1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    did you know that in American football, if you touch an official you get sent to the locker room immediately? You no messin with officials in the US of A
    False.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:271 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Let's not forget also that most people here realize:

IT'S ONLY AN EFFING GAME!
    Come on Darv, you've never thrown a bag of piss or blood or even a "D" size battery at a player or ref on the ice?

I thought you were a TRUE FAN.

P-
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:27
    False.
    i seen it last year when i was following the broncos, a dude laid a hand on an official and he was off, you callin me a liar?
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:31
    i seen it last year when i was following the broncos, a dude laid a hand on an official and he was off, you callin me a liar?
    Nope. I'm saying that's not a rule in the NFL.

The rule is:

15 Yards and Automatic Disqualification
    Using a helmet (not worn) as a weapon.
    Striking or purposely shoving a game official.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:32
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Come on Darv, you've never thrown a bag of piss or blood or even a "D" size battery at a player or ref on the ice?

I thought you were a TRUE FAN.

P-
    At MLS games, we only throw streamers. And if it's a really bad call, someone might launch their beer at the ref. 🙂
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:36
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    I would rather not have the game brought to a halt every time a player appeals in a football match because that would slow the game down and make it as boring as... (you can't handle the truth)
    As boring as.... something you've never seen before??
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:362 edits
    Nope. I'm saying that's not a rule in the NFL.

The rule is:

15 Yards and Automatic Disqualification
    Using a helmet (not worn) as a weapon.

was this not what i stated, perhaps i was not explicit enough, here laying a hand on someone has the connotation of ill intent, as in pushing, shoving, slapping etc etc perhaps i was mistaken, but the dude went to the locker room and it presumed it was for hitting an official. In fact it was shown in the replay, which i did not imagine.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:38
    At MLS games, we only throw streamers. And if it's a really bad call, someone might launch their beer at the ref. 🙂
    My favorite is instant replay at a baseball game for a fan catching a foul ball.

There is a great one from Boston where the fan was minding his own business, missed the catch and for some reason a guy about 4 seats back threw his pizza at him. No one could figure out why.

Jerry Remmy, the guy who calls the games on NESN spent 3 minutes reviewing the film, slow motion... rewind... and doing color analysis on the whole thing. You can find it on youtube with the right search words when you've got access.

It's pretty funny... the poor guy missed the ball, and next he's got pizza sauce on his shoulder. He may have also spilled his beer.

Perhaps THAT is what pissed the fan off so much.

P-
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:402 edits

was this not what i stated, perhaps i was not explicit enough, here laying a hand on someone has the connotation of ill intent, as in pushing, shoving, slapping etc etc perhaps i was mistaken, but the dude went to the locker room and it presumed it was for hitting an official. In fact it was shown in the replay, which i did not imagine.
    You said "touch".

Are you allowed to push, slap or shove an official in FIFA rules?
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:41
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    My favorite is instant replay at a baseball game for a fan catching a foul ball.

There is a great one from Boston where the fan was minding his own business, missed the catch and for some reason a guy about 4 seats back threw his pizza at him. No one could figure out why.

Jerry Remmy, the guy who calls the games on NESN spent 3 minutes reviewing the ...[text shortened]... He may have also spilled his beer.

Perhaps THAT is what pissed the fan off so much.

P-
    That is one of my favourite clips as well. I love how the guy analyzes the situation but is nearly peeing from laughter at the same time.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:45
    You said "touch".

Are you allowed to push, slap or shove an official in FIFA rules?
    ok ok, i said touch, but what i meant was to shove, anyhow, i dont think you can harass and badger the referee like people do in soccer, as for the rules, who cares, we have the referee and the human element which takes care of any rules. 🙂
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:47
    OK, here is the clip:

I am stifling my laughter with tears in my eyes at the moment.

http://www.toxicjunction.com/get.asp?i=V2431
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:471 edit
    Hops tells THE TRUTH. Accountability is a whole world away from demands for groveling after every refereeing mistake.

Football refereeing is fine. It's funny how it's almost always the non-fans asking for changes...
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:511 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Hops tells THE TRUTH. Accountability is a whole world away from demands for groveling after every refereeing mistake.

Football refereeing is fine. It's funny how it's almost always the non-fans asking for changes...
    Funny how you assume we're non-fans.

It's also funny how you think us NONFANS want refs to grovel as you put it.

Football refereeing is fine, but it's not good by any stretch of the imagination.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 17:541 edit
    Funny how you assume we're non-fans.

It's also funny how you think us NONFANS want refs to grovel.

Football refereeing is fine, but it's not good by any stretch of the imagination.
    I don't assume anything, I interpret the views as I see it. sh76 seems to have a chip on his shoulder and is clearly on his high horse. If you can't see it, it's your problem.

And you have to be a pretty ignorant fan if you think FIFA ignores past refereeing mistakes when nominating referees so, again, accountability is different from demands for public apologies, regardless whether they'll be hypocritical or not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree