1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 01:40
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Well...that went south in a hurry. This is starting to turn ugly.
    9 run third! I have seldom seen such shaky pitching in a post season game. What happened? Normally the Tigers are so solid! I never thought there'd be a blowout. Not in this series! It had been a dream series of nail biters!
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 02:52
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    9 run third! I have seldom seen such shaky pitching in a post season game. What happened? Normally the Tigers are so solid! I never thought there'd be a blowout. Not in this series! It had been a dream series of nail biters!
    The umps were bribed. Yeah, that's it.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 03:12
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The umps were bribed. Yeah, that's it.
    Umps weren't making bad pitches. The two questionable calls were good calls if you watch in slo mo. Umps have been quite good this post season. I knew Tigers would pay for the lucky bounce in game five. Also, umps did not drop that ball in right center field. I figured you would be a sore loser.
  4. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 04:21
    I figured you would be a sore loser.
    I think that his attempt at humor so he doesnt cry. Don't be such an ass. People from detroit needed a sprots boost and I am glad that they were in the mix. Go Lions.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 14:53
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    I think that his attempt at humor so he doesnt cry. Don't be such an ass. People from detroit needed a sprots boost and I am glad that they were in the mix. Go Lions.
    I guess, judging froom his avatar, he is every bit the leftie Stalinist commie I have thought he was. If that was an attempt at humor on his part I see he is as humorless as every Stalinist ever was.

BTW, Tigers were incredibly tough and well managed. I know Detroit needed the boost. My musings were simply those of an admiring supporter of Tigers opponent, marvelling at the collapse of a worthy foe. To throw in umpiring was really unseemly. Also, I picked the Lions to go all the way! Go Lions!
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 17:47
    Umps weren't making bad pitches. The two questionable calls were good calls if you watch in slo mo. Umps have been quite good this post season. I knew Tigers would pay for the lucky bounce in game five. Also, umps did not drop that ball in right center field. I figured you would be a sore loser.
    Actually, the Tigers were lucky to be there in the first place.

They got outscored by 11 runs in the ALDS. 98 times out of 100, that means a loss. In addition, they won two ALDS games with the winning run on base and needed a fly ball to die at the wall in the 8th inning of game 5.

I know this is going to sound like sour grapes, but the Tigers winning the ALDS was mainly luck and I was glad to see the Rangers making luck irrelevant by pounding out 9 runs in the 3rd inning of game 6.

The Rangers have now won 2 straight pennants and in both years won the ALCS in convincing fashion. Plus, the overcame the loss of Cliff Lee and didn't miss a beat. I really hope they win it this year. The Cardinals already have one lucky championship recently; they don't need a second.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 11:40
    Originally posted by sh76

They got outscored by 11 runs in the ALDS. 98 times out of 100, that means a loss. In addition, they won two ALDS games with the winning run on base and needed a fly ball to die at the wall in the 8th inning of game 5.

I know this is going to sound like sour grapes, but the Tigers winning the ...[text shortened]... is year. The Cardinals already have one lucky championship recently; they don't need a second.
    Indeed true. However, they were a really tough opponent and other than the game six pounding were right in the mix. I believe the Rangers will win it all simply because of better pitching. I don't see the Texas starters having two bad series in a row whereas I think the Cardinals' starting pitching proved shaky against the Brewers. Tigers were lucky. Had they not had the lucky bounce in game five series would not have gone six. Michael Young's reemergence will prove big! Maybe it was shaving those beards. Hamilton did too and batted better.
  8. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 13:56
    Indeed true. However, they were a really tough opponent and other than the game six pounding were right in the mix. I believe the Rangers will win it all simply because of better pitching. I don't see the Texas starters having two bad series in a row whereas I think the Cardinals' starting pitching proved shaky against the Brewers. Tigers were lucky. Ha ...[text shortened]... rgence will prove big! Maybe it was shaving those beards. Hamilton did too and batted better.
    I'm not sure why you keep going on about really tough opponent, Detroit's hitting was crap, esp. with RISP. Sure the Ranger's bullpen came through, but that could be because of slumping batters.

The Cards' batting on the other hand is coming into sync. They laid WASTE of Brewer's pitching, and are on fire. Much like the Giants last year. Don't under-estimate a team on fire with confidence. Plus they have home field advantage.

It should be an exciting series.. I hope.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 23:00
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I'm not sure why you keep going on about really tough opponent, Detroit's hitting was crap, esp. with RISP. Sure the Ranger's bullpen came through, but that could be because of slumping batters.

The Cards' batting on the other hand is coming into sync. They laid WASTE of Brewer's pitching, and are on fire. Much like the Giants last year. Don't under-est ...[text shortened]... idence. Plus they have home field advantage.

It should be an exciting series.. I hope.
    A 4-2 series is not real close, but is no sweep either. I don't agree Detroit's bats were crap. Their bats were untimely (RISP), but Rangers pitching made them so. The Cards bats were exceptionally timely. No one underestimates a red hot team. I am sure the Rangers won't. In the end it may come down to pitching more than the bats. Good pitching makes batters look "slumpy". If these batters were so bad then the starting pitching would have been better. Neither Rangers nor Cards had starters at their best. I think the team that rights the starting pitching ship will win the series. I do think the Rangers have a slight edge, however. Like you I hope for a good series.
  10. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 04:10
    The Cards bats were exceptionally timely.
    Score of 15-4 against the Brewer's pitching is quite timely, yes. Time after time after time. Watch out Rangers fans!
  11. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 04:33
    Gritty, gutsy win against an amazing foe! Tigers have nothing to hang thir heads about and are truly tough customers! Game truly swug on Ron Washington's gutsy decision to walk Cabrera. Nellie Cruz' amazing throw to the plate shows Texas' quality defense!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/ALCS-Game-4-Napoli-Cruz-hit-and-throw-Rangers-;_ylt=AhVNFhpmx2uBxs7llU3dCso5nYcB?urn=mlb-wp23728
    Testing post so just ignore
  12. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 06:58
    Score of 15-4 against the Brewer's pitching is quite timely, yes. Time after time after time. Watch out Rangers fans!
    I think maybe the Cards will need a few more bats. Just say'n lol
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 13:22
    Originally posted by sh76

I know this is going to sound like sour grapes, but the Tigers winning the ...[text shortened]... is year. The Cardinals already have one lucky championship recently; they don't need a second.
    Yep, they overcame the odds. You can even go to Vegas every now and then and win a few hands.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 13:32
    For those who don't konw, the Cardinal organization is run like a fine tuned machine. In short, they are perhaps the best run organization in all of MLB. My Reds even got a little better after getting some sloppy seconds from the organization in terms of ownership has beens in St. Louis.

As for payroll, the are in the top 15 at number 11 spending just over a million dollars on their team. If they had the payroll of the Yankees they would win the series every year I think.

I just have to say something about Prince Albert, he is by far, not only the best overall player in MLB, he may be the best of all time. The man is a beast!!!
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 18:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    For those who don't konw, the Cardinal organization is run like a fine tuned machine. In short, they are perhaps the best run organization in all of MLB. My Reds even got a little better after getting some sloppy seconds from the organization in terms of ownership has beens in St. Louis.

As for payroll, the are in the top 15 at number 11 spending just ov ...[text shortened]... not only the best overall player in MLB, he may be the best of all time. The man is a beast!!!
    Tony LaRussa and Dave Duncan are the reasons St. Louis is perpetually good.

Just look at the puzzle pieces and it is not hard to discern.

Do not forget, they lost their best pitcher, Adam Wainwright, to start the season.

In fact, No1marauder officially declared them dead at that point.
    Someone who looked exactly like me said that St. Louis and Milwaukee would advance
    over your Reds.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree