1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 21:33
    i'd ignore palynka, not only does he have trouble with basketball, but binary is a difficult one for him to grasp as well
  2. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 22:52
    Originally posted by mochiron
    Rambis was God...
    Clapton is God, Rosie O'Donnell is the greatest basketball player ever.
  3. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 23:50
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Intellectual dishonesty comes from citing only the particular statistic that serves your point....
    From trying to prove Jordan wasn't good in the clutch from the fact he didn't make ALL of them...

From making speculative and unprovable claims about Jordan not being able to "survive" in a racist environment.

That is why all your arguments are intellectually dishonest.
    I never said Jordan wasn't good in the clutch... i only asked if I was allowed to use ONE EXAMPLE of Jordan missing a potential game winner to prove he wasn't good in the clutch, just as you used ONE non-play by Pippen (Kukoc incident) in a 16 year career to "prove" Pippen was "arrogant"?

Re: racist environment of the 50s and 60s... absolutely no way Jordan would have survived as an NBA player at that time...the guy was pampered by the NBA from day one... unlike Wilt and Russell, Jordan never had to worry about the league legislating to try to curb his "dominance" by re-writing the rules in an attempt to stop them... as I pointed out, the NBA re-wrote the rules to help (specifically) Jordan's game.

Jordan was also ALWAYS afraid to take any kind of a stand on any political and/or social issues...he cared too much about his image, and what people thought of him... Wilt and Russell did this, as black men, in the 50s and 60s... Russell didn't give a rip what ANYONE thought of him, and he took stands on issues which he believed were right.

Had Jordan played in Boston in the 60s, and come home from a road trip to find that thieves destroyed his trophies and had defecated in his bed (and left it there), he'd have been on the next train home to North Carolina.

Also, i keep hearing about Jordan's so called "killer instinct"... he retired TWICE in his prime after winning a mere 3 titles in a row... Bill Russell won EIGHT in a row, and STILL wanted more... THAT'S a killer instinct.

Yes, Jordan lost his father to a brutal murder...but Wilt Chamberlain also lost his father a year after winning a title... (the actual reason for Jordan's first retirement had more to do with his gambling problems than anything else...Stern MADE him retire, rather than suspending him...it had nothing to do with Jordan wanting to "spend more time with his family", as his pathetic baseball career proved).

Jordan doesn't know the meaning of the word racism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree