1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 13:05
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    Rooney maybe but he's nothing compared to Pirlo in whose position he plays. Gerrard plays for Liverpool so I refuse to say anything good about him. Lampard is only good for Chelsea, other squads have more choice and would bypass one so unreliable as he.
    You think Rooney plays in Pirlo's position? 😕
  2. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 13:09
    Originally posted by Palynka
    You think Rooney plays in Pirlo's position? 😕
    Right of midfield, mainly. Although Rooney's too fat to cover the area Pirlo makes himself available in.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 13:15
    Right of midfield, mainly. Although Rooney's too fat to cover the area Pirlo makes himself available in.
    "Right of midfield" is not a footballing position, it's a part of the field.

If you can't see that their functions in the team are completely different, then you don't know much about football.
  4. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 13:21
    "Right of midfield" is not a footballing position, it's a part of the field.

If you can't see that their functions in the team are completely different, then you don't know much about football.
    OK fair point, I don't watch England play so it rules me out of making an objective appraisal of the two, but what I might add is that an Italy side, which is clearly better than England, would choose Pirlo to do Pirlo's job every time before it chose Rooney and played a system he could be an effective part of. Pirlo is class, Rooney is more brute force than anything, although clearly talented with it.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 13:23
    OK fair point, I don't watch England play so it rules me out of making an objective appraisal of the two, but what I might add is that an Italy side, which is clearly better than England, would choose Pirlo to do Pirlo's job every time before it chose Rooney and played a system he could be an effective part of. Pirlo is class, Rooney is more brute force than anything, although clearly talented with it.
    We agree!
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 14:42
    Not good enough. Plain and simple.
    Wow!

That's a shocker.

ENGLAND NOT GOOD ENOUGH to play in the European Championships??

I can see where they would get beaten soundly by most of those teams, but they're not as good as Switzerland?
  7. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 14:50
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Wow!

That's a shocker.

I can see where they would get beaten soundly by most of those teams, but they're not as good as Switzerland?
    Switzerland and Austria qualified as hosts.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 15:04
    This wind-up is funny, considering England recently disposed of the US without even breaking a sweat.
  9. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 15:53
    Originally posted by blade68
    Switzerland and Austria qualified as hosts.
    Oh! I guess that makes some sense.

When does England get to host?
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 16:43
    I've been watching many of the European championship games over here in the states.

I've seen Croatia, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Poland, Greece, Czechoslovakia, Russia, Turkey and others play some great games.

But, I've yet to see England play.

When does England play their games?
    You have friends?

P-
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 18:45
    building a team around Pirlo???? is that why milan had such a good season?
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 19:05
    😞
    American...
  13. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 19:21
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    building a team around Pirlo???? is that why milan had such a good season?
    Bit of a mystery that one, really, Milan of 2008 is almost the same as the Milan that won the Champions League in 2007, and the World thing this season. Some things are mysteries. They'll be back, Pirlo and all.
  14. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 19:23
    Wow!

That's a shocker.

How could you measure that? They did beat Switzerland a few weeks ago, 2-1 I think.

But you don't always have to be the BEST to win.

I imagine an England side under Capello will get on with the job, while the others bicker about Euro 2008 and who's best and who was offside etc, England will regroup and, as the song told us, can only get better.
  15. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 20:39
    I've been watching many of the European championship games over here in the states.

I've seen Croatia, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Poland, Greece, Czechoslovakia, Russia, Turkey and others play some great games.

But, I've yet to see England play.

When does England play their games?
    due to its superiority, england doesn't bother to play in these kind of games, whatever team beats every other team gets to the final and then has to play england

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree