1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 23:36
    Originally posted by sh76
    To the extent that any sport can reasonably correct or curtail official error and fails to do so, it makes a mockery out of itself. People watch the game to see if their team can outperform the other, not whether their team will get the lucky side of an official's mistake.
    Soccer is a game played by billions, not just a watched sport played by a few.

As hopscotch says, FIFA don't want two tiers of football with different rules: elite football, and common man football.

While you may feel robbed (wouldn't Slovenia feel robbed if usa had scored from a free kick which wasn't really a free kick? ), in general, you get some luck to balance the hard luck.

D
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 23:40
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I stopped reading at a blind man with a guide dog. No point trying to be sensible with someone so prone for hyperbole.

I'm guessing it's still sour grapes after your exit, so you blame it on FIFA. Do you also think Platini did it?
    you're pathetic.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 00:34
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    The reason why FIFA doesn't want this is the same reason why they won't be using technology to make live decisions.

If you take only the top referees in the world, rather than the top referees by continent, then you will end up excluding many of the poorer nations. It's only an imperfect system in an imperfect world. FIFA does its best to treat every co ...[text shortened]... FIFA is all about the big picture, and if it is at the expense of the rich, then so be it.
    i know why and i know it's not going to change under blatter, doesn't mean i'm going to stop bitching about it.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 08:071 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Did your country just get robbed in a World Cup baseball match?
    Your country didn't get "robbed". If they had scored, then it would be from a non-existing free-kick. It was a make-up call and so it corrected the initial wrong. Sure, the ref wasn't perfect as he shouldn't have called the original free-kick in the first place but "robbery" implies intent to harm the US which clearly wasn't there.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 08:08
    Originally posted by trev33
    you're pathetic.
    I'll take that as a yes, then.
  6. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 14:24
    USA cheated again. He was clearly onside.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 14:26
    Oh, dear. 😵
  8. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 14:39
    It is kind of funny. I guess Americans find it as funny as eating chicken sushi. 😉
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 16:00
    Originally posted by Lundos
    USA cheated again. He was clearly onside.
    Yeah another horrible call. But what a finish by the USA!
  10. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 16:45
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Yeah another horrible call. But what a finish by the USA!
    Good finish. Terrible finishing...
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 21:41
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I'll take that as a yes, then.
    not this time chico.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree