1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '09 23:321 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    other than ireland no big loses and no one that deserved a place by the way they have been playing lately. it's called a 'world cup' for a reason and we have our own european championship, which the majority of the teams you mention weren't involved in 2 years ago.
    Trev, how can you say that, there are many teams there of a higher calibre than those which remain in the tournament, for example Turkey, remember the match against Czech republic, one of the most exciting games of football ever! also Sweden, also Russia, also Croatia. it just makes it easier for duffers like England.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 01:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Trev, how can you say that, there are many teams there of a higher calibre than those which remain in the tournament, for example Turkey, remember the match against Czech republic, one of the most exciting games of football ever! also Sweden, also Russia, also Croatia. it just makes it easier for duffers like England.
    there's only two of the top 20 fifa ranked teams not going to s. africa. russia who were sloppy against slovenia and croatia who were beaten by england twice (once 5-1 or something) and clearly are not the team of 2 years ago. anyone else doesn't stand a chance of winning a world cup, if you aren't one of the best 13 teams in europe you can't be considered serious world cup contenders so other than ireland no one will miss any of the other european teams who didn't qualify and it only adds to the tournament to see a wide range of teams from all over the world regardless of if they have a chance of glory or not, getting there is good enough for them. new zealand first time at a world cup since 82, something similar for north korea... who would you rather see these two nations or another couple second rate european sides? like i said already there's a european championships for the top european side this is the world cup and every continent should be represented.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 01:20
    Originally posted by trev33
    there's only two of the top 20 fifa ranked teams not going to s. africa. russia who were sloppy against slovenia and croatia who were beaten by england twice (once 5-1 or something) and clearly are not the team of 2 years ago. anyone else doesn't stand a chance of winning a world cup, if you aren't one of the best 13 teams in europe you can't be considered se ...[text shortened]... for the top european side this is the world cup and every continent should be represented.
    i cannot believe the Czech republic are not going, they were awesome team.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 02:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i cannot believe the Czech republic are not going, they were awesome team.
    they where in n. ireland group and there were pants, all their good players are now to old or retired and have been replaced by crap. euro 2004 i think it was, holland vs the czechs, one of the best games i've ever seen. they have been one of my favorite sides in recent history, shame they've lost it though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree