1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 04:00
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    ......generally though it'd be nice to see the team playing a high tempo game - that's when England have always looked capable of beating good teams - we cannot beat the top teams playing a slow technique based game[/b]
    I agree... we should stick to what we do best - 100mph football, getting stuck in, rattling 'em, get the ball out to the wide men to supply the ammo for a big brave centre-forward..... where exactly did Bob Latchford go?

😀
  2. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 07:05
    There's not the same prestige for national games anymore.
    Players would much rather be playing a group stage Champions League match for their club side than a Euro qualifier for England.
    National games just aren't where the player's interests lie - look at players nearing the end of their careers like Paul Scholes, Alan Shearer - they stopped playing pointless international games so they could extend their club careers.
  3. Joined
    25 Jul '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 16:22
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    There's not the same prestige for national games anymore.
    Players would much rather be playing a group stage Champions League match for their club side than a Euro qualifier for England.
    National games just aren't where the player's interests lie - look at players nearing the end of their careers like Paul Scholes, Alan Shearer - they stopped playing pointless international games so they could extend their club careers.
    sam aladice
  4. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 21:59
    Originally posted by sansung
    sam aladice
    eh?
  5. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 22:07

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 08:41
    do you mean Sam is the man to restore national pride amongst the players..its a fair point if so
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 08:53
    Originally posted by smartrrrrs
    do you mean Sam is the man to restore national pride amongst the players..its a fair point if so
    He may be able to help them pocket a few extra notes on the side too!
  8. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 09:03
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    He may be able to help them pocket a few extra notes on the side too!
    surely not ..the international suits are pocketless
  9. Joined
    25 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 16:26
    hi is the best manager fir the job.
    with strewart pearce at under 21,
    and peter taylor at youth lewel.
  10. LA
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 17:13
    Originally posted by sansung
    hi is the best manager fir the job.
    with strewart pearce at under 21,
    and peter taylor at youth lewel.
    No Way.

Arsene Wenger could turn England into the wold force we should be.
  11. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 17:36
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    No Way.

Arsene Wenger could turn England into the wold force we should be.
    How much money to get Wenger to manage England? Now Dein is out of the way maybe it could happen! Surely its worth it, I can't bear watching Mc Donuts teams.
  12. LA
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 17:39
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    How much money to get Wenger to manage England? Now Dein is out of the way maybe it could happen! Surely its worth it, I can't bear watching Mc Donuts teams.
    Whatever it costs it would be worth it.
    He could turn England into a real force, there are rumours this may happen.
  13. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 17:52
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Whatever it costs it would be worth it.
    He could turn England into a real force, there are rumours this may happen.
    I agree. It makes me laugh when the press moan about the millions we pay. I only mind the fact that we pay all that money to an also ran.
  14. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 23:53
    we are talkin about england yeh, how about an english manager or at least british
  15. LA
    Moves
    28 Apr '07 15:432 edits
    we are talkin about england yeh, how about an english manager or at least british
    To be honest I would favour an English manager but......

Wenger's knowledge of the English game and players can only be rivaled by Sir Alex.

Additionally Wenger is a manager who has proven consistently that he can put a great team together without big money, he always balances the books and has been able to compete at the highest level against managers with much larger financial budgest for players.

So he would appear to be a perfect candidate for the England Managers position.
    He knows English players, and their strengths, he doesn't buy sucess (he develops it) and has been sucessful at the highest levels.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree