1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 06:16
    Highest test opening partnership: 415
    Beating a record that stood for over 50 years!
    MH Mankad, P Roy 413 1st India v New Zealand Chennai 6 Jan 1956 Test # 420

Most runs in a day without losing a wicket: 405/0

Here's a list of records broken: http://content-rsa.cricinfo.com/bdeshvrsa/content/story/340427.html

Sure, it's against Bangladesh on an apparent highway of a pitch, but you still need pretty good concentration to not lose wickets...

Smith is looking good again and hopefully he is getting nice momentum before facing India and England next, with the real test, Australia, some time in the future.
  2. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 08:38
    Originally posted by Crowley
    [b]Highest test opening partnership: 415
    Beating a record that stood for over 50 years!
    MH Mankad, P Roy 413 1st India v New Zealand Chennai 6 Jan 1956 Test # 420

Most runs in a day without losing a wicket: 405/0

Here's a list of records broken: http://content-rsa.cricinfo.com/bdeshvrsa/content/story/340427.html

Sure, i ...[text shortened]... before facing India and England next, with the real test, Australia, some time in the future.[/b]
    Yes although it was only against Bangladesh it was a tremendous effort.

Like i said before i really cant wait for the clash between Australia and SA,maybe this will live up to a great series ,cause past clashes have promised so much but the Proteas have failed to deliver.
    It will also be interesting to see who theussies have in their ranks .the South Africans are already blooding new players and Australia must start to do that now,bring in some young batters and give them a taste of international cricket.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 10:19
    Originally posted by boarman
    Yes although it was only against Bangladesh it was a tremendous effort.

Like i said before i really cant wait for the clash between Australia and SA,maybe this will live up to a great series ,cause past clashes have promised so much but the Proteas have failed to deliver.
    It will also be interesting to see who theussies have in their ranks .the South Afr ...[text shortened]... start to do that now,bring in some young batters and give them a taste of international cricket.
    Too bad the guys feel flat a bit there. I was hoping for the record 625 partnership by Sangakkara & Jayawadena and maybe one of the top innings totals, but the boys started throwing their wickets away.

Have you guys got a spinner now that Warne and Hogg are gone?
  4. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 10:32
    Too bad the guys feel flat a bit there. I was hoping for the record 625 partnership by Sangakkara & Jayawadena and maybe one of the top innings totals, but the boys started throwing their wickets away.

There are a couple of young blokes in Dan Cullen and Nathan Hauritz but we will never ever replace Warne.
  5. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 06:32

If you can stand voluntarily listening to Tony Greig he talks about the hunt for a spinner here:
    http://content-rsa.cricinfo.com/talk/content/current/multimedia/340733.html
    I couldn't.
  6. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 11:12
    VALE

Norm O'Neill has passed away at the age of 71

Played 42 tests for Australia,great batsman.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree