1. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 22:09
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 22:31
    sir alex. time after time, year after year he does it.
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 22:49
    Originally posted by trev33
    sir alex. time after time, year after year he does it.
    Its hard not to disagree with you there ,but i think his job has always been a little bit easier than others because up and coming footballers would probably opt for man utd over other clubs first ,saying that though ,pretty much all his dabbles in the transfer market have been good and he is not afraid to off load so called big stars when they begin to wane ,Cantanna was his best buy i think ,and to think old alex was one game off getting the boot!!!
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 23:09
    Fergie has more power than other managers, more cash to spend and a large crowd that follow them anywhere.

Brian Clough took teams from obscurity to championships. Thankfully they never made him England manager or we would be putting up with more 1966 crap 😛
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 23:59
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Its hard not to disagree with you there ,but i think his job has always been a little bit easier than others because up and coming footballers would probably opt for man utd over other clubs first ,saying that though ,pretty much all his dabbles in the transfer market have been good and he is not afraid to off load so called big stars when they begin to ...[text shortened]... e ,Cantanna was his best buy i think ,and to think old alex was one game off getting the boot!!!
    well not all of his buys were great but to do what's he's done over 20 odd years is nothing short of incredible. my only criticism is that he only won two CL's. that's a disappointment as some of his tactics in europe could've been better.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 00:00
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Thankfully they never made him England manager or we would be putting up with more 1966 crap 😛
    amen to that.
  7. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 15:46
    Herbert Chapman.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 18:31
    Its hard not to disagree with you there ,but i think his job has always been a little bit easier than others because up and coming footballers would probably opt for man utd over other clubs first
    Wrong.

The rule which states that you can't recruit youngsters from more than 50 miles away is a new one which the 3 you mentioned didn't have to put up with.

D
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 18:32
    Fergie has more power than other managers, more cash to spend and a large crowd that follow them anywhere.

Brian Clough took teams from obscurity to championships.
    Aberdeen were a real powerhouse alright both in terms of finances and international fanbase. 🙄

D
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 20:05

Brian Clough took teams from obscurity to championships. Thankfully they never made him England manager or we would be putting up with more 1966 crap 😛
    He was good old cloughie!!!! and being english myself , i dont mention 66 anymore its getting like ancient history , bit like you jocko,s banging on about banackburn ..lol😉
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 20:09
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Wrong.

The rule which states that you can't recruit youngsters from more than 50 miles away is a new one which the 3 you mentioned didn't have to put up with.

D
    What i ment was up and coming young players like rooney would prefer man utd over other clubs !!! What about bobby robson when he was at ipswich town small club but he made them a top side at home and in europe !!!
  12. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 23:13
    What i ment was up and coming young players like rooney would prefer man utd over other clubs !!! What about bobby robson when he was at ipswich town small club but he made them a top side at home and in europe !!!
    Its only cos sir a has made it that way early days not so shearer for example chose blackburn over us
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 00:37
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Aberdeen were a real powerhouse alright both in terms of finances and international fanbase. 🙄

D
    Fergie only played the team O'Neil built up for him 😛 😛
  14. Standard memberBobson 94
    Fleeting Member
    Lisburn, UK
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 13:11
    How about Rinus Michels or Ernst Happel?
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '09 19:091 edit
    Originally posted by Bobson 94
    How about Rinus Michels or Ernst Happel?
    Are they still hiding in argentina with martin borrman?🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree