1. Wat?
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 03:14
    Phil Taylor has dominated world darts for eons, and is arguably the best player to have lived so far (Although Lewis or MGV might have something to say about that). However, at the beginning Taylor lost his title to Gary Anderson from Scotland, in a thrilling final which went all the way. It's well worth a watch if you like darts, less all the hype and silly score calling of course.

YouTube

-m.
  2. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jan '15 16:39
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Phil Taylor has dominated world darts for eons, and is arguably the best player to have lived so far (Although Lewis or MGV might have something to say about that). However, at the beginning Taylor lost his title to Gary Anderson from Scotland, in a thrilling final which went all the way. It's well worth a watch if you like darts, less all the hype and silly score calling of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf4TkbBMjjA

-m.
    Arguably?

🙄
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    18 Jan '15 08:36
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Arguably?

🙄
    Yeah ok! 😀

If I wrote he is the best ever so far, then maybe a few arguments would fly my way. I do however wonder if MGV is going to stuff Phil's record books though, or even Lewis? Phil started pretty late in serious competition. 😉
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 13:03

-m.
    I just wonder why there's not a women's league. Almost every other sport has a women's league.
  5. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 14:28
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Arguably?

🙄
    spot on
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 16:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I just wonder why there's not a women's league. Almost every other sport has a women's league.
    there is in europe, although they earn a lot less than the men.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 23:34
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    there is in europe, although they earn a lot less than the men.
    So what's new? Wage inequality for women is pretty much a fact of life.

I'm thinking more women than men consider sitting around the bar throwing darts all night to be a waste of time. 😉 But then again, that doesn't explain the huge popularity of amateur bowling leagues among women.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 06:01
    In sport it is but then mens sport is much more popular so understandable... except for tennis which should be equal.
  9. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 10:47
    Originally posted by Trev33
    In sport it is but then mens sport is much more popular so understandable... except for tennis which should be equal.
    only if the men and women played each other ,you would never see any women in the first 100
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 15:07
    If I wrote he is the best ever so far, then maybe a few arguments would fly my way. I do however wonder if MGV is going to stuff Phil's record books though, or even Lewis? Phil started pretty late in serious competition. 😉
    MGV? Do you mean MvG? If so... rather too early to tell yet, but probably not. Taylor's still throwing, it remains to be seen how long MvG lasts. Remember, some people thought Barney was going to oust Phil - he didn't.
  11. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Feb '15 20:262 edits

I'm thinking more women than men consider sitting around the bar throwing darts all night to be a waste of time. 😉 But then again, that doesn't explain the huge popularity of amateur bowling leagues among women.
    Actually, this is probably a bit unfair on darts. There are quite a few tournaments, including one of the world championships, where women can enter. As there is no obvious physical reason why men would have an advantage over women, they could compete for exactly the same prize money if they were good enough. However, as yet, no woman has made it past the preliminary rounds. The gap at the top level is huge at the moment.

I think, if women did get on a par with men at the top level, all tournaments would be open to men and women, and the viewing public would love it.
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Feb '15 20:30
    There are loads of women's leagues at grassroots level right up to professional world tournaments.
  13. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 02:36

-m.
    Mike, for the last time I will not play butt darts with you!
  14. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 02:40
    I have watched darts on TV. I saw Phil Taylor too. The crowds, especially the Irish ones, go crazy, especially when someone scores 180.

I have to admit, it's a little more entertaining than watching the best play chess online on sites like chess24.com.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree