1. over there
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 19:59
    Originally posted by badmoon
    They aren't 2nd best. It wasn't about who are the top two teams. It was about the BCS not wanting a rematch....ie., ratings. 😠
    Agreed. It was also about money. They think that since people have already seen Michigan and OSU play, that they won't get as many watchers, which is stupid. The whole BCSA is messed up. Michigan doesn't get a title shot, LSU and Notre Dame both have 2 losses and are playing each other, while Wisconsin has only 1 loss and isn't even in a BCS game.

I agree with you that Florida isn't 2nd best. Ohio State will blow them out. It will be a boring game to watch.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 20:01
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Agreed. It was also about money. They think that since people have already seen Michigan and OSU play, that they won't get as many watchers, which is stupid. The whole BCSA is messed up. Michigan doesn't get a title shot, LSU and Notre Dame both have 2 losses and are playing each other, while Wisconsin has only 1 loss and isn't even in a BCS game.
    ...[text shortened]... at Florida isn't 2nd best. Ohio State will blow them out. It will be a boring game to watch.
    Michigan played on the road and kept the game within 3 points.

Florida will be lucky to keep it within 10! I can't wait to laugh at No1.

P-
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 20:08
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Big Ten is crap. If Michigan played Florida's schedule they would have lost at least 3 games. They could barely handle Ball State!

EDIT: Penn State plays Tennessee in the Outback Bowl and Wisconsin plays Arkansas in the CapitalOne. I'll be shocked if either of the Big Ten teams don't get blown out.
    There is an old gambling saying that goes something like this:

No one is right all of the time but some people are wrong all of the time.

You seem to be one of those people.

Professional gamblers are always on the look out for contra-indicators like yourself.

Please, please keep posting your predicitions. I intend to make a fortune betting against your calls.
  4. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 20:19
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I'm talking about the division, not BCS rankings.

Florida first in the south, followed by Tenn.

P-
    Yeah, but if Arkansas and LSU are in a same division as Florida, and they're 10-2, how did Tenn finished ahead of them with 9-3? Or are there seperate divisions within the SEC?

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm still not entirely sure how college football works.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 20:23
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Yeah, but if Arkansas and LSU are in a same division as Florida, and they're 10-2, how did Tenn finished ahead of them with 9-3? Or are there seperate divisions within the SEC?

Perhaps RN can answer this for us both, or No1. I'm pretty new to this also.

P-
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 20:46
    Originally posted by Red Night
    There is an old gambling saying that goes something like this:

No one is right all of the time but some people are wrong all of the time.

You seem to be one of those people.

Professional gamblers are always on the look out for contra-indicators like yourself.

Please, please keep posting your predicitions. I intend to make a fortune betting against your calls.
    Please post a single Big Ten quality win besides OSU's win over Texas (which didn't make the Big 12 title game) and Michigan's win over Notre Dame. Purdue which finished tied for 4th, lost to Hawaii of the "weak" WAC. You people don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you should have bet on how the Tigers were going to win the AL Central in August, genius.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 20:46
    Perhaps RN can answer this for us both, or No1. I'm pretty new to this also.

P-
    Obviously.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 20:50
    Obviously.
    Is Vegas, who gave Michigan a 6 1/2 advantage over Florida?

Hmmmmm?

P-
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 20:55
    Is Vegas, who gave Michigan a 6 1/2 advantage over Florida?

Hmmmmm?

P-
    What is the purpose of a point spread?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 21:01
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield

Here's the college football standings: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/standings

scroll down to the SEC and you'll see that Tennessee finished second in the SEC East behind Florida. The Vols lost three games, all to Top Ten teams: Florida, LSU and Arkansas. And they blasted California which finished tied for first in the PAC-10. Any of you Big Ten fans think Penn State will beat them in the Outback?
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 21:05
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    ...[text shortened]... at Florida isn't 2nd best. Ohio State will blow them out. It will be a boring game to watch.
    Only two teams from a conference are allowed in BCS games. Wisconsin doesn't deserve crap with the ridiculous out of conference schedule they played. Teams that can't even win their conference don't deserve a title shot. If you crybaby Big Ten fans don't like the fact that Michigan lost at OSU, get your weak sister conference to play a title game at a neutral site like most conferences do.

You can always watch Michigan getting hammered by USC in the Rose Bowl.
  12. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 21:07
    Here's the college football standings: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/standings

scroll down to the SEC and you'll see that Tennessee finished second in the SEC East behind Florida. The Vols lost three games, all to Top Ten teams: Florida, LSU and Arkansas. And they blasted California which finished tied for first in the PAC-10. Any of you Big Ten fans think Penn State will beat them in the Outback?
    Thanks.

Penn State will be demolished. There's no way the can match Tennessee. Even in their losses they lost to top-notch teams.

I'm not a big Big 10 fan. I only like Wisconsin cause that's where I live. But I have to admit that they'll get crushed by Arkansas. Arkansas is to fast and has to many options they can fall back on. They should have beaten Florida, but they gave away a free TD (along with the tempo) when they flubbed that punt.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 21:09
    What is the purpose of a point spread?
    It tells you who has an advantage, and how big that advantage is. Vegas says Michigan would win by at least 6, because they are a better team.

Point spreads are for entertainment purposes only, not for betting!

😉

P-
  14. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 21:10
    Only two teams from a conference are allowed in BCS games. Wisconsin doesn't deserve crap with the ridiculous out of conference schedule they played. Teams that can't even win their conference don't deserve a title shot. If you crybaby Big Ten fans don't like the fact that Michigan lost at OSU, get your weak sister conference to play a title game at a ne ...[text shortened]... ences do.

You can always watch Michigan getting hammered by USC in the Rose Bowl.
    I agree. They got teams like North Carolina, who won what, 2 games? At least with the top 10 finish, they should get a tougher schedule next year so we can see if they can really play in top 10 form against higher quality teams.

Can't wait to watch the Rose Bowl. Get to watch them lose again like a couple years ago when they lost to Texas. 😛
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 21:13
    It tells you who has an advantage, and how big that advantage is. Vegas says Michigan would win by at least 6, because they are a better team.

Point spreads are for entertainment purposes only, not for betting!

😉

P-
    Wrong. Point spreads are to get 50% of the bets on one side and 50% on the other. So they usually merely reflect what the bookies think the betting public believe. All that a 6 point spread in a hypothetical game is saying is that Vegas believes a 6 point spread would even out the bets of the suckers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree