1. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 16:21
    I love dutch football. I have great respect for countries that praise the beautiful game. Germany defeating Netherlands in 1974 is one of the greatest injustice of this game. But football is not a fair sport and it's absolutelly stupid to believe the winner is always the best team. I've always wanted Netherlands to win a Cup, and I still want, BUT not this one. Germany gotta win! Everyone that loves football played at it best should be rooting for Germany. Actually, it's the first time ever I'm actually enjoying watching a German team playing.

If Germany lose this Cup, it will be another great injustice of the World Cups. Like Brazil in 1950, Hungary in 1954, Netherlands in 1974 and Brazil in 1982.
  2. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 16:22
    But if Germany loses in the semi, than I'll root for Netherlands against Spain.
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 16:24
    Originally posted by trev33
    does anyone really care about the result of this match as long as holland beat the winner in the final? 😏
    this may be one of the most exciting matches of the tournament, so far

or germany may roll over spain
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 17:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what's 'the craic', on this one trev, too close to call? they were saying if Spain get an early goal, they may hold the ball and Germany, because they are a young team might implode, as did Brazil against Holland. i doubt this because Germany have a system, if you watch them, the back four keep a very tight line, as do the four midfielders and Germany are not south American, they have a very different temperament to their play.
    germany won't implode, even they go 2 down (which i doubt they will) they'll keep fighting. the muller loss might be key, he's been a different class but saying that if i had to pick the winner i'd say germany, simply for the fact that spain haven't played one decent match yet. they've got too many key players under performing, only villa is in top form. everyone is in good form for germany and i'm sure they'll be looking for a bit of revenge after euro 2008. without muller though i kind of fancy a 0-0 or 1-1 draw and pens, which means a germany win.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 17:08
    Originally posted by Red Night

Appears Las Vegas has Germany as an ever so slight favorite.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 17:08
    Originally posted by Red Night

it wouldn't be hard to be the most exciting match of the tournament so far...
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 17:231 edit
    does anyone really care about the result of this match as long as holland beat the winner in the final? 😏
    I care- Spain have been boring all tournament.
    The Germans have played some great games- it will be wonderfull to see them lift the trophy on sunday.

germany v Holland will also be a re-run of the 1974 final- the 1st world cup i ever watched
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 17:24
    germany won't implode, even they go 2 down (which i doubt they will) they'll keep fighting. the muller loss might be key, he's been a different class but saying that if i had to pick the winner i'd say germany, simply for the fact that spain haven't played one decent match yet. they've got too many key players under performing, only villa is in top form. ever ...[text shortened]... out muller though i kind of fancy a 0-0 or 1-1 draw and pens, which means a germany win.
    its good my son, vewy vewy good!
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 17:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its good my son, vewy vewy good!
    Why, I have no idea... but "vewy vewy good!" style of speech still causes an audible laugh.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 18:01
    Deutschland uber alles.
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 18:22
    Yes and I want Germany to go on and completely crush the Nederlands.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 19:21
    germany won't implode, even they go 2 down (which i doubt they will) they'll keep fighting. the muller loss might be key, he's been a different class but saying that if i had to pick the winner i'd say germany, simply for the fact that spain haven't played one decent match yet. they've got too many key players under performing, only villa is in top form. ever ...[text shortened]... out muller though i kind of fancy a 0-0 or 1-1 draw and pens, which means a germany win.
    i should be getting paid for this gold.
  13. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 19:491 edit
    i should be getting paid for this gold.
    Still 30 mins left. I reckon we'll see at least one goal now the pace of the game has picked up.
  14. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 20:21
    Spain in the final. Very well deserved. Surprisingly (to me) they completely outplayed Germany!
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 20:29
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Still 30 mins left. I reckon we'll see at least one goal now the pace of the game has picked up.
    from a german sleeping set piece 😞

look now much better spain played without torres though, especially in the second half, maybe that was the plan all alon 😡

germany really missed muller though, 4 goals scored, 3 created... shame that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree