1. London
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 18:24
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Mind you, lad has a point.

I'd rather be performed an tooth filling through the bum than watching the likes of Stoke vs. Wigan.
    I watch Dulwich Hamlet reguarly. You think you've got it bad!
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 18:46
    Originally posted by barstudd

Forest will be promoted to the boring premier league.
    It's true that the championship is far more open but the PL is a thousand times more exciting if your lucky enough to follow ManU, Liverpool or Chelsea!

As Liverpool are actually genuine title contenders this year their rivalry with the champions will be better then ever...nothing in the championship can compare to the rivalry between ManU and Liverpool!
  3. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 21:29
    The Premier league is far to predictable, only a very small chance for anyone else apart from Manu winning it.

thats not a competition
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 21:47
    The Championship is far more interesting, much less predictable.

and yet Nottm Forest are still specials to win promotion this season.

[b] All who agree say I
    [/b]
    Aye.
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 01:30
    Originally posted by spurs73
    u have goto be kidding me. Italian football is sorry boring! The legue is a joke- the 80s was its time- now the EPL and the Spainsh leagues rule
    Mourinho's words : "In the Premiership each season has a bunch of easy games against lower teams, in Serie A there are no easy games."

nuff said
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 06:37
    Originally posted by Freddie2008
    I watch Dulwich Hamlet reguarly. You think you've got it bad!
    Argh! 😕
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 07:33
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Mourinho's words : "in Serie A there are no easy games."

nuff said
    ..... because there are 20 odd very averages sides.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 09:041 edit
    That's a very risky generalization, Angry Boy.

Let's see why...

UEFA Champions League

Spain: 12 wins and 9 runners up
    Italy: 11 wins and 14 runners up
    England: 11 wins and 6 runners up
    Germany: 6 wins and 7 runners up

UEFA Cup

Italy: 9 wins and 6 runners up
    Germany: 6 wins and 8 runners up
    England: 6 wins and 4 runners up
    Spain: 5 wins and 4 runners up

The best Spanish and Italian teams do better than the English ones @ high-end European level. However, that's not the point here, but how not-so-top teams do against other EU teams. In that scenario, Italian and German teams do better than the English ones.

From the 6th place down Iís difficult to say because there is no "UEFA Losers Cup"... however, the variety of mid-table teams winning the UEFA Cup is greater in Italy and Spain than in England, which speaks about a tougher competition, i.e.

Italy: Juventus (3), Inter (3), Parma (2), Napoli (1), with runners up: Fiorentina, Roma, Torino, Lazio.
    Spain: Real Madrid (2), Sevilla (2), Valencia (1), with runners up Espanyol (2), Athletic Bilbao, Alavés.
    England: Liverpool (3), Tottenham (2), Ipswich (1) with runners up Wolverhampton, Arsenal and the Boro.
  9. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 12:061 edit
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    It's true that the championship is far more open but the PL is a thousand times more exciting if your lucky enough to follow ManU, Liverpool or Chelsea!

As Liverpool are actually genuine title contenders this year their rivalry with the champions will be better then ever...nothing in the championship can compare to the rivalry between ManU and Liverpool!
    Look ManU no doubt have the best players, all the money, and fantastic talented team to watch, etc etc etc.

but that doesnt help make the PL itself any better, The league is to predictable...take for an example the NRL in Australia has a salary cap on players and because of it the competition has a different winner every year.

Now thats a competition....The team that got the wooden spoon last year could be the winner next.
  10. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 22:56
    That's a very risky generalization, Angry Boy.

Let's see why...

UEFA Champions League

Spain: 12 wins and 9 runners up
    Italy: 11 wins and 14 runners up
    England: 11 wins and 6 runners up
    Germany: 6 wins and 7 runners up

UEFA Cup

Italy: 9 wins and 6 runners up
    Germany: 6 wins and 8 runners up
    England: 6 wins and 4 runners up
    Spain: 5 wins a ...[text shortened]... erpool (3), Tottenham (2), Ipswich (1) with runners up Wolverhampton, Arsenal and the Boro.
    Game, set, match.
  11. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 22:58
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    ..... because there are 20 odd very averages sides.
    Yeah, that must be the reason why Italy raised the very average World Cup four times, always beating very average sides 😳
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 00:29
    Mourinho's words : "In the Premiership each season has a bunch of easy games against lower teams, in Serie A there are no easy games."

nuff said
    you forgot the corruption in italian football- how many times in the last 30 years have we had teams getting fined/relegated to lower divisions now!
  13. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 00:46
    Yeah, that must be the reason why Italy raised the very average World Cup four times, always beating very average sides 😳
    Leaving the corruption talk and all out of it then Italian football is football, its the same game as the english football.
    Thats like Some rather shop for home brand products at the the market even though its still the same product as everything else on the shelf.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 17:04

The best Spanish and Italian teams do better than the English ones @ high-end European level.
    Yes that was when Italy had great teams but since all the corruption they no longer have great teams! The best team in Italy, Inter Milan are miles behind the top teams in England and Spain!

Italian football is the home of boreing 0-0's!
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 17:07
    The Premier league is far to predictable, only a very small chance for anyone else apart from Manu winning it.

thats not a competition
    I think you'd find a lot of Liverpool and Chelsea fans disagreeing with you their!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree