1. New Jersy
    Joined
    05 Dec '09
    Moves
    1458
    04 Jul '10 16:20
    WHAT WAS ARGENTINA DOUING THEY PLAYED AS BAD AS NORTH KOREA IN THE GROUP STAGE
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    3298
    04 Jul '10 20:59
    Originally posted by chadler
    WHAT WAS ARGENTINA DOUING THEY PLAYED AS BAD AS NORTH KOREA IN THE GROUP STAGE
    Perhaps a little more modesty might suit Argentina better.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    04 Jul '10 21:50
    Originally posted by bill718
    Perhaps a little more modesty might suit Argentina better.
    You got that right. They needed a lesson in humility, especially their coach. Thought they had it in the bad didn't they!
  4. SubscriberHelder Octavio
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    59998
    05 Jul '10 19:23
    Brazilian joke about platinum arrogance:

    Messi is the best player in the world and one of the best players in Argentina... 😉
  5. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    3130
    05 Jul '10 21:04
    I like the joke, as much as I like New world nations to advance, Argentina thought it could expect a World Cup victory with Maradona coaching. Against Mexico, Argentina got a freeby offsides miss-call and completely discounted the grave error of Mexico's coach to let Osorio keep playing and Osorio passing it to Argentina in front of goal. That should have been a 1-1 game or at best 2-1 again Mexico. That was with ancient elderly players in Mexico playing in place of its talented youth. Argentina should not have been so hyped about that, Mexico should have played riskier in terms of playing its youth.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    05 Jul '10 21:47
    Originally posted by eljefejesus
    I like the joke, as much as I like New world nations to advance, Argentina thought it could expect a World Cup victory with Maradona coaching. Against Mexico, Argentina got a freeby offsides miss-call and completely discounted the grave error of Mexico's coach to let Osorio keep playing and Osorio passing it to Argentina in front of goal. That should ha ...[text shortened]... have been so hyped about that, Mexico should have played riskier in terms of playing its youth.
    NO argument there. Until Mexico sacks the likes of its aged dinosaurs they will never advance past quarters. Consistently gt out of group play, but they need a better push from their youth indeed.
  7. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    3130
    07 Jul '10 05:00
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    NO argument there. Until Mexico sacks the likes of its aged dinosaurs they will never advance past quarters. Consistently gt out of group play, but they need a better push from their youth indeed.
    Especially this Golden Generation of players, how often do you get a Dos Santos, Vela, Chicharito, and Hector Moreno at the same time. Even though Conejo was 37 I gave Aguirre the benefit of the doubt since experience often pulls throgh in so many tight spots like voter turnout for elections and even sports like NBA finals, but there was SUCH a talent gap in Mexico with the new kids that it was becoming glaring as the days wore on. I also give Aguirre credit for giving Chicharito a chance to play in the friendlies, then getting selected, then getting playing time, and finally starting against Argentina (with good results!)
Back to Top