This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 13:48
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    They shouldn't be #1 either. It was like the Ohio State players weren't even on the field. They played like crap. I think Louisville is a far better team than Florida.
    Here we go again.

Florida defense gave up next to nothing, but not because they are good.

OTOH, OSU's terrific record is not due to their light schedule.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
  3. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 14:26
    They shouldn't be #1 either. It was like the Ohio State players weren't even on the field. They played like crap. I think Louisville is a far better team than Florida.
    Yeah, I'm sure Louisville would have blown out OSU like they did that other powerhouse Wake Forest.
  4. over there
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 12:09
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Here we go again.

Florida defense gave up next to nothing, but not because they are good.

OTOH, OSU's terrific record is not due to their light schedule.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
    Light schedule? Michigan, Texas, Penn State, the rest of the under-rated Big Ten.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 12:331 edit
    Originally posted by richfeet
    you are nuts people dont know how tough the big 10 is its s just as tough as the sec there is a reason that OHIO STATE AND MICHIGAN HAS TOP RANKED FOOTBALL PROGRAMS DECADE AFTER DECADE!!!!!!
    I hear ya and you are right the Big Ten is a tough conference but not in comparison to the SEC. If I am not mistaken, I think Ohio State has an 0-8 record against the SEC. As I have stated on another thread, I now see the Big Ten as inferior to the SEC. The best players in the nation I think simply like the nicer climates to go to school in such as Florida/California. If I had my choice, why would I want to come to Columbus verses Miami for example? Then you see both Michigan and Ohio State get humiliated on the field this year in their respective bowl games. ITS NO ACCIDENT that this occured. As much as it pains me I must admit to myself that the Big Ten is simply to SLOOOOOOOW.

Edit: I do not mean to imply that Ohio State could not beat any school in the SEC. What I am saying is that we are only going to see the best the SEC has to offer when we face them in a bowl game. Those teams will more than likely always win.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 00:25
    Light schedule? Michigan, Texas, Penn State, the rest of the under-rated Big Ten.
    Satire is simply lost on some folks.

Don't read any of my posts. They'll just confuse you.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 00:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    Edit: I do not mean to imply that Ohio State could not beat any school in the SEC. What I am saying is that we are only going to see the best the SEC has to offer when we face them in a bowl game. Those teams will more than likely always win.
    Half the teams in the SEC could give Ohio State a tough game, and Ohio State could beat any and all on any given day if they played with full intensity and out coached their opponent. Michigan, and perhaps Wisconsin in the Big-10 could give OSU a tough game. That's why folks say the SEC is tougher than the Big-10: more teams can compete with, not necessarily beat OSU.

Likewise, in the Pac-10: #8 and #9 took USC (#1) to the last second; #8 also beat #3 which beat #1, and both #8 and #9 beat #4 which beat #1.

There should be no question that Ohio State and Michigan were top tier teams, and title contenders. There is also no longer any question that a title game between the two would have been a disaster.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 20:16
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Half the teams in the SEC could give Ohio State a tough game, and Ohio State could beat any and all on any given day if they played with full intensity and out coached their opponent. Michigan, and perhaps Wisconsin in the Big-10 could give OSU a tough game. That's why folks say the SEC is tougher than the Big-10: more teams can compete with, [i]not necessar ...[text shortened]... re is also no longer any question that a title game between the two would have been a disaster.
    You are right in that OSU and Michigan are top tier teams. However, they for the most part are never part of the national championship picture and probably never will be. For example, I think placing OSU #2 is a joke after they way they played against Florida. There is no question in my mind that teams like USC should be ranked ahead of them and will 9 out of 10 times be able to beat the best Big Ten teams out there. As I said before, Big Ten schools who win the national championship are few and far between and will continue to be so. That is until they decide to increase their talent levels.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree