1. 6yd box
    Moves
    02 Nov '08 21:02
    Originally posted by ManualEngine
    YEAHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!

He's done it. Well done Lewis and well done McLaren.
    World Champion and well deserved especially as it looked like only the Brits wanted you to win. Despite all the plotting against him he did more than enough over the season.
    YES FANTASTIC....well done to Lewis and his great family well done to the whole of the McLaren team
  2. Dublin
    Moves
    03 Nov '08 12:18
    Stunning finish to the race, must be the most exciting end to a season ever. I was hoping Massa would win but can't begrudge Hamilton the championship. I just hope next year is as much fun.
  3. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 15:00
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    With your head stuck up there does the methane gas not cause a problem.
    Schumacher had the sense to know what was required of him. Recall him attempting to take out Damien in order to win. When you have the game in the bag you put 11 players behind the ball not giving your opponent the opportunity to turn the tables on you.
    Hamiltons final race rests my case.

Well done Lewis.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 15:49
    Originally posted by rmacken
    what, only got the 5th he needed because someone picked the wrong tyres and make a balls up of the last lap?

nice way to win a world champ coming 5th thought dont you think? πŸ˜‰
  5. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 17:14
    Originally posted by trev33
    what, only got the 5th he needed because someone picked the wrong tyres and make a balls up of the last lap?

Doooohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 18:33
    Originally posted by rmacken

Well done Lewis.
    I totally disagree, until the last corner he could have lost the championship to Massa. If he was not a hothead the championship would have been sealed before Brazil. Nobody on this thread wanted anyone else other than Lewis to be champion but at least we call a spade a spade and he was his own worst enemy in the last few races. That said he would not have been in that position in the first place if he had not taken risks in earlier races. Still a hothead though.
  7. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 19:01

If someone has Pitted to change tyres he would have come out of pits BEHIND Lewis. Lewis would have definately been in 5th. They took a gamble and it didn't pay off. Either way Lewis would have finished 5th and he did so. He was not lucky.
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 20:06

Trev33... you dont really watch GP do you?

There is a lot to GP then the cars just going round and round.

..and YES.. knowing when and what tyres to use is part of the sport
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 20:081 edit
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I totally disagree, until the last corner he could have lost the championship to Massa. If he was not a hothead the championship would have been sealed before Brazil. Nobody on this thread wanted anyone else other than Lewis to be champion but at least we call a spade a spade and he was his own worst enemy in the last few races. That said he would not have b ...[text shortened]... position in the first place if he had not taken risks in earlier races. Still a hothead though.
    GP is all about taking RISKS...

its not about driving to Homebase with the wife on a sunday morning!

edit: interesting use of the "..we call a spade a spade.." i wonder what you meanπŸ˜‰
  10. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 20:34
    Originally posted by spurs73
    GP is all about taking RISKS...

its not about driving to Homebase with the wife on a sunday morning!

edit: interesting use of the "..we call a spade a spade.." i wonder what you meanπŸ˜‰
    That expression has been around for centuries and had no racist element inferred/intended until you twisted my possibly intentions.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 22:13
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Trev33... you dont really watch GP do you?

There is a lot to GP then the cars just going round and round.

..and YES.. knowing when and what tyres to use is part of the sport
    i used to watch it a little bit but not anymore, so i know there's more than just cars going round and round (although thats all that it seems like....was never much of a fan of motor sports)

anyway i was just trying to get under rmackens skin, i really couldn't care less who the race on sunday who won and who came......fith....
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Nov '08 08:43
    i used to watch it a little bit but not anymore, so i know there's more than just cars going round and round (although thats all that it seems like....was never much of a fan of motor sports)

anyway i was just trying to get under rmackens skin, i really couldn't care less who the race on sunday who won and who came......fith....
    LOLz
  13. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '08 13:37

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree