1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 14:581 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    sick if you're a pats fan eh phalbs?
    What was Belicheat thinking going for it on 4th & 2 at their own 30 against the Colts?? Stupidest call I've seen all year regardless of what Tom thinks:

"I love the call," Tom Brady said. "I love the fact that we’re out there with a chance to win. The coach has confidence that we can make it. I had confidence. We all did." Despite the lambasting he's taking from the national media, advancednflstats.com has determined mathematically that Belichick's decision gave his team the best chance to win in that situation.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 15:29
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What was Belicheat thinking going for it on 4th & 2 at their own 30 against the Colts?? Stupidest call I've seen all year regardless of what Tom thinks:

"I love the call," Tom Brady said. "I love the fact that we’re out there with a chance to win. The coach has confidence that we can make it. I had confidence. We all did." Despite the lambasting h ...[text shortened]... that Belichick's decision gave his team the best chance to win in that situation.
    i was going to comment on it but tbh the more i think about it the more i like the call. if they make the forth down they win the game if they punt "the best QB in the nfl" has 2 minutes to score a td from maybe around the 20 yard line with 2 timeouts left. i'd fancy them from there.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 15:411 edit
    i was going to comment on it but tbh the more i think about it the more i like the call. if they make the forth down they win the game if they punt "the best QB in the nfl" has 2 minutes to score a td from maybe around the 20 yard line with 2 timeouts left. i'd fancy them from there.
    From your own 30 with the game on the line? No way. You punt, pin them deep and you get your defense out there to stop them. That's a no-brainer. Belicheat was extremely arrogant to think his team could have got a first down with their eyes closed. Serves 'em right.

Belly handed them the win last night. He put all his hopes on the offense getting a fourth down conversion rather than putting it on his defense to get to the job done. The Colts had no running game left to boot. Put five DBs in there and let them do their job. Don't just give the game away.

They were down by 6 points! They would have had to go the length of the field!

Terrible, terrible call.
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 16:211 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    We're talking [b]Football!~[/b]
    http://tinyurl.com/yc4mcnm

This is the last time I open one of your vaguely titled Sportz Forum threads.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 16:25
    From your own 30 with the game on the line? No way. You punt, pin them deep and you get your defense out there to stop them. That's a no-brainer. Belicheat was extremely arrogant to think his team could have got a first down with their eyes closed. Serves 'em right.

Belly handed them the win last night. He put all his hopes on the offense getting a ...[text shortened]... y 6 points! They would have had to go the length of the field!

Terrible, terrible call.
    How this guy still has a job in the NFL is beyond me.

As Vince McMahon would say, "YOUR FIIIRRRRED"!

It was a stupid call by a man who doesn't know the game!~

P-
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 16:27
    You were right, Phlab. Much better game.

Peyton Manning is undoubtedly the best QB in the league, IMO.
    Don't blame the Golden Boy for:

Bad Coach Decision
    Receivers NOT running far enough
    Super Models getting PREGNANT

P-
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 16:33

Belly handed them the win last night. He put all his hopes on the offense getting a ...[text shortened]... y 6 points! They would have had to go the length of the field!

Terrible, terrible call.
    i disagree, he makes the forth down they win the game, without question. if they punt i'd make the colts the favorites. i think it's good to see a top nfl team gambling like that.

excellent game though.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 16:37
    i disagree, he makes the forth down they win the game, without question. if they punt i'd make the colts the favorites. i think it's good to see a top nfl team gambling like that.

excellent game though.
    4th down has become a very interesting thing in the NFL in the past 7 or so years... before that, you always kicked.

Belichick made a bad decision here. If you have the game recorded, watch Brady's head spin when Belichick said they were going for it, not trying to draw the Colts offline.

If you think it was a good decision, stick to YOUR BRAND of football.

P-
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 16:43
    4th down has become a very interesting thing in the NFL in the past 7 or so years... before that, you always kicked.

Belichick made a bad decision here. If you have the game recorded, watch Brady's head spin when Belichick said they were going for it, not trying to draw the Colts offline.

P-
    Belichump is the only coach in the league who goes for it there in the Pros.

He thinks he's soooo friggin' smaht!
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 16:45
    Some reading;

Here is a high school coach who goes for it on 4th down ALL THE TIME!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5goPCKmwFib1H2GyY7KaxdlWNcMdQD9BP1HA00
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 16:48
    Here's what Tedi Bruschi thinks,

As a former defender on that team, I would've cared less about the result of that fourth-down attempt. The decision to go for it would be enough to make my blood boil for weeks. Bill Belichick sent a message to his defense. He felt that his chances were better to go for it on his own 28-yard line than to punt it away and make Peyton Manning have to drive the majority of the field to win the game.

I would look at this decision as a lack of confidence in our ability as a defensive unit to come up with a big play to win the game. If I'm Jerod Mayo, Gary Guyton, Darius Butler, Jonathan Wilhite, Brandon Meriweather and Brandon McGowan -- to name a few -- I'm wondering why we weren't given the chance to do what we've been coached to do ever since the first day we practiced.
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 16:49
    Some reading;

Here is a high school coach who goes for it on 4th down ALL THE TIME!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5goPCKmwFib1H2GyY7KaxdlWNcMdQD9BP1HA00
    High school coach? Nice credentials. That's high school!

P-
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 16:51
    Here's what Tedi Bruschi thinks,

As a former defender on that team, I would've cared less about the result of that fourth-down attempt. The decision to go for it would be enough to make my blood boil for weeks. Bill Belichick sent a message to his defense. He felt that his chances were better to go for it on his own 28-yard line than to punt it awa ...[text shortened]... chance to do what we've been coached to do ever since the first day we practiced.
    Tune to weei.com

You can hear Bill soon.

That Clown!
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 17:10
    Bill Says,

"Like I said last night, going for it gave my team the best chance to win the game by running out the clock."

"Yeah, I don't know. Like I told my team, I do the best thing for my team. I just hope the team understands that."

"Every week is important."

"We felt good about that play, that's why we called it."

"Where they marked it fell short, he was accross the 30 when he touched it."

"That doesn't really matter."

"The Colts are my daddy."

"Same thing, formation wasn't lined up right. We took a time out. That was a good decision by Wes."

"We got back at 5. I don't know what Teddy said."

"Yours? You're entitle to an opinion. I'm sure you have one."

"I love Reggie Wayne. Spectacular. Love him long time, Joe."

"The team? We'll go to practice and get ready for the Jets. That's what we do every week."

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I respect that."

"I don't know, ask them. I told you what I think, ask them what they think."

"Every lose is hard, yeah. Ok."
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 17:14

P-
    i wouldn't have done it in the playoffs but now when it didn't really matter it was worth it imo. like darvs quote says above, it sends a pretty strong message to the pats defense. it's good to see a bit of gambling in professional sport every so often, and tbh you don't see a lot of it in the nfl.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree