1. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 01:571 edit
    Panama 1-1 El Salvador (5-3 PSO). Panama will meet the US in the semifinals. El Salvador should have won because Panama's goal never crossed the line.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 02:43
    Originally posted by damionhonegan
    Panama 1-1 El Salvador (5-3 PSO). Panama will meet the US in the semifinals. El Salvador should have won because Panama's goal never crossed the line.
    Bad ref indeed! I don't know where they get such blind refs and linesmen. The under 17 WC has had impeccable reffing by comparison. Lets players play as well!

I daresay I prefer for USA to play Panama again and erase the aberration of the first loss!
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 05:24
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    USA also got away with one with the sendoff of Jaimaican player, but that one clearly looked like ref error. In real time it looked like a foul.
    typical home team bias. in 'real time' it looked like the most ridiculous dive i've seen in a long time. can't comment on the Mexican one, didn't see any of that match. no doubt seitse will be on here later to tell us that it was a legitimate goal 😉
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 11:31
    Originally posted by trev33
    typical home team bias. in 'real time' it looked like the most ridiculous dive i've seen in a long time. can't comment on the Mexican one, didn't see any of that match. no doubt seitse will be on here later to tell us that it was a legitimate goal 😉
    No homey bias. Looked good in real time and from the ref's vantage point I could see where he would make the mistake. I did agree it was a bad send off. A biased person woulda called it good. What needs to be changed is a ridiculous rule of saneding off a player simply for fouling as the last player. In the under 17 WC N.Korea had the goalie ejected for fouling even though he was clearly merely going for the ball. Did not even look like a yellow to me. Mexico won that one being one goal down simply through ref assistance. Korea was playing lights out before the sendoff.

in Mexican game player uses the opponent to elevate himself for the header and knocks the player forward and out of the play. Play should have been whistled dead there.

Are you gonna say the ball did go in for Panama? The tying goal never was. Bad ref indeed! El Salvador was robbed.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 16:05
    No homey bias. Looked good in real time and from the ref's vantage point I could see where he would make the mistake. I did agree it was a bad send off. A biased person woulda called it good. What needs to be changed is a ridiculous rule of saneding off a player simply for fouling as the last player. In the under 17 WC N.Korea had the goalie ejected for ...[text shortened]... he ball did go in for Panama? The tying goal never was. Bad ref indeed! El Salvador was robbed.
    what are you talking about, of course the panama goal crossed the line... the 6 yard line but a line nevertheless. they all count, ask the english 😀

how many more teams need to get screwed before they use video refs. soccer is farcical.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 23:59
    what are you talking about, of course the panama goal crossed the line... the 6 yard line but a line nevertheless. they all count, ask the english 😀

how many more teams need to get screwed before they use video refs. soccer is farcical.
    No argument there at all! Reffing has become a farce and has really begun hurting the sport. Anohter change should be if a player is perceived of as acting, diving and such. Opponent should get a power play by making said player sit out five minutes.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 02:04
    Well, well. USA indeed makes it to the final. Panama could not strike lightning in a bottle twice. Let's see if Mexico can do the same for the awaited USA-Mexico finale! Sorry, trev33! Looks like USA sux less than Panama.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 17:38
    Well, well. USA indeed makes it to the final. Panama could not strike lightning in a bottle twice. Let's see if Mexico can do the same for the awaited USA-Mexico finale! Sorry, trev33! Looks like USA sux less than Panama.
    they still suck 🙂

viva mexico 😵
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 20:59
    they still suck 🙂

viva mexico 😵
    Mexico has not beaten USA on US soil in over ten years! Go USA! Mexico needed OT to take down lowly Honduras! The streak will persist!
  10. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '11 01:30
    Mexico has not beaten USA on US soil in over ten years! Go USA! Mexico needed OT to take down lowly Honduras! The streak will persist!
    The Gold Cup final in 2009 was in the United States and Mexico won 5-0 vs the US.
    YouTube
  11. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '11 07:23
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1616/concacaf/2011/06/23/2545247/costa-ricas-dennis-marshall-dies-in-car-accident
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '11 11:18
    Originally posted by damionhonegan
    The Gold Cup final in 2009 was in the United States and Mexico won 5-0 vs the US.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpEv2VFcA8A
    Oops! That's correct. Doubtful there will be another blow out. Go USA!
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '11 14:05
    i just want an enjoyable final...
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Jun '11 14:45
    i just want an enjoyable final...
    I didn't think N. Ireland made it. 😛

Well you can root for your home away home from home then....go USA...right?? 😉😀
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '11 15:00
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I didn't think N. Ireland made it. 😛

Well you can root for your home away home from home then....go USA...right?? 😉😀
    they'd have trouble beating the mexican and american under 17 teams never mind the seniors. i'm not a fan of the n. irish soccer team, they should have a united ireland team like in rugby and field hockey.

peru are in it? 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree