1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 00:211 edit
    Post your thoughts, especially if your name around here is "Ramned."

Seahawks -

We started out slow on offense, but the D played very well all game. The O picked it up after the 1st Quarter. By the end we looked like we were starting to click. Alexander rushed for over 100 yards and Hasslebeck had over 200 yards passing and a TD. Branch didn't get much but Burleson had a good day as did Pollard, our new TE. DJ Hackett left the game early with an ankle sprain, but he should be okay for next week. Our O-line protected Hasslebeck very well today while we sacked Tampa Bay 5 times. All in all a good way to open up the season.
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 00:33
    The Vikes did in the powerful Falcons. Their defense totally overwhelmed the Falcon offensive juggernot somehow confusing and thwarting future hall of famer Joey Harrington.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 00:48
    Bengals -

Yea, they are doing great!!! They are even in first place can you believe it!!!! Whodey, whodey, whodey think gonna beat them Bengals!!!. Granted they don't start their season until tomorrow but this may be the last oppurtunity to gloat until the beginning of next year. That is, if I can judge them accuratly in terms of how they have played in preseason.
  4. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 00:593 edits

Such an unimportant week. I mean, come on, the Bucs? The Panthers? It's the beginning of the season, and not a division game, so very harmless game.

Rams started out explosive. All the way until Orlando Pace was injured - then, the line broke, as did the running game and Bulger was pressured alot.

The defense was average (until the offense broke down). Seems Pace is a major player as his leaving the game caused problems everywhere.

Next week = 49ers. Hopefully, Pace will be back, and the Rams will redeem themselves in a DIVISIONAL.

From there, they will do good enough to make the playoffs (and beat seattle 😛 DUH 😛)

0-1 tastes really bad. But at least I can look at a solid fantasy football victory (in my winners league. Rams fans are smart - I won my league last year and thus play with other winners. So trust my judgement in saying the Rams are promising for next week.)
  5. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 01:29
    I missed the game, but at least we won!
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 01:36
    Originally posted by Ramned

Such an unimportant week. I mean, come on, the Bucs? The Panthers? It's the beginning of the season, and not a division game, so very harmless game.

Rams started out explosive. All the way until Orlando Pace was injured - then, the line broke, as did the running game and Bulger was pressured alot.

The defense was average (until the off ...[text shortened]... play with other winners. So trust my judgement in saying the Rams are promising for next week.)
    You're very good at making excuses for the Rams... keep up the good work.

Pats take the jets out easy, and Bill seems to pile a little extra on for a solid crush in a week one division game.

Pats had some missing parts, but they were not missed. Bill as usual does what he can with what he has and the beautiful Tom Brady makes it happen on the field. I was concerned they would be 1-3 by the time HGH and PUP boys come back, but I no longer have that feeling.

Pats are the team to beat.

P-
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 01:59
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You're very good at making excuses for the Rams... keep up the good work.

Pats take the jets out easy, and Bill seems to pile a little extra on for a solid crush in a week one division game.

Pats had some missing parts, but they were not missed. Bill as usual does what he can with what he has and the beautiful Tom Brady makes it happen on the field ...[text shortened]... nd PUP boys come back, but I no longer have that feeling.

Pats are the team to beat.

P-
    The Pats did look very impressive. Seems like Moss is fitting right in.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 02:08
    Originally posted by Ramned

The defense was average (until the off ...[text shortened]... play with other winners. So trust my judgement in saying the Rams are promising for next week.)
    Better luck next week. I'll be rooting for you against the Niners.
    And I'll be rooting for the Cardinals this week as well. That way when Seattle beats those birds, the standings will look like this

Seattle 2-0
    St Louis 1-1
    Arizona 1-1
    San Fran 0-2.

That would be a nice way for Week 2 to end.
  9. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 02:18
    We desperately need a punt returner. 😞
  10. Standard memberhammster21
    Endgamer
    Wisconsin
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 03:02
    Originally posted by eagles54
    We desperately need a punt returner. 😞
    Go packers!!! But ya, you could use a punt returner. Did you see some of the plays Favre made though, wow. A shuffle pass as he was getting sacked and the side armed throw as he was about to get sacked. It was a good game, Too bad I missed the end. I think both teams should have ran more. The eagles had some success running the ball while I think the packers needed to run a little more on 1st and 2nd down. The Packers are just 15 more wins away from a perfect season. Go PACK!!!
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 03:51
    Originally posted by telerion

Seahawks -

We started out slow on offense, but the D played very well all game. The O picked it up after the 1st Quarter. By the end we looked like we were starting to click. Alexander rushed for over 100 yards and Hasslebeck had over 200 yards passing and a TD. Branch didn't get ...[text shortened]... y well today while we sacked Tampa Bay 5 times. All in all a good way to open up the season.
    So you are a Seahawks fan? If so, I have a question for you. Do you think you were robbed in the Super Bowl playing against the Steelers? In all honesty, I did not care who would win, however, watching it gave me the impression that Seattle should have won that game. It seemed as though every time Seattle made a big gain or play the officials would throw a yellow flag. In fact, it was so bad the announcers began questioning the penalties on several occasions by saying they saw no infractions occur. It was the first NFL game I have ever watched were I felt that perhaps the game was fixed. What say you?
  12. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 07:081 edit
    Dallas won their game Tony Romo looked pretty good again.
    TDS
    INT
    YDS
    RTG
    but I am really concerned about the defense. It stunk, but then again so did the Giants defense, I don't know if it was the heat or what is was. We lost some key players in preseason, but then so did everyone else. The giants got beat up a bit lost Eli Manning (temporarily)??? with shoulder problems. Next week, who knows.

Good first weeks showing for a lot of teams really. I thought New England and the Chargers stood out. Randy Moss, wow! LT's touch down pass... he's Superman. Going to be a good year for football.
  13. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 12:50
    Originally posted by telerion

Seahawks -

We started out slow on offense, but the D played very well all game. The O picked it up after the 1st Quarter. By the end we looked like we were starting to click. Alexander rushed for over 100 yards and Hasslebeck had over 200 yards passing and a TD. Branch didn't get ...[text shortened]... y well today while we sacked Tampa Bay 5 times. All in all a good way to open up the season.
    Titans baby. Beat a very good Jacksonville team in Jacksonville, not to mention it was a divisional game which is always better. Next week the offensive powerhouse Colts. But we can take em, we almost beat them twice last year but at least we got one.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 14:482 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you are a Seahawks fan? If so, I have a question for you. Do you think you were robbed in the Super Bowl playing against the Steelers? In all honesty, I did not care who would win, however, watching it gave me the impression that Seattle should have won that game. It seemed as though every time Seattle made a big gain or play the officials would throw ...[text shortened]... e first NFL game I have ever watched were I felt that perhaps the game was fixed. What say you?
    I say that that is a very dark subject for me, one which required weeks of personal therapy to overcome.

Response: Don't offer a beer to a recovering alcoholic!!

😉

But yes . . . I definitely think that there were some very unfortunate and untimely calls during that game. And a number of the people watching that game came away with a similar impression as yours (not so much game fixing, but very poor officiating). Anyway, this topic has great potential of ending in a flame war, so I won't say anymore about it here.
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 14:53
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Dallas won their game Tony Romo looked pretty good again.
    TDS
    INT
    YDS
    RTG
    but I am really concerned about the defense. It stunk, but then again so did the Giants defense, I don't know if it was the heat or what is was. We lost some key players in preseason, but then so did everyone else. The giants got beat up a bit lost Eli Mann ...[text shortened]... Randy Moss, wow! LT's touch down pass... he's Superman. Going to be a good year for football.
    I think that the Chicago - Chargers game was less about San Diego's good play and more about Chicago's 4 turnovers. Still I expect both to be solid teams this year.

No doubt about NE. They looked like the team to beat this year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree