Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member usmc7257
    semper fi
    06 Feb '12 03:36
    Not much of a fan, but I couldn't live with the pats winning in Indianapolis. Its bad enough Peyton will be leaving, but a rival winning the big one in our house would be too much to bear.
  2. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    06 Feb '12 17:28
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    Not much of a fan, but I couldn't live with the pats winning in Indianapolis. Its bad enough Peyton will be leaving, but a rival winning the big one in our house would be too much to bear.
    Thumb down.

    But it was the best finish ever for a Super Bowl. It beats the Titains Rams game.
  3. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    06 Feb '12 21:06
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    Not much of a fan, but I couldn't live with the pats winning in Indianapolis. Its bad enough Peyton will be leaving, but a rival winning the big one in our house would be too much to bear.
    Good news!! Manning was the MVP.

    Oh, wrong Manning though!!
  4. 06 Feb '12 21:56
    I wonder if the NFL will fine N E for not competing when they let the Giants score the winning score. There is a rule against not competing. They fined the Buccaneers when they let a team score.
  5. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    07 Feb '12 05:01
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    Not much of a fan, but I couldn't live with the pats winning in Indianapolis. Its bad enough Peyton will be leaving, but a rival winning the big one in our house would be too much to bear.
    It looks like your wish came true. It was a pretty good game. Even the halftime show was enjoyable.
  6. 07 Feb '12 17:29
    I'll go out on a limb here and say that the Giants will win the Super Bowl.
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    07 Feb '12 23:16
    Originally posted by gambit3
    I wonder if the NFL will fine N E for not competing when they let the Giants score the winning score. There is a rule against not competing. They fined the Buccaneers when they let a team score.
    This was a strategic decision (a good one, of course), akin to an intentional walk. I can't possibly imagine it's against the rules. The Packers also let the Broncos score at the end of the 1998 Super Bowl to leave time on the clock in a similar situation.
  8. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    08 Feb '12 00:39
    Originally posted by gambit3
    I wonder if the NFL will fine N E for not competing when they let the Giants score the winning score. There is a rule against not competing. They fined the Buccaneers when they let a team score.
    That is not a breech of the rules. It falls under the guise of clock management and is perfectly legal.
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    08 Feb '12 00:55
    Originally posted by gambit3
    I wonder if the NFL will fine N E for not competing when they let the Giants score the winning score. There is a rule against not competing. They fined the Buccaneers when they let a team score.
    It's also kind of similar to the QB taking a knee, if you really think about it.
  10. 08 Feb '12 04:33
    Originally posted by sh76
    It's also kind of similar to the QB taking a knee, if you really think about it.
    No. A team letting the game clock expire and taking a win is not failing to compete.
  11. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    08 Feb '12 13:03
    Originally posted by gambit3
    No. A team letting the game clock expire and taking a win is not failing to compete.
    I think he's got it now!!
  12. 16 Feb '12 03:01
    TOUCH DOWN GIANTS!!!!!
  13. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    16 Feb '12 06:04
    Originally posted by Joseph Yu
    TOUCH DOWN GIANTS!!!!!
    You watching on tape delay???
  14. 16 Feb '12 21:27
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You watching on tape delay???
    No, you dope. He's reliving the moment of the last touchdown of superbowl XXVI.
  15. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    16 Feb '12 22:04
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    No, you dope. He's reliving the moment of the last touchdown of superbowl XXVI.
    You dope...HOW do you think he is doing that???