1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 18:16
    Originally posted by rwingett
    My point was plainly evident. As the salaries for top talent continues to rise, fewer and fewer teams are able to effectively compete for their services. The comparative payrolls between 1993 and 2005 demonstrate a rising inequality among teams. What was a modest inequality among most teams in 1993 has now become a glaring one.
    Yet in the last 10 years, 9 different teams have won a World Series. Hardly proof of a growing disparity in competitive balance.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 20:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Yet in the last 10 years, 9 different teams have won a World Series. Hardly proof of a growing disparity in competitive balance.
    Well, the other 2/3 of the teams didn't win, so there must be disparity! 😉😀
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 21:43
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    9 different teams? In the last 10 years there has only been one team to win who was included in the bottom 15 in payroll. Everyone else was in the top 15 in payroll.

Nuff said.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 13:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    9 different teams? In the last 10 years there has only been one team to win who was included in the bottom 15 in payroll. Everyone else was in the top 15 in payroll.

Nuff said.
    You have said more than enough.
    Too bad most of it is the ravings of a lunatic.
    The Reds are home watching the playoffs.
    Ohio State sinks slowly into the sun.
    The Bengals are 2-2 and looking pretty good.
    Yes, life is good for those who bet the opposite of whodey.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 02:06
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You have said more than enough.
    Too bad most of it is the ravings of a lunatic.
    The Reds are home watching the playoffs.
    Ohio State sinks slowly into the sun.
    The Bengals are 2-2 and looking pretty good.
    Yes, life is good for those who bet the opposite of whodey.
    Predictions:

Ohio State either wind up 6-6 or 5-7 at end of the year.

Reds will not make the playoffs for another 10 years.

Bungals will have yet another 8-8 season at best and continue their drive towards mediocrity to abject failure. The Browns? Pffft.

You know, Ohio is the birth place of fooball and has the oldest MLB team in existence. What a sad state of affairs.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 13:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    Predictions:

Ohio State either wind up 6-6 or 5-7 at end of the year.

Reds will not make the playoffs for another 10 years.

Bungals will have yet another 8-8 season at best and continue their drive towards mediocrity to abject failure. The Browns? Pffft.

You know, Ohio is the birth place of fooball and has the oldest MLB team in existence. What a sad state of affairs.
    Wow...Bengals get elevated to 8-8 from your pre-season guess of 0-16.
    Drastic improvement there.

Did you hear about the OSU players now found to have accepted too much pay for
    "non-work" jobs they "performed" in the summer? It just keeps getting better and
    better as they look into Tressel's vessel.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 16:212 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Wow...Bengals get elevated to 8-8 from your pre-season guess of 0-16.
    Drastic improvement there.

Did you hear about the OSU players now found to have accepted too much pay for
    "non-work" jobs they "performed" in the summer? It just keeps getting better and
    better as they look into Tressel's vessel.
    I am desperate for the Bungs to to 0-16. I say if you are going to be a loser you should do it in fine fashion. Of course, they dashed my hopes this year with their first win just like they did when I used to root for them to win but could never muster a winning season. :'(

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree