1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 19:041 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Eli Manning was born and grew up in New Orleans and went to school at Ole Miss. Their entire family has southern roots, through and through.

If Eli Manning has a character flaw or isn't classy, it isn't New York's fault.
    Whoa, there my fine feathered friend from NYC. Who said Eli Manning was not classy? Eli is an upstanding guy. I am talking about the press of your great city dissing Manning, not Manning dissing anyone. Why would the NYC press behave so poorly towards the one athlete who behaves well, as most of the Giants do? perhaps it is Mannings southern roots which made him stay instead of throwing the usual NYC tantrum!
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 02:00
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Beating Green Bay on the road seems unlikely to me after such a pathetic collapse. We may be headed for a repeat of 2009.
    The Giants embarrass themselves in Green Bay as I feared. The entire squad stunk it up; 6 turnovers courtesy of the offense and the defense gives up over 500 yards the first time a Giant defense had allowed that many yards in 30 years. Coughlin has to be a goner.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 02:45
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Whoa, there my fine feathered friend from NYC. Who said Eli Manning was not classy? Eli is an upstanding guy. I am talking about the press of your great city dissing Manning, not Manning dissing anyone. Why would the NYC press behave so poorly towards the one athlete who behaves well, as most of the Giants do? perhaps it is Mannings southern roots which made him stay instead of throwing the usual NYC tantrum!
    Manning is awesome, i often wondered what a southern gentlemen is doing playing for them Yankees!
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 03:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Manning is awesome, i often wondered what a southern gentlemen is doing playing for them Yankees!
    There is a reason why college calls it recruiting and the NFL calls it the NFL Draft.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 13:50
    Originally posted by gambit3
    There is a reason why college calls it recruiting and the NFL calls it the NFL Draft.
    mmm, its rather cryptic, anyone explain this to me? i was never any good at cryptic crosswords 🙂
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 14:29
    mmm, its rather cryptic, anyone explain this to me? i was never any good at cryptic crosswords 🙂
    Somewhat misleadingly gambit3 means you don't pick where you play. However, Manning was drafted by San Diego and Mannning forced the trade to NYG similar to what a predecessor of his did when drafted by Colts then forcing a rade to Denver (Elway). Thus a southern gentleman like Manning became a Yankee boy where he is loved and respected so much no one shows up for his press conferences!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 15:25
    Somewhat misleadingly gambit3 means you don't pick where you play. However, Manning was drafted by San Diego and Mannning forced the trade to NYG similar to what a predecessor of his did when drafted by Colts then forcing a rade to Denver (Elway). Thus a southern gentleman like Manning became a Yankee boy where he is loved and respected so much no one shows up for his press conferences!
    I really like Manning, hes quite a humble dude for being the quarterback of a huge team like the New York Giants. My goodness i just found out that hes the younger brother of Peyton Manning!
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 16:01
    I really like Manning, hes quite a humble dude for being the quarterback of a huge team like the New York Giants. My goodness i just found out that hes the younger brother of Peyton Manning!
    They're the children of former NFL great Archie Manning QB of the then New Orleans Ain'ts
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 16:37
    They're the children of former NFL great Archie Manning QB of the then New Orleans Ain'ts
    And the Houston Oilers

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree