1. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 12:08
    Originally posted by blade68
    As I understand it, if teams have the same number of points, the decisive factor is on who did better in the head-to-head, if that was a draw, I think it comes down to goal difference then?

Anyone confirm or deny?
    If Romania lose 2-0 and Italy and France draw it'll be a very interesting situation because it'll make the head to head, the GD and the goals for all equal. I think.
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 12:11
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    If Romania lose 2-0 and Italy and France draw it'll be a very interesting situation because it'll make the head to head, the GD and the goals for all equal. I think.
    Do you think that Michel Platini might end up coin tossing with a double headed Euro????!!!!!

🙄
  3. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 14:14
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    If they lose 3-0. 2-0 would send them through.

Interesting decision for Romania. Do they go all out for the win that will definitely send them through and risk getting taken apart, or do they hold on and hope the other result goes their way? After all, France-Italy drawing wouldn't be all that surprising.

Anyone know if the Netherlands are going to play a full-strength team? Or are they going to do a Portugal?
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 14:54
    Originally posted by mtthw

Interesting decision for Romania. Do they go all out for the win that will definitely send them through and risk getting taken apart, or do they hold on and hope the other result goes their way? After all, France-Italy drawing wouldn't be all that surprising.

Anyone know if the Netherlands are going to play a full-strength team? Or are they going to do a Portugal?
    Even with our reserves, if Scolari had played a 4-4-2 instead of playing with 3 defensive midfielders, we had a team to win that game.

Besides, the ref didn't help us much. I guess that Holland is less likely to have that against them, as they're not playing one of the home nations that needs to save face.
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 14:54

Anyone know if the Netherlands are going to play a full-strength team? Or are they going to do a Portugal?[/b]
    That would be the danger, if they sent out 11 milk maids... Holland have been far too professional so far - they're usually fighting with each other, or spitting at Germans, or walking out on the team at half-time.... something's going to disrupt them!

That said, I'm hoping they go all the way - they've been the most attractive side to watch so far.
  6. Utrecht
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 15:10
    Originally posted by Palynka
    We have to get there first, but what a battle that would be!
    Hopefully one with more football than the one we had before 😉
    The best playing teams by far at the moment.
    We have to get there too. Sweden or Russia I believe we can take. But then Spain or France again (they will win over Italy) will be a tough game again.
  7. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 15:23
    Originally posted by blade68
    That would be the danger, if they sent out 11 milk maids... Holland have been far too professional so far - they're usually fighting with each other, or spitting at Germans, or walking out on the team at half-time.... something's going to disrupt them.
    🙂 When I heard Seedorf was refusing to play because he won't work with Van Basten I thought "here we go again". But that doesn't seem to have been a problem so far. Perhaps it helped them?
  8. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 15:25
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Besides, the ref didn't help us much. I guess that Holland is less likely to have that against them, as they're not playing one of the home nations that needs to save face.
    They are playing a team who beat them in qualifying, though. They can't afford to relax much.

(A cynic might think the Netherlands wouldn't be too disappointed to see both Italy and France go out at this stage as well!)
  9. Utrecht
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 15:26

They'll keep the yellow card recievers out for sure. Don't know who they are at the moment. Maybe another few for a break.
    The subs are good players too. A slight difference perhaps, but not much.
    Voices in the dutch team say they want revenge for the only one point out of two in the qualifications with Romania. maybe. Romania has a very strong team too. Worst team was Italy and that wasn't too bad I thought. Take your pick.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree