1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 17:49
    Originally posted by dicky
    HAMILTON, so much quicker in Friday practice.
    Let the Union Jack start to wave and the anthem begin to play and
    welcome the new World Champion.
    Whilst I want this as much as you do , you do of course realise that he could have been champion weeks ago with the right attitude and composure
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 20:40
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Whilst I want this as much as you do , you do of course realise that he could have been champion weeks ago with the right attitude and composure
    He doesn't seem to realise this and no doubt will take this as a slight on Lewis 🙁
  3. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 23:22
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    He doesn't seem to realise this and no doubt will take this as a slight on Lewis 🙁
    Too right I do, you knockers are all the same!
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 00:14
    My word I am shocked that you took that as a slight - as if
    Get a life and join the real world, plus no need to refer to us as breasts 😉
  5. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 19:21
    No - it's the likes of you that are all the same. You only have one predictable posiiton - get 100% behind Lewis (or whatever else it might be) and if you don't the you are a "knocker" - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ---ssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo predictable.

It's basically a kind of fascist position - no room for disent or criticism - just blind patriotism or something?

I was gutted when Lewis lost the title last year , I bet more gutted than you. I was gutted enough to get frustrated by his silly , immature mistakes.

Never mind , life is obviously black and white - you either are 100% behind the guy or 100% against him yes? Give me a break!
  6. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 09:08
    You see now? He won in China (which is great) .But just a bit of composure last week and he would now be world champion. All he needed was 4th/5th place last week and game over , but no....he had to do something spectacular didn't he? I bet he wishes he could go back in time now and slot behind raikonnen on that first corner , he'd be having a big party now.

As it stands he's still only one mechanical problem away from losing the title again at Interlagos. This China result just makes his antics earlier in the season just look more costly than ever.
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 09:33
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    You see now? He won in China (which is great) .But just a bit of composure last week and he would now be world champion. All he needed was 4th/5th place last week and game over , but no....he had to do something spectacular didn't he? I bet he wishes he could go back in time now and slot behind raikonnen on that first corner , he'd be having a big par ...[text shortened]... his China result just makes his antics earlier in the season just look more costly than ever.
    For the love of god man ... shut up will you.
  8. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 10:381 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    For the love of god man ... shut up will you.
    You may not like the way it was said but true none the less.
    Last season with 2 races to go he was 17 points ahead in the titled race and managed to throw the title away. This therefore concludes that until the season is over we can't be sure of anything until he starts to drive with more composure.
    Had he been more composed at that first corner and settled down then he would now be champion. It is also true that although the fat lady is warming up she has not started singing. A simple mechanical problem, a flat tyre, an irrational moment and it can still be taken away yet again.
  9. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 18:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 20:21
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    You may not like the way it was said but true none the less.
    Last season with 2 races to go he was 17 points ahead in the titled race and managed to throw the title away. This therefore concludes that until the season is over we can't be sure of anything until he starts to drive with more composure.
    Had he been more composed at that first corner and settle ...[text shortened]... mechanical problem, a flat tyre, an irrational moment and it can still be taken away yet again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHUT THE F*UCK UP. ALL YOU J*CKS ARE THE SAME!!
  11. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 22:21
    What you are really saying is you finally accept that if he had been more composed then he would be champion by now 😛
  12. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 13:40
    "Shut up" ??? Nice argument!

That was a bit impetuous! You need to show more composure. You could get yourself thrown off the site by using such language. Please don't ever get in a F1 car.

You sound just as self destructive as Lewis can be sometimes.
  13. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 11:36
    I have read the whole thread here and the only person making any valid sense is Dicky.

Hamiltion has the exact same race style as Schumacher (sp), he is NOT there to compete, he is there to win, even if he has to bully the pack, which to my mind he is fantastic at doing, he wouldnt have been close to winning the championship last year and very close to it this year if he didnt have the style he has. As far as flat spotting his tyres, I believe he was running soft tyres at the time and the discs weren't as warm as should have been and locked up, it was a hell of a brave move and good for him to try it. If you where in a boxing ring and had an opening to make a knockout blow would you take it? This is what he tried but unfortunately didnt pay off, big deal, Massa didnt make any points either so dont sweat it. As for Ron Dennis telling him to "calm down or he is off the team", give your head a shake bozo, he is the best rider Britain have seen for ALONG time. Exciting to watch and keep the viewers glued to the sport. Im sure he will continue to make mistakes, they all do but its those mistakes that he will learn from (as he did a fortnight ago by getting the WIN)

We shall all see on Sunday if he will be the first (and youngest) black racer to win the F1, I for one will be jumping on the edge of my seat with a pint in hand cheering him as loud as possible!!
  14. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 20:22
    Originally posted by rmacken
    I have read the whole thread here and the only person making any valid sense is Dicky.

Hamiltion has the exact same race style as Schumacher (sp), he is NOT there to compete, he is there to win, even if he has to bully the pack, which to my mind he is fantastic at doing, he wouldnt have been close to winning the championship last year and very close to it ...[text shortened]... will be jumping on the edge of my seat with a pint in hand cheering him as loud as possible!!
    With your head stuck up there does the methane gas not cause a problem.
    Schumacher had the sense to know what was required of him. Recall him attempting to take out Damien in order to win. When you have the game in the bag you put 11 players behind the ball not giving your opponent the opportunity to turn the tables on you.
  15. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '08 20:35
    YEAHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!

He's done it. Well done Lewis and well done McLaren.
    World Champion and well deserved especially as it looked like only the Brits wanted you to win. Despite all the plotting against him he did more than enough over the season.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree