1. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 16:23
    CLIFF LEE signs with the PHILLIES, seems his wife got spit on when Yanks played the Phils in the series. She loved Philadelphia, "happy wife, happy life" as they say.

😀🙂😏😲🙄

Lets put it together for the Phillies starting rotation: Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Roy Oswalt, Cole Hamels. couple Cy Young winners, a few no hitters, World Series MVP.

Might be the best rotation in modern day baseball.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 16:491 edit
    Originally posted by gregsflat
    CLIFF LEE signs with the PHILLIES, seems his wife got spit on when Yanks played the Phils in the series. She loved Philadelphia, "happy wife, happy life" as they say.

😀🙂😏😲🙄

Lets put it together for the Phillies starting rotation: Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Roy Oswalt, Cole Hamels. couple Cy Young winners, a few no hitters, World Series MVP.

No need to be a hater. People like you scream and cry when the Yankees do get their man and laugh when they don't. It's sad. Focus on your own team and don't worry about the Yankees.

As for the Phillies, expectations are going to be through the roof. Maybe it works out on the field, maybe not. I wouldn't measure your finger for a ring just yet.

As for Lee's wife, if you really think that Lee would make a decision like this based on one random incident, you're not giving the man much credit.

Edit: Best rotation in recent history? Maybe. Though at this point I'd still give the nod to Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz and Avery in the mid 90s.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 17:18
    Originally posted by sh76
    No need to be a hater. People like you scream and cry when the Yankees do get their man and laugh when they don't. It's sad. Focus on your own team and don't worry about the Yankees.

As for the Phillies, expectations are going to be through the roof. Maybe it works out on the field, maybe not. I wouldn't measure your finger for a ring just yet.

As for Lee ...[text shortened]... at this point I'd still give the nod to Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz and Avery in the mid 90s.
    Front runner alert!~
  4. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 18:45

As for Lee ...[text shortened]... at this point I'd still give the nod to Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz and Avery in the mid 90s.
    Yanks offered Lee more money. Is this the first time the Yanks didn't get their man?
    George S. is missing, he always made things happen for the team.
  5. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 18:51
    Interesting thread:
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562790&page=5
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 19:221 edit
    Yanks offered Lee more money. Is this the first time the Yanks didn't get their man?
    George S. is missing, he always made things happen for the team.
    No, Carl Crawford went to the Red Sox.

I agree, Hal Steinbrener isn't his father in any way.

P-
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 05:52
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    No, Carl Crawford went to the Red Sox.

I agree, Hal Steinbrener isn't his father in any way.

P-
    Must be as classless a bunch as the Jets for someone to turn down almost 30M to play in a city where the team rejected him! When are NYkers going to grow up and stop spitting on visiting teams' wives, fans, etc? I can't blame Cliff Lee.
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 11:15

Or McNally, Palmer, Cuellar, Dobson. 4 20 game winners. Same team. Same year.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 14:581 edit
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Or McNally, Palmer, Cuellar, Dobson. 4 20 game winners. Same team. Same year.
    Yes. The '54 Indians with Bob Feller as their #4(!) starter are also in the mix. Koufax, Drysdale, Podres and whomever for the Dodgers in the early '60s have to be mentioned as well.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 14:59
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Front runner alert!~
    Huh?

I'm a Yankee fan since I was 8 years old because I grew up in NY. How does that make me a front runner?
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 15:33
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Must be as classless a bunch as the Jets for someone to turn down almost 30M to play in a city where the team rejected him! When are NYkers going to grow up and stop spitting on visiting teams' wives, fans, etc? I can't blame Cliff Lee.
    maybe when they stop serving alcohol at the games?
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '10 04:58
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    maybe when they stop serving alcohol at the games?
    They serve up alcohol in all ballparks and it seems we only hear of people being harrassed, spat on and cat called in NYC. i guess Philly and Cleveland throw batteries, but only at visiting players, not fan visitors. It's OK to do that!
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '10 12:32
    Look at what a different organization the Knicks are. They lost a heart breaker after leading most of the game and their apparent buzzer beater winner was reveresed on replay analysis. No tantrums, no shoving, spitting, tripping or other childish outbursts! Even Spike Lee behaved. The Jets are thuggish punks!
  14. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 23:121 edit

😀🙂😏😲🙄

Get your fact straight, you typical Philly moron. No such event happened. New York is heads and shoulders above you low lifes in Philthydelphia. Like spreading false rumors? Telephone , telegraph, tell gregssplat.

Edit: this goes for all you jellous losers!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree