1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Nov '07 15:12
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I hate people who support teams that cheat and then complain about officiating.
    I hate people who think engine use is cheating, but support steroid use.

P-
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Nov '07 15:13
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    Ooooooh, a shot is fired across the bow! 😲
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Nov '07 15:56

P-
    I don't recall "supporting" steroid use. But cheating means to break a rule not do something somebody thinks there ought to be a rule against.
  4. Under Cover
    Moves
    05 Nov '07 20:53
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I hate people who support teams that cheat and then complain about officiating.
    So then no sports fans should complain about officiating? (ever seen a team that has never had a penalty called on them?)

Yes, penalties are called because someone cheated... Belichik took his 10 yards without an appeal. Now be a man and get over it.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Nov '07 21:01
    Originally posted by Maxwell Smart
    So then no sports fans should complain about officiating? (ever seen a team that has never had a penalty called on them?)

Yes, penalties are called because someone cheated... Belichik took his 10 yards without an appeal. Now be a man and get over it.
    Every time you see a yellow flag, someone is CHEATING... unless we are talking about yesterday's Pats game.

The refs LIED!

P-
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '07 21:21
    Every time you see a yellow flag, someone is CHEATING... unless we are talking about yesterday's Pats game.

The refs LIED!

P-
    Well not quite. Most false starts are just someone losing concentration. Not cheating. Matt Light's leg whip was cheating.

The bogus pass interference calls by the referees were blatant incompetence and I hope we don't see those nimrods in the AFCCG. The NFL shouldn't let that crew officiate such an important game.
  7. Under Cover
    Moves
    05 Nov '07 21:32
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Well not quite. Most false starts are just someone losing concentration. Not cheating. Matt Light's leg whip was cheating.

The bogus pass interference calls by the referees were blatant incompetence and I hope we don't see those nimrods in the AFCCG. The NFL shouldn't let that crew officiate such an important game.
    False starts are leaving before you are allowed to (aka cheating). As most NFL coaches are keenly aware, you only get penalized when you are caught, eh no1?!
  8. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 00:01

The refs LIED!

P-
    During the New England Cowboy game the Cowboys had a player standing still in the end zone and Randy Moss ran into the Cowboys Defender. Flag defensive pass interference. Come on where was the outrage. The refs lied there too. If not for the bad calls against Dallas they would have beat New England by a nose they are a close 7-1 you know. Ever bit as good as the Colts. I know you are a little worried.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 04:03
    Originally posted by Maxwell Smart
    As most NFL coaches are keenly aware, you only get penalized when you are caught, eh no1?![/b]
    The Pats better watch themselves so that they don't get caught cheating again. I mean, the NFL could really do something to make them regret their actions worse than when they were penalized last time. I mean, maybe the NFL will make them sorry for cheating for a change by like painting their locker room pink or something.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 05:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Pats better watch themselves so that they don't get caught cheating again. I mean, the NFL could really do something to make them regret their actions worse than when they were penalized last time. I mean, maybe the NFL will make them sorry for cheating for a change by like painting their locker room pink or something.
    Well not quite. losing concentration. Not cheating.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 02:01
    Well not quite. losing concentration. Not cheating.
    I wonder if there will be an astick by the Patriots name if they win the Super Bowl after having been proven as cheaters?
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 02:04
    I wonder if there will be an astick by the Patriots name if they win the Super Bowl after having been proven as cheaters?
    There has to be an asterisk.

They should go back and add them for the past three titles as well.
  13. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 02:18
    Originally posted by Red Night
    There has to be an asterisk.

They should go back and add them for the past three titles as well.
    So let's see if I've got this straight. Because they we're caught cheating with an illegal videotape against the Jets this year we should automatically assume that they are cheating in every game this year and have cheated in every game since 2007 including the superbowls. We don't need any proof to do this we should just assume it?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 03:04
    Originally posted by Ullr
    So let's see if I've got this straight. Because they we're caught cheating with an illegal videotape against the Jets this year we should automatically assume that they are cheating in every game this year and have cheated in every game since 2007 including the superbowls. We don't need any proof to do this we should just assume it?
    Its kinda like wondering how many home runs Barry Bonds hit while on steroids, no?
  15. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 03:25
    Its kinda like wondering how many home runs Barry Bonds hit while on steroids, no?
    No but a better comparison would be Shawn Merriman's steroid use. Comparing the Patriots infraction to Barry Bonds is apples to oranges. The results of steroid use are much more tangible. All we know about the Pats vidoetaping is that they go caught with it in the 1st quarter of the Jets game. We don't know how long they've been doing this nor do we know if it had any impact on the outcome of any games. We know it had no impact on the Jets game this year. The Jets just plain suck.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree