1. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 19:181 edit
    Originally posted by boarman
    He cant win our Melbourne Cup
    Wait till our aussie horses race ,Watch Takeover Target and Bentley Biscuit.
    Who cares about the Melbourne Cup? He won the Derby, for Christ's sake!

It's like comparing a victory in the Premiership and a victory in the World Championship.
  2. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 19:231 edit
    Originally posted by rhb
    I'm not sure the 2nd fave was that far out at 9's - the horse that finished 2nd came into an SP of 6's from 14's.
    You are correct eagle mountian was returned the 6/1 2nd fav, but I would be suprised if it was 14/1 on the day? I think it was backed in from 9/1 generally (so possibly 10/1 in places on the course but unlikely on the betting shop show) Archipenko was 3rd fav at 13/2,
  3. Joined
    22 Oct '03
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 21:11
    Check out the Pricewise table in the Post
  4. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 07:22
    Originally posted by Ravello

It's like comparing a victory in the Premiership and a victory in the World Championship.
    Yeah the Derby being the premiership and the Melbourne Cup the World Championship.
  5. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 07:22
    Originally posted by Ravello

Are you also saying the Derby is your greatest horse race?
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 09:45
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    You are correct eagle mountian was returned the 6/1 2nd fav, but I would be suprised if it was 14/1 on the day? I think it was backed in from 9/1 generally (so possibly 10/1 in places on the course but unlikely on the betting shop show) Archipenko was 3rd fav at 13/2,
    It was when chatting to my old man yesterday he said about seeing it 14's early doors. I didn't look around as I knew where my money was going, so he may well have been spinning a yarn.
  7. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 02:10
    Originally posted by boarman
    Are you also saying the Derby is your greatest horse race?
    The English Derby is the greatest and most important race of the year for the horse racing establishment, there's no doubt about it.

Ask an owner if he'd like to win the Derby or the Melbourne Cup and he'll watch you like if you asked him the most silly of questions.

There's no comparison with other world wide races packed with money to attract horses from all over the globe, just like the Breeder's Cup, Dubai World Cup, Hong Kong Cup and Melbourne Cup................the race amongst races is the Epsom Derby.
    Period.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree