1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 03:33
    Well things didn't go my way, but that was a great game to watch.... Go Saints!
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 03:37
    I'm in mysery. Turnovers killed them. But I'll root for the Saints...and hope that Favre comes back next season.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 04:18
    wow that was some game!
  4. Standard memberScotty70
    Maddog1213
    Central Office
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 04:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wow that was some game!
    I would like the Saints to win, but they can't be sloppy with the ball in the SB. Manning would absolutely kill them.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 04:33
    Originally posted by Scotty70
    I would like the Saints to win, but they can't be sloppy with the ball in the SB. Manning would absolutely kill them.
    Saints won it because of miscues. If they play the Colts the way they did the Vikes there's no way they win! Hope Farvre comes back next season to nnot go out on two reteiremtns after costly INT's! The guy's a real warrior, however!
  6. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 06:08
    The collective tenacity of both teams to keep battling their hardest after so many friggin turnovers amazed me.
  7. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 10:28
    the referees gave the saints the game. If you believe in conspiracy theories the way this game went should really get you pissed off. The Vikings didn't help any with the 12 men in the huddle followed by a senseless pick that has plagued Favre's entire career. Then there was a cascade of terrible calls that ended with one of the worst I've seen when they ruled Meachem's catch at the 22 a completion. the ball bobbled and clearly touched the ground. definition incomplete. Then there was the low hit on Favre (the one that sent him to the sidelines temporarily) that wasn't called. Being a Colts fan, I couldn't have cared either way who won. but to see the better team have the game stripped by the zebras like that ticks me off. The good news is that it won't matter how the NFC championship game turned out because Peyton Manning's gonna get his second ring!
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 12:46
    Originally posted by Big Orange Country
    the referees gave the saints the game. If you believe in conspiracy theories the way this game went should really get you pissed off. The Vikings didn't help any with the 12 men in the huddle followed by a senseless pick that has plagued Favre's entire career. Then there was a cascade of terrible calls that ended with one of the worst I've seen w ...[text shortened]... the NFC championship game turned out because Peyton Manning's gonna get his second ring!
    A pinky ring for the runner up. Vikes did not get robbed. They had it in their hands to win and failed to capitalize on the Saints' miscues. If Farvre runs instead of passing on his last play we would have had a different outcome. Great game and glad I taped it to watch again!
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 13:26
    After watching the game, it would appear to me that the Vikings were the better team. However, with something like 10 turn overs later they just barely lost. I fully expect the Colts to prevail in the Super Bowl.
  10. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 16:20
    I agree that the Vikes are the better team and would beat the Aints 5 out of 7. they should've won by 17 pts or better.

I changed my mind - Go Colts Go! Beat the tar out of these freaking imposters.
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 17:37
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    A pinky ring for the runner up. Vikes did not get robbed. They had it in their hands to win and failed to capitalize on the Saints' miscues. If Farvre runs instead of passing on his last play we would have had a different outcome. Great game and glad I taped it to watch again!
    Here is where I am a better coach. after the 12 man on the field penalty, with favres ankle hurt.
    I pull him for that play where favre throws the pick, and replace him with Tarvaris Jackson. He can run, and is pretty big.

Lol, in my dreams hey?
  12. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 18:50
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Here is where I am a better coach. after the 12 man on the field penalty, with favres ankle hurt.
    I pull him for that play where favre throws the pick, and replace him with Tarvaris Jackson. He can run, and is pretty big.

Lol, in my dreams hey?
    actually props coach, as that would be the best decision.
    Here's the funny part: the only, and I mean ONLY reason the Vikes would have left Favre in on that play would be this: he is a veteran, and Childress expected Favre to make a better decision with the ball than Jackson. Go Figure, eh?!
  13. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 22:08
    actually props coach, as that would be the best decision.
    Here's the funny part: the only, and I mean ONLY reason the Vikes would have left Favre in on that play would be this: he is a veteran, and Childress expected Favre to make a better decision with the ball than Jackson. Go Figure, eh?!
    Lol, I have a picture of Brett, with Holmgren yelling right in to his face mask from 4 inches away.
    He gets so competative, it may also have been a good time for a time out, to settle him down a tad bit.
    I love any QB that throws blocks at 40 years old!
    man they were hitting him hard..
  14. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 02:56
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Lol, I have a picture of Brett, with Holmgren yelling right in to his face mask from 4 inches away.
    He gets so competative, it may also have been a good time for a time out, to settle him down a tad bit.
    I love any QB that throws blocks at 40 years old!
    man they were hitting him hard..
    perhaps, but if i recall the vikes were down to one timeout, and needed to save that for a field goal shot in case the play ended in the field of play.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 12:40
    perhaps, but if i recall the vikes were down to one timeout, and needed to save that for a field goal shot in case the play ended in the field of play.
    Bad play calling at the end, bad clock management, silly foul. Gotta play for 60 minutes or a series of small screwups become mammoth blunders. Childress should have known better.

Saints won't make same mistakes. Payton is a better coach than Childress. So far Caldwell has not been tested. We'll see if he wilts under pressure like Childress did.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree