1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 16:48
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Your football pedegree is A1
    Italy! , another team that we English never seem to beat :'(:'(:'(
    What do you think about Coppella in charge of the England team ?
    I personally think he is a top man !!
    Fabio Capello is indeed a first rate coach. Although I am not English, I have always rooted for all teams from the UK. Scrappy bunch indeed. Capello seems to have whipped them into shape. Capello provides a good balance between defense and offense by concentrating on a strong midfield. Capello did wonders with AC Milan when it was a horrid team. Every team the man touches seems to hit paydirt. Capello may bring the cup home to you guys!

I have always admired footballers, regardless of nationality, who evidence guts, aren't whiney and play their hearts out. For example, Gordon Banks 70 WC against Brazil. Had it not been for Banks the game might hvae been a rout instead of the one-nil gem. What I stated before about low scoring games applies only to those destructive "D" kind of games instead of a true thriller like that game was. By comparison, the 1990 final was a real snoozer.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 17:07
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Fabio Capello is indeed a first rate coach. Although I am not English, I have always rooted for all teams from the UK. Scrappy bunch indeed. Capello seems to have whipped them into shape. Capello provides a good balance between defense and offense by concentrating on a strong midfield. Capello did wonders with AC Milan when it was a horrid team. Every t ...[text shortened]... tead of a true thriller like that game was. By comparison, the 1990 final was a real snoozer.
    please scacchipazzo, you are being assimilated, you must fight these sympathies with your very being! Remember the fall of Constantinople, it was their fault! it was them that wanted to enslave you Americans, tax you, give you no political say nor representation in the affairs of your own country! Please come to your senses!
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 17:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    please scacchipazzo, you are being assimilated, you must fight these sympathies with your very being! Remember the fall of Constantinople, it was their fault! it was them that wanted to enslave you Americans, tax you, give you no political say nor representation in the affairs of your own country! Please come to your senses!
    Sorry, old buddy, but Scotland, Ireland, Wales have no team in the cup. Therefore, since I despise the French, should England advance far into the cup I am all for them! We Yanks have been able to set aside all our former grievances against the motherland!

Bear in mind, also, thet a Capello led England, because of Capello, will have a soft spot in my heart for the team. I wish Capello was leading my Azzurri!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 21:31
    Sorry, old buddy, but Scotland, Ireland, Wales have no team in the cup. Therefore, since I despise the French, should England advance far into the cup I am all for them! We Yanks have been able to set aside all our former grievances against the motherland!

Bear in mind, also, thet a Capello led England, because of Capello, will have a soft spot in my heart for the team. I wish Capello was leading my Azzurri!
    scacchipazzo, scacchipazzo, my son, lets talk about this thing? there is the Azzuri, azure as the clear blue sky and then there is England, despots and purveyors of mediocrity! grey like a cloudy day!

You cannot favour the French, who can blame you? what about Germany? did they not form the triple entente, to oppose the allies? Is there not some mutual respect and affinity since the time of the great Caesar? were not his most trusted body guards, the praetorian guard Germans? did they not also hold the reigns of the Holy Roman empire !

what about the Spanish, your ancient Latin cousins, they play some truly wonderful football, as do the Portuguese. You must think deeply about this thing my friend, remember how they torched the white-house! the very seat of government, how unforgivable a sin and a crime against the free world! i trust you shall give this your undivided attention and make a reappraisal of your cherished values! dont let us down, i would hate for you to wake up with half a horse lying beside you! 😵
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 22:201 edit
    scacchipazzo, scacchipazzo, my son, lets talk about this thing? there is the Azzuri, azure as the clear blue sky and then there is England, despots and purveyors of mediocrity! grey like a cloudy day!

You cannot favour the French, who can blame you? what about Germany? did they not form the triple entente, to oppose the allies? Is there not ...[text shortened]... alues! dont let us down, i would hate for you to wake up with half a horse lying beside you! 😵
    As long as it isn't the October Horse I'm cool. In reallity I will root for team USA all the way. Once they get booted, and they will, I will shift to La Bella Italia. Dopo, I Lusitani e dope Spagna. Gli Anglese sei pui distante in la porzione bassa dalla mia lista. Those praetorians let down quite a few Caesars then ripped off the name and adopted it as Kaiser for their ruler. Unforgivable. The Spaniards ripped off Parma and call it Serrano and lisp while pronouncing it. Can't have that. The Lusitanians fought us tooth and nail during the Iberian conquest. Nah! No good! The Germans mutated then swooped down disguised as Lombards. Scratch Germany. Voila! Leaves the team of the Roses! In deference to you Scots I shall sleep on it and render a decision once the groups are formed. After all if England ends up in same groups as USA, or Italy I have to root against them!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 22:31
    As long as it isn't the October Horse I'm cool. In reallity I will root for team USA all the way. Once they get booted, and they will, I will shift to La Bella Italia. Dopo, I Lusitani e dope Spagna. Gli Anglese sei pui distante in la porzione bassa dalla mia lista. Those praetorians let down quite a few Caesars then ripped off the name and adopted it a ...[text shortened]... ed. After all if England ends up in same groups as USA, or Italy I have to root against them!
    Lol, its the most brilliant thing ive read for ages! Spanish, with a lisp, LOL! thank you my friend i know you are reasonable man!
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 23:46
    Lol, its the most brilliant thing ive read for ages! Spanish, with a lisp, LOL! thank you my friend i know you are reasonable man!
    Well that half horse bit did it for me. After all, Hadrian had to build a wall to keep them windbagpipers out! Pretty scary stuff indeed! Getting mooned from atop that wall while torturing Romans with Walter Scott prose made them Romans run back to Italy with their tails knotted between their legs with a kilt! I am convinced!
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 07:50
    If Henry HADN'T handled the ball he would not have been there as a professional striker.
    Diving , shirt pulling and the odd handball are part of the game.
    Teams that are on top often go down.
    Thats what makes football/soccer the game it is.
    Every sport has boring games.
    A basketball game where the score is 120-76,for example.
    My comisserations to Ireland, but thats football/life..

And they trialed video refs in cricket with pretty disasterous results. I mean imagine if a team were awarded a penalty goal by a fourth ref. Just nuts that would be🙄
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 11:51
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    If Henry HADN'T handled the ball he would not have been there as a professional striker.
    My comisserations to ...[text shortened]... I mean imagine if a team were awarded a penalty goal by a fourth ref. Just nuts that would be🙄
    i have one thing to say to you Karoly Poly, Scotland 9 Australia 8
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 12:56
    My comisserations to ...[text shortened]... I mean imagine if a team were awarded a penalty goal by a fourth ref. Just nuts that would be🙄
    you're a bit of a moron aren't you?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 13:39
    i have one thing to say to you Karoly Poly, Scotland 9 Australia 8
    Cool Robbie. I don't much like the Aussie soccer team. I bet the Scottish players spend more time at home and speak with their native accents. Correct me if I'm wrong...
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 13:41
    Originally posted by trev33
    you're a bit of a moron aren't you?
    And why exactly? Have I not tried to reflect things factually? Its not my fault if proffessional football is moronic at times.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 14:19
    Cool Robbie. I don't much like the Aussie soccer team. I bet the Scottish players spend more time at home and speak with their native accents. Correct me if I'm wrong...
    Lol, Karoly, it was not the soccer team, but the Rugby team! First time since 1982 we have won against the mighty Wallabies! As it is I shall be adopting Australia as my team for the football world cup, in respect of my Aussie friend Bindi! They have a groovy strip, excellent songs (Men at Work and AC/DC), and play like men, England could learn a lot!
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 14:30
    Lol, Karoly, it was not the soccer team, but the Rugby team! First time since 1982 we have won against the mighty Wallabies! As it is I shall be adopting Australia as my team for the football world cup, in respect of my Aussie friend Bindi! They have a groovy strip, excellent songs (Men at Work and AC/DC), and play like men, England could learn a lot!
    Ah,thnx for correcting me.
    I thought you were talking about some soccer game in the distant past.
    Now the Aussie rugby team I really dislike.

Y'know for a first world nation there are some real backward, boondock attitudes here in OZ. The tall-poppy syndrome ,for one.
    It seems that all the sport teams field mainly morons,(to take from Trevs' vernacular), and hence anyone a bit different is shunned. I know its not just here...
    Anyway you can have the green and gold! I'll take the blue and white anyday. (I love Braveheart🙂 )
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 14:52
    Ah,thnx for correcting me.
    I thought you were talking about some soccer game in the distant past.
    Now the Aussie rugby team I really dislike.

Y'know for a first world nation there are some real backward, boondock attitudes here in OZ. The tall-poppy syndrome ,for one.
    It seems that all the sport teams field mainly morons,(to take from Trevs' verna ...[text shortened]... you can have the green and gold! I'll take the blue and white anyday. (I love Braveheart🙂 )

what does this thing mean? i never heard of boondock nor tally poppy syndrome! great soccer players do not need to be intellectual giants, take David Beckham for example, he seems to all intents and purposes to be a very simple and sincere fellow, not an intellectual giant by any manner of means, but he can do with a football what no one else can.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree