1. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 16:32
    Originally posted by Palynka
    A lesson learned?
    Taking the piss! Cheeky Swede.

As an extra hope for the season - I'm still hoping that Roy Keane will reveal himself to be the most inept manager since David Platt.....
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 16:42
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    I'm still hoping that Roy Keane will reveal himself to be the most inept manager since David Platt.....
    Given what he did at Sunderland last season, that's highly unlikely.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 17:23
    Taking the piss! Cheeky Swede.

As an extra hope for the season - I'm still hoping that Roy Keane will reveal himself to be the most inept manager since David Platt.....
    On a more serious note, Bojinov has tons of talent. Like every youngster, he still needs development, but he's a great buy in my book.
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 18:57
    Originally posted by stoker
    not that american throwball. how do you think your team will do. MY team sunderland just praying we do better this time still have nightmares from our last prem outing.
    Do U think sunderland have brought enough top rated players to keep them in the prem league?

As for spurs.. i fear another frastrating season of near misses. Great forword line, decent defence, but not sure about the mid-field.

Does anyone know anything about this Botang guy?
  5. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 22:091 edit
    As a Newcastle fan it pains me to admit it, but I think Sunderland will do well this season. The set-up looks better than ever since Bob Murray departed, and I can see Keane doing really well. I think you'll work on adrenaline alone and fade away towards the end, but I don't see any reason why you can't get a secure lower mid-table finish this season and go on to better things next year.

As for us, I'm worried. I initially thought we might get fifth or sixth with the transition to the new regime, but good as developments are at St. James', they've been much better at Man City, and Spurs are already a top-five side and have spent a fortune on their squad; and of course Bolton, Portsmouth and West Ham have made the league more competitive than ever. I don't think we'll get better than sixth. Same old boring mafia at the top, I'm afraid.
  6. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    04 Aug '07 16:13
    What do you think about the former England manager showing the confidence in the former players he had to work with, and the league they came from, by buying lots of Johnny Foreigners from other leagues?
    I think that a lot of the players he had to work with simply weren't good enough, so some new blood was required...

I'm always concerned when a manager starts buying masses of players, especially foreign ones, as they take a long time to settle in..

One good thing with these players Sven has bought so far, are that they are generally proven quality players, and the majority are youngish as well........hopefully bodes well for the future...

It is noticeable that the younger players like Richards, Onouha, Ireland, Schmeichal, Sturridge and such have still been heavily involved wince Sven took over - in fact Richards, Onouha, Ireland ans Schmeichal all started against Valencia today....

Jury is out on the buys overall though - we'll just see how they get on......
  7. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    04 Aug '07 16:23
    Originally posted by Cityblue

Jury is out on the buys overall though - we'll just see how they get on......
    I think Sven's wondering as well... seeing as he's admitted in today's papers that he's never actually seen them play!!!

😉
  8. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Aug '07 19:05
    I think Man U will do crap with all those new world class signings to fit in, and only win about 2 trophys
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 17:50
    Toulouse, and my prediction is - Toulouse to lose!

edit: ho ho ho
    Woohoo! Yours truly is already miles ahead in the RHP footy prediction challenge 😵😵😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree