1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 18:24
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Will France be able to field a team for the match? What happens if they can't? Do SA win by default or will there be a replay?
    I am soooo glad that France is done.
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 21:29
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I am soooo glad that France is done.
    whats the story about the frence manager not shaking hands?
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 21:45
    Originally posted by spurs73
    He refused to shake because the South African coach once made a comment that France should not have qualified for the world cup.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 22:121 edit
    Not quite justice being done, as Ireland are not in the competition; but a truth revealed about the French arrogance and team culture.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 02:06
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Old fashioned French arrogance! They are a sorry bunch indeed. Did not deserve to be in WC. Soccer gods took care of things for Ireland! Domenech is a real piece of s....! France will not be missed one bit!
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 07:10
    :'( Bafana

I never realistically gave us a chance in that group that included teams ranked 9, 16 and 17, but we had hope that home ground advantage could lift us to do some magic...

We sure are can rue that ball that hit the woodwork against Mexico and then losing the plot in the last quarter against Uruguay.

At least our FIFA ranking should sky rocket...
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 10:53
    Originally posted by Crowley
    :'( Bafana

I never realistically gave us a chance in that group that included teams ranked 9, 16 and 17, but we had hope that home ground advantage could lift us to do some magic...

We sure are can rue that ball that hit the woodwork against Mexico and then losing the plot in the last quarter against Uruguay.

At least our FIFA ranking should sky rocket...
    RSA has nothing to hang their heads about. Plucky, spunky team playing lights out against better opposition. Were in the mix through the bitter end. I enjoyed watching them play and that first goal of the cup was marvellous indeed. Thus far a great cup, great host nation and great enthusiasm in the stand for visiting teams. Makes one want to make a trip and enjoy the country first hand! I thought RSA might make it when Mexico was unable to score, but that last almost-goal and the French solitary one spelled the end. A great game! Rankings are meaningless, but world respect has gone way up!
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 10:56
    Yep. It was a tough group and South Africa only missed out by a hair's breadth...
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 11:26
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Yep. It was a tough group and South Africa only missed out by a hair's breadth...
    You should have heard the vuvuzelas going after the first half hour. Crazy. I live in a small town, so the bigger cities must have been abuzz (lol).
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 16:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 16:571 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    May God have mercy on your soul. 😵

But I hope the mods won't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree