1. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 19:51
    Poor bloke. But as much as I sympathize, we surely can't afford to be charitable for another season of this...
  2. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 19:59
    Charitable you say?!!!!

You can afford too keep MO on the payrole this season, surely you can afford to keep a second rate manager at the club aswell 😉
  3. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 21:32
    I swear, much more of this and they're going to run into difficulties with season tickets for the first time in an Ice Age - and some of Roeder's excuses are starting to sound like Souness's in his final season.

This season has been so predictable: major injuries to critical players who recover just before the end of the season so England can wreck them again? Check. Early promise replaced by mid-table mediocrity and keystone cop defending? Check. Players who just can't be bothered? Check. Titus Bramble? Dear Lord, check. The pattern is so ingrained even the die-hards are losing the will to live.
  4. Swansea
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 23:24
    Newcastle need to be careful with their signings for next season, make sure they're players that don't get injured that often when you send the scouts to watch them, make sure they can actually play football and also make sure they can play half decent 😉
  5. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    15 Apr '07 08:412 edits
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    I swear, much more of this and they're going to run into difficulties with season tickets for the first time in an Ice Age - and some of Roeder's excuses are starting to sound like Souness's in his final season.

This season has been so predictable: major injuries to critical players who recover just before the end of the season so England can wreck them ear Lord, check. The pattern is so ingrained even the die-hards are losing the will to live.
    Almost every season for the last 10 years or so, i've looked at your squad and think "Corr, not bad at all, they've got a real chance of a top 4 place"
    And at the end of every season i chuckle and think "yep, what do i know about football" 😛

I've never figured out why Newcastle finish mid table some years, it's really quite baffling...

Good luck for next season......

P.S. I just read on the BBC Sport gossip page that Manure may make a bid for MO if he can show good fitness and stay imjury free until the end of the seasom 😕
  6. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    15 Apr '07 15:33
    Originally posted by millerman
    Almost every season for the last 10 years or so, i've looked at your squad and think "Corr, not bad at all, they've got a real chance of a top 4 place"
    And at the end of every season i chuckle and think "yep, what do i know about football" 😛

I've never figured out why Newcastle finish mid table some years, it's really quite baffling...

Good luck f ...[text shortened]... d for MO if he can show good fitness and stay imjury free until the end of the seasom 😕
    Yes, this happens every year: I don't think Michael Owen is at all integral to the future of the club (there are arguably two strikers there who are more prolific anyway), and given his injury record we should consider accepting an offer if Man U or Chelsea offer silly money.

I think simply on the basis of long-term stability Roeder should get one final season, and if results don't improve markedly we should turn elsewhere. I'm bored with constant changes at the top, and he wasn't backed as fully in the transfer market as he should have been this year, but his recent remarks don't seem to be helping - shame, really, because he seemed like just the ticket when he was appointed.
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '07 19:171 edit
    Yes, this happens every year: I don't think Michael Owen is at all integral to the future of the club (there are arguably two strikers there who are more prolific anyway), and given his injury record we should consider accepting an offer if Man U or Chelsea offer silly money.

I think simply on the basis of long-term stability Roeder should get one final o be helping - shame, really, because he seemed like just the ticket when he was appointed.
    That's generous. I'd ditch him. He's not cut out for management. You have a great stadium, resources and fans. Why do you put up with a Mickey Mouse manager and his pi55 poor results?
  8. Swansea
    Moves
    15 Apr '07 20:56
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    That's generous. I'd ditch him. He's not cut out for management. You have a great stadium, resources and fans. Why do you put up with a Mickey Mouse manager and his pi55 poor results?
    Who do you think should come in to replace him?
  9. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 07:08
    Originally posted by ExpressiveOutburst
    Who do you think should come in to replace him?
    Not really the place of a Liverpool fan too offer names into the ring for the new manager of the barcodes.

Suffice too say, reading how annoyed Barcode fans are up and down the country, Sheppard needs to get is right the next time round or it seems as their fanbase will dwindle....
  10. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    06 May '07 08:01
    Newcastle have called an emergency board meeting which will almost certainly mean the sack for boss Glenn Roeder. (Sunday Mirror)

Sad to say, this looks like it - even with Ameobi and Owen out all season, the second half of the season has been awful, and their return hasn't exactly reinvigorated the side. Shame, I really wanted him to succeed - can't say Big Sam fills me with enthusiasm.
  11. swivel seat
    Moves
    06 May '07 08:34
    its a fact that roeder always gets his teams relegated in his second season; w ham, watford, he has broken this trend, he is improving 🙂
  12. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    06 May '07 18:07
    [b]Newcastle have called an emergency board meeting which will almost certainly mean the sack for boss Glenn Roeder. (Sunday Mirror)

Sad to say, this looks like it - even with Ameobi and Owen out all season, the second half of the season has been awful, and their return hasn't exactly reinvigorated the side. Shame, I really wanted him to succeed - can't say Big Sam fills me with enthusiasm.[/b]
    Poison Chalice?

How many managers have the Toon had since KK?

If Freddie Shepherd wants Newcastle to succeed maybe he should look in the mirror and ask himself who is really responsible for the under achievement.
  13. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    06 May '07 19:01
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Poison Chalice?

How many managers have the Toon had since KK?

If Freddie Shepherd wants Newcastle to succeed maybe he should look in the mirror and ask himself who is really responsible for the under achievement.
    There's no question that the failure is down to more than just one man and that Freddy Shepherd is partly to blame - it is noticeable that the fans were singing "Sack the board" yesterday, not "Goodbye Glenn Roeder" - but these managers have been backed financially and were high-profile enough to have done better. The old line about our expectations being too high is a joke, too - there isn't a fan on Tyneside who wouldn't cry with joy at the prospect of even the League Cup (although even we were too embarrassed to glory in the Inter-Twobob Cup...).
  14. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    06 May '07 19:50
    And he's resigned. I feel very sorry for the chap - his modest, professional style was very appealing, but we couldn't stumble on like this for much longer. I wish they could keep him in some kind of technical role, but if it is Sam Allardyce coming in there's no real chance of that.
  15. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    09 May '07 12:29
    And he's resigned. I feel very sorry for the chap - his modest, professional style was very appealing, but we couldn't stumble on like this for much longer. I wish they could keep him in some kind of technical role, but if it is Sam Allardyce coming in there's no real chance of that.
    Give Sam long enough and the toon army will be challenging the big 4.

Souness was a bad signing but Roeder???? He has always been a manager out of his depth.

They have had great managers, but not always forgivern their mistakes. Take Dalgliesh, one of the best ever managers, but needed support. Sure he made mistakes but he was a born winner and would have turned it around.

Newcastle have great great fans, we need them to be at the top.

Great Goalkeeper and half of a great team.

Bramble! does anyone in the universe rate him?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree