now he and Andy Roddick can break up everyone's Murray-Federer plans. 😀
    Word!
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 23:41
    Originally posted by RandyFlagg
    Word!
    That'd be funny if it happened. At the very least I hope Roddick gives Murray a run for the money.
  3. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    02 Jul '09 04:05
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    That'd be funny if it happened. At the very least I hope Roddick gives Murray a run for the money.
    Agreed, i'll be rooting for Roddick but i understand the reality that Murray is a better tennis player. I don't think anyone is gonna beat Roger tho, which is fine he is a class guy but i have had enough of Roger and Rafa winning everything.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '09 04:31
    Agreed, i'll be rooting for Roddick but i understand the reality that Murray is a better tennis player. I don't think anyone is gonna beat Roger tho, which is fine he is a class guy but i have had enough of Roger and Rafa winning everything.
    it's a sad state of affairs when the only real shock of the tournament (both men and woman) was that hass won yesterday, and anyone who follows tennis will know that it wasn't that much of a shock really. top 4 seeds in the womans draw in the last 4 and only hass breaking the top 4 trend in the mens (no nadal, no #1. plus del potro #5 on grass, give me a break)

yup, a VERY boring tournament.

can anyone really see past an all williams final?
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '09 21:58
    Originally posted by trev33
    it's a sad state of affairs when the only real shock of the tournament (both men and woman) was that hass won yesterday, and anyone who follows tennis will know that it wasn't that much of a shock really. top 4 seeds in the womans draw in the last 4 and only hass breaking the top 4 trend in the mens (no nadal, no #1. plus del potro #5 on grass, give me ...[text shortened]... reak)

yup, a VERY boring tournament.

can anyone really see past an all williams final?
    it was funny how Serena's match was tennis at it's best - a true classic where Dementieva brought her A game and had several chances to win it -- and then Venus's match was tennis at its worst because Safina must have sent in a stunt double to play for her.

the women's game needs Sharapova to get fully into shape, and it needs Clijsters and Henin to both return. Hopefully Dementieva can continue playing at the level she was at today.

Overall -- while the upsets can be fun, it's actually better when the best players reach the semifinals -- it sets up some great matchups -- Roddick vs Murray could be a classic -- and Haas has somehow raised his game to a new level at the advanced age of 31 and he was up 2 sets on Federer at the French Open before losing.
  6. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 23:03
    Awsome!
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 19:47
    Awsome!
    Roddick over Murray in 4! Shocker.
  8. Standard memberDer Bayer
    The Silver Hammer
    Moves
    06 Jul '09 00:56
    Federer vs. Roddick = amazing Wimbledon Championship final! Stellar play by both athletes.
  9. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '09 03:39
    Arrrgghhh!! Great match, but painful.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree