1. 6yd box
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 10:07
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    [b]You can't blame Rafa fully for this result.
    Rag.. why not? Why is everyone always blaming the owners?

They gave rafa £24M to spend on just one player in the summer.

They gave him £8m or something to get Mascaranes and another £5m to get Benayoun.

The problem is he never plays his starting 11. Why did he have to rest Reina? whats that all about?

Goalkeepers play better the more they are in the first team, not by missing out games.
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 10:24
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Why did he have to rest Reina? whats that all about?

Goalkeepers play better the more they are in the first team, not by missing out games.[/b]
    Correct.

I don't remember Liverpool 'resting' Clemence, Cloughie 'resting' Shilton, or Leicester 'resting' Banks!!!
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 17:53
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Rag.. why not? Why is everyone always blaming the owners?

They gave rafa £24M to spend on just one player in the summer.

They gave him £8m or something to get Mascaranes and another £5m to get Benayoun.

The problem is he never plays his starting 11. Why did he have to rest Reina? whats that all about?

Goalkeepers play better the more they are in the first team, not by missing out games.
    Who's Mascaranes? £5m should be applauded for a supposedly top tier team? LOL. The ever generous Spurs spent that on their last tea-lady.

No, you're right though. The owners were spot on when they wouldn't back Rafa in purchasing another centre half... Carragher is enough quality to have in that position. 🙄

D
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 18:23
    Did enjoy this result.

Played the Barnsley.

Rafa out I think at the end of the season. He has live on the Champions League success long enough. 19 pts behind Arsenal after spending a fortune in the summer!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 20:34
    Pool have to stop wasting money on mediocrity.......

To be successful at the top level, they need to buy

1. Top Players....i.e. Torres, Anelka, Rooney
    or
    2. Young potentially top players....i.e Babel, Anderson, Eduardo

Benayoun, Kuyt, Pennant etc. are simply not good enough at the highest level
  6. 6yd box
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 23:16
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    [b]Who's Mascaranes?
    sorry meant Javier Mascherano.😛
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 12:44
    Originally posted by cantspell
    Rafa out I think at the end of the season. ..... after spending a fortune in the summer!
    In £42m

Torres £20m (rising to £26m based on individual & team performance)
    Babel £11m (rising to £13.5m)
    Benayoun £5m
    Voronin free (Well, nobody in their right mind would "buy" him)
    Skertl £6m

Out £30.2m

Cisse £6m
    Pongolle £2.7m
    Luis Garcia £6m
    Bellamy £7.5m
    Sissoko £8m

Agreed, to you and me £12m is a fortune. But can you name me any other Premiership side in the top half of the table who have spent less (NET) than Liverpool in the last 12 months? I've not been 100% convinced about Rafa's transfer dealings since he arrived, but I can't argue with anything he's done since the end of last season. The yanks promised to splash the cash - but they haven't. Not a penny of their own money. In fact Liverpool's CL prize money and op. profit last year totals more than Rafa's NET transfer spend.

BTW - Mascherano is on loan, and has still not been paid for, despite the yanks saying they'd buy him as a present from their own money. Which as we all know is LFC's money!
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 16:50
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    In £42m

Torres £20m (rising to £26m based on individual & team performance)
    Babel £11m (rising to £13.5m)
    Benayoun £5m
    Voronin free (Well, nobody in their right mind would "buy" him)
    Skertl £6m

Out £30.2m

Cisse £6m
    Pongolle £2.7m
    Luis Garcia £6m
    Bellamy £7.5m
    Sissoko £8m

Agreed, to you and me £12m is a fortune. But can you name me any o ...[text shortened]... hey'd buy him as a present from their own money. Which as we all know is LFC's money!
    Thats disgraceful when you put it like that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree