1. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    16 Nov '08 04:43
    If the BCS wasn't impressed before, they should be now. Florida just spanked the Gamecocks (#24 in the polls) 56-6! It was Steve Superior's worst loss ever as a coach OR player. That's 5 wins in a row against SEC opponents of 28 points or greater.. Spurrier said after the game that this Florida team is much better than the one that won the championship.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 20:16
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    If the BCS wasn't impressed before, they should be now. Florida just spanked the Gamecocks (#24 in the polls) 56-6! It was Steve Superior's worst loss ever as a coach OR player. That's 5 wins in a row against SEC opponents of 28 points or greater.. Spurrier said after the game that this Florida team is much better than the one that won the championship.
    It's in their hands now; if they can handle the Citadel this week, beat Florida State and knock out Alabama in the SEC Championship, they'll go to the BCS Championship game.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 06:402 edits
    It's a secret fantasy of mine to see Florida do to USC in the NCG what USC and Florida did to my Buckeyes. You see, I loath USC. All they do is pick on Big Ten teams every year, in their own back yard no less, and tell the world how great they are. In fact, the last 14, count'em, 14 meetings with Big Ten schools have resulted in lopsided loses for the Big Ten. However, if it is close, I still win because I don't like Florida either because of what they did to my Buckeyes. As a result, it would also be nice to see the two of them beat up on each other so really you might say it is a win/win scenario for me either way. 😉
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 12:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    It's a secret fantasy of mine to see Florida do to USC in the NCG what USC and Florida did to my Buckeyes. You see, I loath USC. All they do is pick on Big Ten teams every year, in their own back yard no less, and tell the world how great they are. In fact, the last 14, count'em, 14 meetings with Big Ten schools have resulted in lopsided loses for the Big ...[text shortened]... beat up on each other so really you might say it is a win/win scenario for me either way. 😉
    Technically it would also be a lose/lose for you either way.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 13:36
    It's a secret fantasy of mine to see Florida do to USC in the NCG what USC and Florida did to my Buckeyes. You see, I loath USC. All they do is pick on Big Ten teams every year, in their own back yard no less, and tell the world how great they are. In fact, the last 14, count'em, 14 meetings with Big Ten schools have resulted in lopsided loses for the Big ...[text shortened]... beat up on each other so really you might say it is a win/win scenario for me either way. 😉
    It's hard to see a realistic scenario where USC passes all three of the Big 12 leaders in the BCS standings.
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 13:43
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's hard to see a realistic scenario where USC passes all three of the Big 12 leaders in the BCS standings.
    A Red Raiders or Longhorn matchup with the Gators would suit me fine! 😏
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 21:45
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Technically it would also be a lose/lose for you either way.
    I see the glass as half full. 😠
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 21:491 edit
    No doubt USC will end up blowing away Penn State in the Rose Bowl. :'(
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 23:29
    Oregon State goes to the Rose Bowl if they beat Arizona and Oregon ................... and Penn State beat them by 31 early in the season.
  10. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 05:35
    Oregon State goes to the Rose Bowl if they beat Arizona and Oregon ................... and Penn State beat them by 31 early in the season.
    I watched that game.. Oregon State looked hapless, but another game at a 'neutral' site will probably have a different result, IMO
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 23:32
    I watched that game.. Oregon State looked hapless, but another game at a 'neutral' site will probably have a different result, IMO
    New buzzword this year at Oregon State.... Jacquizz Rogers!! He is the real deal. He played high school ball south of Houston and was lights out. His brother is good too, but Jacquizz is by far the better player. He is a game breaker.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 23:41
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    New buzzword this year at Oregon State.... Jacquizz Rogers!! He is the real deal. He played high school ball south of Houston and was lights out. His brother is good too, but Jacquizz is by far the better player. He is a game breaker.
    They're a hot team but much better at home than on the road. I think they'll lose to Arizona so USC will get in the Rose unless the Trojans get stunned by UCLA.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 02:51
    They're a hot team but much better at home than on the road. I think they'll lose to Arizona so USC will get in the Rose unless the Trojans get stunned by UCLA.
    I don't think it possible to keep USC out of both the NCG and/or Rose Bowl. In fact, has it ever been done? LOL.
  14. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 05:59
    yes that whole Big10/PAC-10 always goes to the Rose bowl thing is getting tedious.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 11:54
    Originally posted by zebano
    yes that whole Big10/PAC-10 always goes to the Rose bowl thing is getting tedious.
    Well, as I have said many, many times before, USC always seems to go to the Rose Bowl. In addition, they have beaten the last 15 opponents they have faced from the Small Ten and beaten them BADLY. There seems to be no parity between the two conferences in this respect yet they insist on continually matching USC and a Big Ten school up year after year after year after year.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree