1. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 18:46
    Finally after fifteen attempts he won the only classic race missing in his unbelievable palmares : the Derby.

Congratulations to the most winning jockey in action nowadays, he really deserved it!

Oh yes, Authorized is a hell of a good horse but that's just like discovering hot water..........
  2. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 19:021 edit
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Finally after fifteen attempts he won the only classic race missing in his unbelievable palmares : the Derby.

Congratulations to the most winning jockey in action nowadays, he really deserved it!

Oh yes, Authorized is a hell of a good horse but that's just like discovering hot water..........
    Although we lost on it (as well as most races at Epsom today, I think almost every winner was well backed) it was a very impressive performance.
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 01:46
    Are you a bookie?
  4. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 06:05
    Are you a bookie?
    Where are you from in Italy? And why is your English so good?

Just curious.
  5. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 12:33
    Are you a bookie?
    A part time racecourse bookie (it's not my main source of income), strangely there was little money for the derby winner, it drifted from evens and touched 11/8 at the racecourse.
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 23:14
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    A part time racecourse bookie (it's not my main source of income), strangely there was little money for the derby winner, it drifted from evens and touched 11/8 at the racecourse.
    Down to the Market really? it didn't even offer value to the big race housewife flutter crew by race day. i did better on Aqualeem with an each way bet than i could have done on the nose with Frankie.
  7. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 01:30
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    Where are you from in Italy? And why is your English so good?

Just curious.
    I live in Abano Terme, near Padova.

You already asked it to me, by the way my english is decent because I used to read a lot of english/americas magazines, I've been in England on vacation for just some weeks twelve years ago.
  8. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 01:32
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Which are the racecourses you work at?

However 11/8 for Authorized was melt gold, on Betfair it was an honest 2.04 (a dirt even) when I bought some odds.
  9. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 01:33
    Originally posted by rhb
    Down to the Market really? it didn't even offer value to the big race housewife flutter crew by race day. i did better on Aqualeem with an each way bet than i could have done on the nose with Frankie.
    Yep, odds on Frankie weren't that remunerative, how much did it pay Aqaleem's place?
  10. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 13:341 edit
    Yep, odds on Frankie weren't that remunerative, how much did it pay Aqaleem's place?
    sp was 9/1 so place paid 2.25/1 - but not forgetting lost stake on the win half of the bet.
  11. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 01:25
    Originally posted by rhb
    sp was 9/1 so place paid 2.25/1 - but not forgetting lost stake on the win half of the bet.
    Yep, I forgot that bookies pay for the place 1/4 the winning odds.

Good bet any way.....
  12. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 08:47
    Yep, I forgot that bookies pay for the place 1/4 the winning odds.

Good bet any way.....
    Was reasonable value for the place - the win would've been better though (both for the bookies and myslef but not for Frankie!)
  13. Joined
    22 Oct '03
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 10:15
    It was surprising that the off course firms were happy to bet Evs on Authorised and 9/1 the next best in a race paying 1/4 a place....Did they think Authorised was sure of at least a place or was there nothing to choose between the rest of the field..........It will be interesting to see how the beaten horses fair in the future
  14. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 12:20

He cant win our Melbourne Cup
    Wait till our aussie horses race ,Watch Takeover Target and Bentley Biscuit.
  15. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 18:541 edit
    Originally posted by shrew
    It was surprising that the off course firms were happy to bet Evs on Authorised and 9/1 the next best in a race paying 1/4 a place....Did they think Authorised was sure of at least a place or was there nothing to choose between the rest of the field..........It will be interesting to see how the beaten horses fair in the future
    I'm not sure the 2nd fave was that far out at 9's - the horse that finished 2nd came into an SP of 6's from 14's.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree