Let's hear it.
  2. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    08 Nov '08 07:12
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    Let's hear it.
    Ok, who cares? You heard it here first!!
  3. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    09 Nov '08 02:41
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Ok, who cares? You heard it here first!!
    When the fish ever get close to being a signifficant. competitor again, then and only then you will be allowed to voice an opinion on this subject.
  4. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    09 Nov '08 04:45
    I'm an Eagles fan and inveterate homer, but even I'm not sure why the birds are 3pt favorites in this game.

Not to say we can't win this one. When I sit down, beer in hand to watch tomorrow night, I'll certainly be looking for a win. I just think the G-men are a shade better right now and the line should probably be a pick.

Anyway, whoever wins, I expect it to be a close one. Should be a good, NFC East style, ballgame.
  5. Joined
    19 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Nov '08 10:51
    There's a fairly good discussion by Ted Sundquist, former Bronco's GM that sheds good light why Philly may be in the same class as the NYG, from Nov 7 on PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/
  6. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    09 Nov '08 13:17
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    When the fish ever get close to being a signifficant. competitor again, then and only then you will be allowed to voice an opinion on this subject.
    NEWS FLASH! The Fish are a significant competitor again. Just ask the Chargers, Patriots, Bills and Broncos. They probably won't make the playoffs this year but they are competitive. Their offense is rated number 3 overall in the AFC and they have the fourth ranked rushing defense. They need to improve the secondary and their wideouts in the offseason and they will be making a run at the playoffs.

How close did you want them to be?😛
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '08 13:30
    Originally posted by Ichibanov
    When I sit down, beer in hand to watch
    what sort of beer? carlsberg export always hits the spot for me watching a football game, do you have that over their in the states? i can't remember ever seeing it or regular carsberg just a bunch of light beers.....did you know you can only get heineken lite in the states its not made for anywhere else 🙄
  8. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    09 Nov '08 15:52
    Depends on the location, really. At home, usually Yuengling. It's the Budweiser of Philadelphia 🙂. Sometimes I have Victory in the house, which is another local brewery.

At a bar, I usually try whatever dark beer they may have on tap. I'm also partial to Belgians.

At my friends house, it's generally either Newcastle Brown Ale or Old Speckled Hen in deference to his English roots.

I can't say I'm exactly a connoisseur. Don't care for most of the big-name American beers (Bud, Miller, Coors), but most other beer is fine by me.

I'm pretty sure we get Carlsburg here in the states. I've definitely seen it in the beer distributor near my house. Next time I see it, I'll have give it a try.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '08 16:11
    Depends on the location, really. At home, usually Yuengling. It's the Budweiser of Philadelphia 🙂. Sometimes I have Victory in the house, which is another local brewery.

At a bar, I usually try whatever dark beer they may have on tap. I'm also partial to Belgians.

At my friends house, it's generally either Newcastle Brown Ale or Old Speckled Hen in ...[text shortened]... it in the beer distributor near my house. Next time I see it, I'll have give it a try.
    its only worth buying ifs its export normal carlsberg is as bad as coors.

you really can't beat a dutch or belgian beer though.

you most like guinness? that and bulmers (magners outside ireland) is all i drink in a bar.....when to a hockey game in denver a couple of weeks ago they only had coors on tap plus it was about $7 i nearly died.
  10. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    09 Nov '08 18:51
    Oh yes, I definitely enjoy Guinness. When I'm in a bar that has it, I usually have a pint or two.

Thanks for the advice on the Carlsberg. I'm sure it's the Coors variety I've seen at the distributors. There are a few bars hereabouts that might carry it as an import though, so there's still hope.
  11. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    10 Nov '08 03:05

At my friends house, it's generally either Newcastle Brown Ale or Old Speckled Hen in ...[text shortened]... it in the beer distributor near my house. Next time I see it, I'll have give it a try.
    It amazing how many times I asked for a lager when away from philly and the bartender looks at me like I'm crazy, it's just a habit to ask for it. Yuengling is definitely the beer of philadelphia.

At the half it's a good game. McNabb had his thumb up his butt for most of it, but the defense saved them as usual.
  12. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    10 Nov '08 05:48
    Arrrg! Tough way to spend a Sunday night. I have no idea how we were only down 3 at the half. It got exciting near the end, but the final score reflected the game. The Giants just ran the ball at will. Their time of possession must have been huge. That combined with another slow start by five and some pivotal challenge calls sealed the deal.

Unless the Giants stumble, the division is theirs. And the Eagles probably need to run the table to get a wildcard. Considering their remaining schedule, that seems pretty unlikely.

Ah well...at least the Phillies won.
  13. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    10 Nov '08 10:44
    Arrrg! Tough way to spend a Sunday night. I have no idea how we were only down 3 at the half. It got exciting near the end, but the final score reflected the game. The Giants just ran the ball at will. Their time of possession must have been huge. That combined with another slow start by five and some pivotal challenge calls sealed the deal.

Unless the ...[text shortened]... ng their remaining schedule, that seems pretty unlikely.

Ah well...at least the Phillies won.
    We musn't forget about the Foreskins..

they could possibly be a formidable force in December
  14. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    10 Nov '08 10:45
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    NEWS FLASH! The Fish are a significant competitor again. Just ask the Chargers, Patriots, Bills and Broncos. They probably won't make the playoffs this year but they are competitive. Their offense is rated number 3 overall in the AFC and they have the fourth ranked rushing defense. They need to improve the secondary and their wideouts in the offseason and they will be making a run at the playoffs.

How close did you want them to be?😛
    Good, Great post chas.. spot on.
  15. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    10 Nov '08 14:361 edit
    I was at the game last night, and the score did not do the game justice. The Eagles were man-handled on both lines. Samuel was terrible. And Reid did his usual spectacular coaching job.

On the plus side, the Linc is a great place to see a game, tail-gaiting is always a blast, and I actually sat next to a set of decent Giants fans. I know! It was like finding unicorns. You don't think they exist until you actually meet one. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree