1. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 16:03
    @very-rusty said
    When you beat a another team 13-0 you don't celebrate every goal like it was the first goal of the game! Showed bad sportsmanship on the U.S. part, many are in agreement to that was in bad taste.

-VR
    Why not?
    Usa team did nothing wrong ..geez just set a world record what would you prefer them to do...
    Dobt start me in that soft girlie pretend football you lot adore.
    You know the game i mean ...ten laps of honour for some fat guy wearing a crash helmet for doing a one yard gain..
    Usa will win tomorrow..i really hope they go mad celebrating
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 16:21
    @very-rusty said
    The Americans have a great womens soccer team, but their actions they have turned everyone against them. We know who everyone will be pulling for in the finals and it will not be the Americans. I wonder if they win, if they will get booed by the crowd?

-VR
    Check out their goals for vs goals against.
    Any American not rooting for them is either a bigot (Trump supporter), homophobe or just plain anti-American.
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 16:31
    @caissad4 said
    Check out their goals for vs goals against.
    Any American not rooting for them is either a bigot (Trump supporter), homophobe or just plain anti-American.
    Prediction: The USA will win honorably and they will treat Holland with due respect.

Again I'll say: Not every American behaves like a pompous ass.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 16:411 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    Prediction: The USA will win honorably and they will treat Holland with due respect.

Again I'll say: Not every American behaves like a pompous ass.
    Well lets hope if they win they will indeed treat Holland with respect, much better than they did the team they won 13-0 against.

Well, a lot of the Americans I have met have been pompous asses, not everyone mind you but many of them, my cousins in Boston included for example!!

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 22:162 edits
    @roma45 said
    Why not?
    Usa team did nothing wrong ..geez just set a world record what would you prefer them to do...
    Dobt start me in that soft girlie pretend football you lot adore.
    You know the game i mean ...ten laps of honour for some fat guy wearing a crash helmet for doing a one yard gain..
    Usa will win tomorrow..i really hope they go mad celebrating
    So long as they don't win by 13-0 and celebrate each goal like they did in that game, I'll be ok with it. Pulling for the other side of course.

Who said I adored football....Do you know the difference between football and soccer. Two different balls are used. I'd love to see you in a game of football "REAL FOOTBALL", you wouldn't be able to handle it. People who call it a girlie game don't know the first thing about it!!! I put you in that bunch of clowns.

If USA lose you will see the tears flowing!!!! Take that to the bank

-VR
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 22:44
    @Very-Rusty

To tell you the truth I do not undersyand why anyone cares about second rate athletics.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 22:49
    @caissad4 said
    You are the one who brought President Dump into the conversation.
    Yes because Rapinoe did! And I am not a soccer player in WC. She should know better than to do that.

We'll see what happens
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 22:56
    It all shakes out tomorrow. And I am playing a gal from Holland now who is really into the WC. I told her if Rapinoe is benched (she was benched v. England) I will cheer for team USA. Otherwise, pfffft.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 23:04
    @earl-of-trumps said
    It all shakes out tomorrow. And I am playing a gal from Holland now who is really into the WC. I told her if Rapinoe is benched (she was benched v. England) I will cheer for team USA. Otherwise, pfffft.
    She should be benched and have to drink tea!!!

-VR
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 02:05
    @very-rusty said
    She should be benched and have to drink tea!!!

-VR
    Nobody knows for sure why the benching, Rusty. Some said injury, some said her mouth rant. But if it really is an injury she may not play tomorrow.

Whatever. Let them play soccer because they sure can't play hockey lol
  11. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 09:29
    @very-rusty said
    So long as they don't win by 13-0 and celebrate each goal like they did in that game, I'll be ok with it. Pulling for the other side of course.

Who said I adored football....Do you know the difference between football and soccer. Two different balls are used. I'd love to see you in a game of football "REAL FOOTBALL", you wouldn't be able to handle it. People who call it ...[text shortened]... that bunch of clowns.

If USA lose you will see the tears flowing!!!! Take that to the bank

-VR
    Football or soccer
    Football is called and played every where in the world...only usa calls it soccer.
    American football was invented long after football was but just stole the popular name.
    My own thoughts ...american football was invented by over protective patents of useless kids...pad them up..even a crash helmet ..give them a long rest between actually having to run...is there a world cuo for american football?
    The celebrations american football players do are way over the top.
    Now the womens usa team set a world record in finals by winning 13-0...again are they only allowed to celebrate the first goal?
    Is the back lash because they are women or its football most played game in the world?
    I have played foitball the biggest insult another team can do is not to celebrate a goal..looking like its too easy.

Going to be close game today..usa should win but i wont be surprised if they dont.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 11:461 edit
    @roma45 said
    Football or soccer
    Football is called and played every where in the world...only usa calls it soccer.
    American football was invented long after football was but just stole the popular name.
    My own thoughts ...american football was invented by over protective patents of useless kids...pad them up..even a crash helmet ..give them a long rest between actually having to run...i ...[text shortened]... its too easy.

Going to be close game today..usa should win but i wont be surprised if they dont.
    What happened yesterday (England VS Sweden)?

Edit: Sokay...just heard.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 15:042 edits
    @roma45 said
    Football or soccer
    My own thoughts ...american football was invented by over protective patents of useless kids...pad them up..even a crash helmet ..give them a long rest between actually having to run...i ...[text shortened]... its too easy.

Thanks for the history on football and soccer.

We've always called the round ball soccer, and the one with points on each end a football, here in Canada, and I will continue to do so.

I will not be pulling for the USA in todays game! Game is being played now by the way.

-VR
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 15:22
    Ok, 16 minutes in, nil nil. we're off
  15. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 15:24
    20 mins into the final. USA hasn't made their usual flying start although they have tended to have more attacking plays. Maybe the Dutch have a chance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree