Portugal:
    US
    Ivory Coast
    Brazil
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 16:13
    Trev33/Palynka,

I can't see what you're both grumbling about... whomever eventually wins the World Cup will have to have beaten the so called 'bigger' nations at some stage, whether that's in Round 1, or the semi-finals...

When Cardiff and Portsmouth got to the FA Cup Final, they'd both beaten 'bigger' teams to get there....

Stop your whinging the pair of you!

😉
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 16:26
    Originally posted by blade68
    Trev33/Palynka,

I can't see what you're both grumbling about... whomever eventually wins the World Cup will have to have beaten the so called 'bigger' nations at some stage, whether that's in Round 1, or the semi-finals...

When Cardiff and Portsmouth got to the FA Cup Final, they'd both beaten 'bigger' teams to get there....

Stop your whinging the pair of you!

😉
    You don't think it's unfair for the other African teams that they can't be paired with by far the easiest top seed (South Africa)?
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 16:31
    Originally posted by blade68
    Trev33/Palynka,

I can't see what you're both grumbling about...
    then don't comment on it.
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 16:32
    Originally posted by trev33
    then don't comment on it.
    I won't.

Cheerio
  6. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 10:361 edit
    I guess this is as good an opportunity as any to post a blatant promotion of my football blog...

Dexy's World Cup Draw Preview
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 10:45
    Originally posted by Chris
    I guess this is as good an opportunity as any to post a blatant promotion of my football blog...

[=http://www.dexysden.com/2009/12/dexys-2010-world-cup-draw-preview-part-1]Dexy's World Cup Draw Preview[/]
    Mmm... Someone's bitter about being eliminated by us in 2000, 2004 and 2006. 😀
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 10:49
    Lulz
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 00:18
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Mmm... Someone's bitter about being eliminated by us in 2000, 2004 and 2006. 😀
    i know, that's a bitter pill, he also harbours delusions that England shall also make the last four!
  10. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 03:31
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I'm just bitter we didn't make the cut to top seeds. 😛
    Yeah me too... NZ forever 🙄😵😉
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 13:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i know, that's a bitter pill, he also harbours delusions that England shall also make the last four!
    they might 😞
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 16:261 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    they might 😞
    please please please please please please please, no no no no no no no no no, it cannot be Trev, oh hell no, it cannot be. Surely Portugal shall do them, as can Germany, as can Spain, as can Argentina, as can Brazil, as can Holland, please please please please tell me its not true!
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 16:321 edit
    http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/12/world-cup-draw-preview.html

FYI, Pal: I thought you would appreciate that Nate thinks Portugal ought to have been in pot 1.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 16:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    please please please please please please please, no no no no no no no no no, it cannot be Trev, oh hell no, it cannot be. Surely Portugal shall do them, as can Germany, as can Spain, as can Argentina, as can Brazil, as can Holland, please please please please tell me its not true!
    i can't see them winning it but i can see them getting to the semis. for me if they play spain or brazil before then they'll get knocked out (as will any team who plays them, best two teams in the world by far at the moment... and i for one hope they both reach the final) england lack a quality goalkeeper and maybe a world class skriker to win the world cup but they have an excellent coach so it's possible to do well. i'm with you though i hope they (with france) get dumped out in the first round.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 17:281 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/12/world-cup-draw-preview.html

FYI, Pal: I thought you would appreciate that Nate thinks Portugal ought to have been in pot 1.
    Smart guy this Nate of yours. 😉

Seriously, I don't think we deserve to be there. I think that if you didn't top your qualifying group in Europe, then you don't deserve to be a favourite. At least, never if the team that finished top of your group is not a top seed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree