly,219410

I believe there were other fatalities in summer games including a javelin accident and a rapier accident. I looked it up and nothing came up.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 17:24
    Originally posted by trev33
    i needed google to help me with names.

in 2002 when steven bradbury won the short course gold when the other guys fall in from of him.

and 4 years ago when lindsey jacobellis crashed trying to showboat when miles in the lead and ended up finished second in the snowboardcross.

tv gold.
    For me it had to be Canada winning the Gold Medal in Hockey in 2002!

Nice thread for change trev. 😛
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 17:59
    Crap sports also deserve their place in the snow.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 19:021 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    For me it had to be Canada winning the Gold Medal in Hockey in 2002!

Nice thread for change trev. 😛
    When Brett Hull hit the post on that power play one timer halfway through the 3rd in a 3-2 game, I almost put my fist through the TV.

Canada was the better team, but we could have stolen the game.
  7. Joined
    12 Feb '10
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 01:48
    Originally posted by sh76
    When Brett Hull hit the post on that power play one timer halfway through the 3rd in a 3-2 game, I almost put my fist through the TV.

I hear everyone saying the Canadian hockey team is too good and will take the gold.
    I would like to see USA vs Canada in the final!
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 02:00
    I hear everyone saying the Canadian hockey team is too good and will take the gold.
    I would like to see USA vs Canada in the final!
    Actually I think the most talented team is the Russians!

I like to watch Canada vs. U.S.A., but also Russians vs. Canada.

Can't count out Sweden...then there is always the team no one counted on being in the running.

The Canadian Women haven't had a real challenge yet...I believe the U.S.A. will give them all they can handle and then some.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 02:02
    Originally posted by sh76

I always found it weird why they never counted that as a shot on Goal.

I played Goal my self, and always thought I got lucky on that one!

You are right Hall scores on that, and all the flow is going the U.S. way then.
  10. Joined
    12 Feb '10
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 02:37
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Actually I think the most talented team is the Russians!

I like to watch Canada vs. U.S.A., but also Russians vs. Canada.

Can't count out Sweden...then there is always the team no one counted on being in the running.

The Canadian Women haven't had a real challenge yet...I believe the U.S.A. will give them all they can handle and then some.
    Russians vs Canada in the final, and the Canadians lose would be bad.
    It would basically be saying that Russia has taken over in Hockey talent.

Canada has always produced the best hockey players(A majority at least) and losing to the Russians when the teams are so stacked this Olympics could change peoples opinions on where the best Hockey talent comes from.

Just my thoughts.

USA! USA! USA!
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 12:54
    USA 8 medals, world 9! Go USA!!!!!! I love the winter Olympics!
  12. Joined
    12 Feb '10
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 20:05
    Hockey starts today!
  13. Joined
    12 Feb '10
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 22:06
    USA Hockey beats Swiss 3-1 🙂
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '10 01:48
    USA Hockey beats Swiss 3-1 🙂
    That's great news indeed!
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 03:42
    Russians vs Canada in the final, and the Canadians lose would be bad.
    It would basically be saying that Russia has taken over in Hockey talent.

Canada has always produced the best hockey players(A majority at least) and losing to the Russians when the teams are so stacked this Olympics could change peoples opinions on where the best Hockey talent comes from.

Just my thoughts.

USA! USA! USA!
    Many Russians and U.S. & European players play in the Junior Major hockey in Canada...Well the better ones do anyways.

Many Countries are catching up because they have followed the Canadian system of developing hockey players. Lets say they have learned from the best, so their improvement is actually a compliment.

I don't think the U.S. is at the same Skill level as the Canadians or Russians, or even Sweden for that matter...They have a great goalie in Miller who could win a few games for them, and they work hard. The game is played on the ice of course, not on what the stats are on paper.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree