1. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    12 Jan '09 01:271 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Congrats; Eli really sucked, for some reason our offensive coordinator decided Jacobs shouldn't be used in crucial situations and McNabb made a few big plays. The Eagles deserved it and the Giants didn't.

Good luck in Arizona.
    Thanks. As an insight into the degree to which I am a broken man, I have this to offer: I have planned for a month to visit my brother, his first son, my father who lives in Florida, and my uncle (father's brother) next weekend just outside of Philadelphia. My dad's driving up. Tonight, I got a call to come up to the corner tappie for a victory shot. While there, it was established that one of the people who called me up there - a single, 27-year-old woman with a slamming body - has access to some very, very good tickets, both for next weekend and for the Super Bowl should the Eagles win next week. She offered to take me, and the Super Bowl ticket wouldn't cost me anything - as I, through her, would be a guest of Jeffrey Lurie - the Eagles owner.

And I'm thinking about it. I feel like this is one of the crossroads in one's life - do you go to see your family, the safe, wholesome, stable choice, or do you go to two different cities in two consecutive weekends with a woman who is not your wife, where the excitement level will be high, alcohol will flow freely, and your friend has a house with a hot tub and a reputation for parties that get completely out of control?

I'm broken. Any and all opinions and/or berations/testimonials to the riduculousness of me are welcome. By the way - I've told my wife the full story, and she's fine with me going. So she says.
  2. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    12 Jan '09 01:32
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Thanks. As an insight into the degree to which I am a broken man, I have this to offer: I have planned for a month to visit my brother, his first son, my father who lives in Florida, and my uncle (father's brother) next weekend just outside of Philadelphia. My dad's driving up. Tonight, I got a call to come up to the corner tappie for a victory shot ...[text shortened]... the way - I've told my wife the full story, and she's fine with me going. So she says.
    No brainer. GO to the games, Could be once in a lifetime experience!
  3. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    12 Jan '09 01:50
    There will be no Super Bowl for the Santa haters. Go Cards!
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jan '09 13:49
    Originally posted by Badwater
    You seem to do better with college than pro. 😉
    Oddly, I'm 4-0 in my AFC predictions😏 and 0-4 in my NFC ones😳
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 23:411 edit
    I prefer to believe that the Cowboys even making the playoffs was the fluke last year.
    You would have preferred to believe the Cowboys hadn't beat the Giants twice last year too but they did. It was a fluke that the Giants won out alright. Phillies are much better than the sleeping Giants. Next year. It's on~!
  6. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 00:06
    Thanks. As an insight into the degree to which I am a broken man, I have this to offer: I have planned for a month to visit my brother, his first son, my father who lives in Florida, and my uncle (father's brother) next weekend just outside of Philadelphia. My dad's driving up. Tonight, I got a call to come up to the corner tappie for a victory shot ...[text shortened]... the way - I've told my wife the full story, and she's fine with me going. So she says.
    GO! Family forgives. 😀
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 04:27
    Oddly, I'm 4-0 in my AFC predictions😏 and 0-4 in my NFC ones😳
    I want you believing in the Cardinals. Don't let me catch you on here talking up the Eagles.
  8. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 06:36
    I want you believing in the Cardinals. Don't let me catch you on here talking up the Eagles.
    Give no creedence to non-subs here.

I say Ravens and Eagles in the SB..
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 17:02
    OK. I'll pick the Cardinals and Steelers.
  10. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 03:54
    The city of Tamp Bay is worried about Philadelphia fans arriving and ruining their lovely town.
    In 2004 Jacksonville had no arrests of Philly fans during super bowl weekend. I think Tampa is just pissed that we beat the Rays in the World Series. Tampa are some of the lamest fans in the world, they didn't even sell out a game until the world series.
    Eagles fans are the best in the league, and we've waited patiently for our first super bowl victory. You want to party? come to Philly after we win the the Super Bowl.
  11. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 05:34
    eagles and ravens aswell. eagles will win and Westbrook will average more than 2 yards a carry.
  12. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 05:41
    Originally posted by gregsflat
    The city of Tamp Bay is worried about Philadelphia fans arriving and ruining their lovely town.
    In 2004 Jacksonville had no arrests of Philly fans during super bowl weekend. I think Tampa is just pissed that we beat the Rays in the World Series. Tampa are some of the lamest fans in the world, they didn't even sell out a game until the world series.
    Eag ...[text shortened]... first super bowl victory. You want to party? come to Philly after we win the the Super Bowl.
    I didn't even think of that! Phillies beat the Rays, then go to their city to win the Super Bowl. Best Eagles bar down there is Tampadelphia. Great time. Hard not to be distracted this week. I can only hope that Mr. Miagi comes down and gives his hand-clap-healing-death grip on Brian Westbrook's knee.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 19:33
    Three and a half hours to kickoff. Week 14, the Eagles handed the Giants their collective asses, but that was without Brandon Jacobs. Hard to pick against the defending champions, but I think McNabb plays loose, and Dawkins takes the field knowing he doesn't have too many more chances. As hard as this might be for an outsider - or a Giants fan - to b ...[text shortened]... e Giants can match the intensity of the Eagles today. Eagles win a defensive slugfest, 17-13.
    The eagles are my 5th favorite. But my wife is from Arizona so she want the Cardinals to win. But I don't really care who win the NFC Championship, but whoever it is I hope wins the Super Bowl.
  14. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 23:06
    Hey football fans,

you won't believe these guys:

YouTube
  15. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 05:24
    Originally posted by gregsflat
    Hey football fans,

you won't believe these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHH-6ZQktRQ
    If you believe that, then I have some prime land to sell you. Don't mind the alligators.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree