Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 06 Apr '08 18:44
    Well, looking forward to the coming european championship, there can just be one team that will make it and this will be germany, guys!
    Italy and france are good, indeed, but there's just one germany. although it sounds so unbelievable it seems as if they will really make it for the FOURTH time...
    so who do you think is gonna make it?
    i guess it won't be england again...
    ups, did i say "again"?
    :-P
    sorry, i love you englishmen
  2. Standard member Der Bayer
    The Silver Hammer
    06 Apr '08 22:41
    Deutschland will win
  3. 06 Apr '08 22:42
    Originally posted by Der Bayer
    Deutschland will win
    That'll make a nice change for you... '18, '45, '66..... (sorry! couldn't resist it!)

  4. 07 Apr '08 09:31
    Originally posted by Der Bayer
    Deutschland will win
    i shall be watching the cricket this summer
  5. 07 Apr '08 10:52
    Originally posted by blade68
    That'll make a nice change for you... '18, '45, '66..... (sorry! couldn't resist it!)

    how stupid is that? he's frustrated because england couldn't qualify, has nothin else to say and comes up with that stuuf
  6. 07 Apr '08 13:07
    Originally posted by blade68
    That'll make a nice change for you... '18, '45, '66..... (sorry! couldn't resist it!)

    Uh-oh!
  7. 07 Apr '08 15:52
    I know they tend to under achieve and are generally always fail to meet levels of expectations BUT this could be the year for Spain.

    In Torres they have one of the top strikers in the world and the brilliant David Villa up front. They have an embarrassment of riches in midfield and a decent goal keeper. Perhaps susceptible at the back but they are definitely worth a punt.

    Having said all this Greece showed what can be achieved with a cohesive unit not dependent on individual flair players!!
  8. 07 Apr '08 20:02
    Originally posted by Doyle78
    I know they tend to under achieve and are generally always fail to meet levels of expectations BUT this could be the year for Spain.

    In Torres they have one of the top strikers in the world and the brilliant David Villa up front. They have an embarrassment of riches in midfield and a decent goal keeper. Perhaps susceptible at the back but they are definit ...[text shortened]... ce showed what can be achieved with a cohesive unit not dependent on individual flair players!!
    Doyle.. i dont know how old you are mate, but ppl have been saying that about spain for the last 20 years.

    Well you never know THIS COULD BE THE YEAR
  9. 07 Apr '08 20:12
    Age is in the user name..I acknowledge that Spain the perennial under achievers!

    However, if Torres, Cesc etc. play to their potential they have do have a real chance, certainly better than germans.
  10. 07 Apr '08 21:09
    Originally posted by alive 69
    how stupid is that? he's frustrated because england couldn't qualify, has nothin else to say and comes up with that stuuf
    Oh I'm sorry... I forgot that German's don't have a sense of humour!

  11. 07 Apr '08 21:09
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Uh-oh!
    Granny's and chippy's come to mind!
  12. 07 Apr '08 22:05 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by blade68
    Oh I'm sorry... I forgot that German's don't have a sense of humour!

    O! my.............Basil Fawlty is alive and well...two gems on one debate
  13. 08 Apr '08 18:26
    Originally posted by spurs73
    O! my.............Basil Fawlty is alive and well...two gems on one debate
    Ahhh yes.... how I hanker for those un-pc days of the mid 70's with old Basil and 'Mind Your Language'!!!!
    The world was such a simpler place...

  14. 08 Apr '08 18:44
    Originally posted by blade68
    Ahhh yes.... how I hanker for those un-pc days of the mid 70's with old Basil and 'Mind Your Language'!!!!
    The world was such a simpler place...

    love tha neighbour?

    better stop..other wise i will start on the 70s football, then 70s tv etc..etc... most ppl on this site were not even born then... and the
    A-MAY-RIC-AN'S have no idea what we talk about anyway!!
  15. 08 Apr '08 18:50
    Originally posted by spurs73
    love tha neighbour?

    better stop..other wise i will start on the 70s football, then 70s tv etc..etc... most ppl on this site were not even born then... and the
    A-MAY-RIC-AN'S have no idea what we talk about anyway!!
    Happy days!

    I feel like a Grumpy Old Man don't you?