1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    03 Jul '08 01:16
    http://whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Main/

    This is an extremely in depth online baseball simulation game. You take over a franchise, manage the team, run the front office, scout players, make trades, sign free agents, manage payroll, etc. You have control of your major league team and five minor league teams (from AAA down to Rookie League). Anyone who has ever wanted to own a baseball team should check it out. But be forewarned: it's not for the faint of heart. It looks very complex and time consuming. But I'm sure it won't be so bad once you get the hang of things. Oh, and it costs $15.95 for a season, so it's not for fickle fans. Plus it's a SIMULATION game and not a FANTASY league.

    Anyway, I've gotten my own franchise. The Fargo Argonauts in the "Gehringer World." There are still eight spots left in this world up for grabs, just in case anyone's interested.
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Joined
    11 Mar '06
    Moves
    71817
    03 Jul '08 15:02
    I'm doing the free sim mini season to get a feel for it.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    03 Jul '08 15:40
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I'm doing the free sim mini season to get a feel for it.
    That's a good idea. That'll give you three days to figure out if you like it or not.
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Joined
    11 Mar '06
    Moves
    71817
    03 Jul '08 17:101 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    That's a good idea. That'll give you three days to figure out if you like it or not.
    It was tough creating a roster. Cool getting players from around 1905 though. I also set up a freebie for the NFL.
  5. lazy boy derivative
    Joined
    11 Mar '06
    Moves
    71817
    03 Jul '08 19:04
    Just added a MLB Dream Team. On to College football
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    03 Jul '08 20:05
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Just added a MLB Dream Team. On to College football
    You're out of control.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    03 Jul '08 20:13
    Originally posted by rwingett
    http://whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Main/

    This is an extremely in depth online baseball simulation game. You take over a franchise, manage the team, run the front office, scout players, make trades, sign free agents, manage payroll, etc. You have control of your major league team and five minor league teams (from AAA down to Rookie League). Anyone who has ...[text shortened]... re still eight spots left in this world up for grabs, just in case anyone's interested.
    I am definitely interested.... Might fork out some cash tomorrow... Stay tuned!
  8. lazy boy derivative
    Joined
    11 Mar '06
    Moves
    71817
    03 Jul '08 20:56
    I just joined. I have the New Orleans franchise. Darn, no Minnesota team. Same league as Ring is in.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    04 Jul '08 01:37
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I just joined. I have the New Orleans franchise. Darn, no Minnesota team. Same league as Ring is in.
    You're in the same 'world', but you're in the other league. I'm in the Gehringer world, National league. You're in the Gehringer world, American League. You're in the league where your girly-man pitchers don't want to break their nails in the batter's box.
  10. lazy boy derivative
    Joined
    11 Mar '06
    Moves
    71817
    04 Jul '08 04:15
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You're in the same 'world', but you're in the other league. I'm in the Gehringer world, National league. You're in the Gehringer world, American League. You're in the league where your girly-man pitchers don't want to break their nails in the batter's box.
    The DH kind of bothered me as well. But this franchise had the best most recent success of those available.
  11. Standard memberneonpeon41
    The Conductor
    With the band
    Joined
    14 Jun '07
    Moves
    41110
    04 Jul '08 04:47
    Count me in. (Like I needed something else to waste time with...)

    Looks like fun.

    np
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    04 Jul '08 12:03
    Originally posted by neonpeon41
    Count me in. (Like I needed something else to waste time with...)

    Looks like fun.

    np
    You're in my division, I see. This means I'll be the one most responsible for putting you in last place.
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    04 Jul '08 12:341 edit
    Originally posted by neonpeon41
    Count me in. (Like I needed something else to waste time with...)

    Looks like fun.

    np
    Looks like your pitching staff got chewed up last year. ML and AAA both. That Davey James at AA looks alright, though. You want to trade him?

    I've got the greatest pitcher ever. Posiedon Barker. Gotta love that name. He was 20-9 with a 3.38 ERA last year.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    04 Jul '08 12:47
    Originally posted by badmoon
    The DH kind of bothered me as well. But this franchise had the best most recent success of those available.
    Looks like you could use a new closer this year. 20 saves out of 27 opportunities last year, with 10 losses. Yikes! Maybe I'll trade you something for Vic Riley.
  15. Standard memberneonpeon41
    The Conductor
    With the band
    Joined
    14 Jun '07
    Moves
    41110
    04 Jul '08 13:33
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Looks like your pitching staff got chewed up last year. ML and AAA both. That Davey James at AA looks alright, though. You want to trade him?

    I've got the greatest pitcher ever. Posiedon Barker. Gotta love that name. He was 20-9 with a 3.38 ERA last year.
    Yeah, my pitching looks bad, and they're all way over-paid. Who pays 8.0 Mil/Year for a career 6.08 ERA, 5.8 Mil/Year for career 5.72 ERA? I don't think my pitching was managed well at all last year as these guys were okay until they joined my team.

    My hitting is mediocre.

    At least I have health and speed...*sigh*...it'll take a while to right this ship.

    There is a ton of info to sort through. My main concern now is that I go on vacation next week. I hope I can get finances, etc. sorted out before I leave.

    np
Back to Top