1. Under Cover
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 07:05
    Originally posted by richfeet
    i loved John Riggins
    Wow, reading through this thread I actually thought I might be the first to suggest Riggins, a very tough guy. Granted, he was running behind monsters, but he still earned his yards. I have to agree with evryone who gives top honors to Brown, though.
  2. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 01:49
    LADANIAN TOMLINSON is the greatest running back ever!!!!! by far... and when ever Reggie Bush get his chance he will then stake claim to the throne.

.....but since we're not talking about the future i would go with Barry Sanders, easy. You have to understand this guy didn't have a line nor a fullback and he broke ankles in pile ups. If he would have played longer he would have all of the running back records....put Barry Sanders in the league when Jim Brown was playing and all those defensemen that are in the hall of fame, wouldn't be because all of their ankles would be shattered.

Jim Brown was trucking dudes when he played hell everybody back then ran over defenseman that's all they knew so throw Barry or LT or Bush any shifty back you can think of put them in that era and you'll have your greatest back ever other than that everyne has a favorite, you old farts stick with your old guys and the young studs are going to stick with the young bucks there's an argument for everyone.

My list of the greatest running................
    This list is based on running, catching, blocking, stats of course, leadership
    1. Walter Payton
    2. Ladanian Tomlinson
    3. Barry Sanders
    4. Jim Brown
    5. Reggie Bush LMAO!!!!!!! no seriously Emmitt Smith
    6. Gayle Sayers
    7. Eric Dickerson
    8. Tony Dorsett
    9. O.J Simpson
    10. John Riggins

notables: Franco Harris, Marcus Allen, Earl Campbell, Csonka, Curtis Martin, Marshall Faulk, Thurman Thomas, Joe "The Jet" Perry, Bo Jackson, Roger Graig but yea make your on list....
  3. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 01:56
    im gonna have to go with barry sanders here. The guy retired early and still nearly set a bunch of records with NO team around him. It would be amazing what he could do on a team with any offensive line at all and not have to play from behind all the time.

current best RB in the league is Tomlinson far and away. I like Tiki Barber for 2nd (if you dont count the inactive Marshall Faulk who is one of only 3 players in NFL history with 10k rushing and 5k receiving yards. Tiki is the other and I dont remember the last one.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree